Seat makes a comeback to Singapore!

Fcw75

The only worry with diesels is the govt might pull the plug and revise special tax and then you will be once again screwed like CNG cars.

You hit the nail on the head! They have already mentioned recently that they will be reviewing the emissions by diesel car before putting up further recommendation probably before next budget announcement. Not a good sign to me...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

July 2016.

Just went pass the old vertex showrrom at ubi, constructio/reno not completed..

Will Seat showroom be at Leng Kee or Ubi/KB area?

Hoping TDI manual will have some models available

Just went pass the old vertex showrrom at ubi, constructio/reno not completed..

Will Seat showroom be at Leng Kee or Ubi/KB area?

Hoping TDI manual will have some models available

I dropped in the other day and asked the people there, looks like Aug / Sep time frame. And should be stuated at Ubi.

Wondering how SEAT's reliability compare to VW. Most noises seem to come from VW even though they share the same platform / engine. Any thoughts?

In UK SEAT is selling about 10% lower than comparable VW models, with pretty favourable reviews. 

Singaporeans are brand consious.

No one dare to buy.

SEAT design lines follows closely to Audi, whereas Skoda follows VW.

You could be paying lesser for a SEAT and getting more factory options as compared to VW.

VW are factory direct.. they will know the prices for all VAG products and margains..

if they know they are overpricing due to new comers, they will use service backup as a kind of "strength" to pull buyers..

thats why some small timing cannot fight well in the car industry here..

(edited)

You could be paying lesser for a SEAT and getting more factory options as compared to VW.

Just like Skoda has more features and yet is priced lower than equivalent VW model. But too bad, no AD for now. Ask around those driving Skoda, many are willing to get another one, if there is a new AD appointed for the brand (of course it better to be a reputable one this time).

VW of late is overpricing their cars, inching up to the premium conti segment. :a-noway:  :a-noway:

BTW, the latest info I got from Vertex is that there are further delay with LTA clearance, and the launch might be push back till end of Q3 this year.

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 6

Just like Skoda has more features and yet is priced lower than equivalent VW model. But too bad, no AD for now. Ask around those driving Skoda, many are willing to get another one, if there is a new AD appointed for the brand (of course it better to be a reputable one this time).

VW of late is overpricing their cars, inching up to the premium conti segment. :a-noway::a-noway:

BTW, the latest info I got from Vertex is that there are further delay with LTA clearance, and the launch might be push back till end of Q3 this year.

Back in year 2000, Barcelona Motors also faced delay by LTA.

The delay was due to incomplete submission of technical documents required by LTA.

The way Spaniards work is very slow...

problem here i foreseen is not the brand SEAT, but vertex.

This AD dont inspire me with confidence.

There are tons of mechanics out there that can service and repair a VW group of cars.

Most important is they sell cheap. No frills.. I don't need posh showroom or service bay waiting area.

• Praise 2

They'll need to have a good plan to ensure a smooth rollout to the SG market, given that buyers will be taking on a risk in the 'unknown' factor. Both as a car brand as well as the Vertex AD brand.

Apart from competitive price and long warranty, they definitely need to do more to inspire confidence in buyers. Hopefully they can get creative. i.e. introduce schemes to ensure value of car after x years etc etc?

Turbocharged

Who is the AD?

How come? Cause they couldn't help Chery take off in Singapore?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2