Seat makes a comeback to Singapore!

Fcw75

Seat do have it group (albeit a small one) of followers in Singapore. Agreed with many that pricing is an important factor for determining the success of this niche brand here. Good products at reasonable pricing will move sales without much difficulty.

Beside pricing, Vertex must also listen to the consumer, when deciding on it product lineup (including spec & options). Just look at PI which has done extremely well (as compared to AD) with the sales of say JDM Vezel, Estima, Alphard / Vellfire. The winning factors for PI is that they can bring in any model and spec it customers want.

Last, the after sales service is equally important. I for one will also give due consideration to service quality and ease of booking a service appointment.

PI got more flexibility because they source their cars from dealers overseas. So they can cherry pick what they want.

ADs have to listen to the brand principal who decides on these specs/options for local market. It's a completely different ball game.

Not to forget differences in costs between PIs and ADs with regards to overheads + taxation (the CEVS calculation formula is different for one).

Yes, brand building take time & lot of $$$ (advertisement to create brand awareness in particular), but I personally think that in this internet era, many would have already done some research before even he/she visit the showroom, and as long as no -ve feedback (generally the case so far), half the battle is won.

And that is why I keep stressing that pricing is important. Take the Alhambra for example, the pricing in Europe is ±10% lower than Sharan of the same spec. If that applies here (barring the erratic COE movement), it will be in the range of say Odyssey, and going by typical buyer mentality (conti make at Jap price, why not?), some will bite (be it just 5 or 10 in the first 3 months). Once the car are put on the road, awareness will grow, but slowly...

As for bringing in spec that customer want, I am referring to niche model like Cupra range, FR Line trim (with sport suspension & diff bumper treatment), manual trans, latest model yet to be available at VW Sg, such as Ateca, Leon Xperience, Toledo (half size smaller than Jetta), etc.

I fully agreed that the first priority for Vertex is to "teach" the general public how to pronounce SEAT correctly. It is not seat, but See-iat (much like Fiat, substitute "F" to "S"). [;)]

They also need to consider cost. Lots of people talk about wanting to buy "sporty manual" cars, but how many actually put money down? They cannot keep a stock of these cars just to wait for one or two people to buy. And so it becomes indent only which then drives the cost up and becomes a vicious cycle.

• Praise 6

Precisely, people say dealer should bring in manual transmission and this and that. But when they really bring in and sell, no one will buy and they are left with the stock, with their money tied up.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 6

Saw the SEAT showroom in UBI being renovated..when will they officially launch?

I was informed by the sales manager yesterday that the official launch of Seat has been set on 15 Oct, and all their cars has gotten necessary approval from LTA. Just that pricing are not out yet.

• Praise 8

I was informed by the sales manager yesterday that the official launch of Seat has been set on 15 Oct, and all their cars has gotten necessary approval from LTA. Just that pricing are not out yet.

Yes... the showroom is scheduled to be opened on the 15th Oct...

I'll be back in the office again on the 3rd Oct next Monday ...

Hopefully I'll be able to obtain more information then!

I still remember a friend had the SEAT Malaga back in the 1980s. The car not much power but the door damn solid.

Thread started in Y2011 and SEAT still making a comeback in Y2016.

Edited by Civic6228
  • Praise 1

U sound like the Seat sales mgr lol. Anyway, looking forward to seeing Leon ST in the showroom.

U sound like the Seat sales mgr lol. Anyway, looking forward to seeing Leon ST in the showroom.

I am just kapoying. The real Seat staff are one of the forumer here. For me, I am interested in the MPV thus kept checking with Vertex for updates. Just like what my wife said 皇帝不急太监急 hahaha...

• Praise 6

Was at SEAT this morning, not open for biz yet. Official opening is 8 Oct. Took photo of the diesel Alhambra (from outside). Still using the halogen headlights but comes with 18 inch rims.

post-21285-0-03715400-1475038927_thumb.jpg

post-21285-0-48595400-1475039031_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Was at SEAT this morning, not open for biz yet. Official opening is 8 Oct. Took photo of the diesel Alhambra (from outside). Still using the halogen headlights but comes with 18 inch rims.

8 Oct? Hmmm I was told 15 Oct just 2 days ago. BTW, the Alhambra without Xenon headlight and the nicer (than Sharan) LED DRL is a bad move...

Any idea what models would be available at launch of new showroom?

1. Leon?

2. Alteca?

3. Toledo?

4. Alhambra?

I have posted the model earlier, check here.

• Praise 5

For all Bros keen in the SEAT cars now, we should do a GB for better bargaining on price or extra freebies.

I never need to GB to get the best deal.

Just bring cheque book along and have an "open book" discussion with the sales. More fruitful. Normally win/win/win situation.

I never need to GB to get the best deal.

Just bring cheque book along and have an "open book" discussion with the sales. More fruitful. Normally win/win/win situation.

GB or Open Book Discussion, come and look for me [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1