Seat makes a comeback to Singapore!

Fcw75

Haha, just joking bro.

Yep, good to have competition and to compare.

Hopefully VCS will buck up and Seat will be around for a long time, don't end up like Skoda.

No issue as it also does not benefit me as I already placed order with VW couple of weeks ago. Now waiting the car to sail through Indian Ocean to reach Singapore.

↡ Advertisement

Saw the picture of the Toledo on sgcarmart. The specs look ok. There's auto aircon, cruise control, multi-function steering with bluetooth, touch screen radio. Torque is rated at 230Nm which is only slightly below the Caddy 1.6TDI which i'm driving now. I think this car can kill the Jetta Trendline as the Jetta's specs are quite lousy.

Toledo is one size smaller than Jetta. To put things in perspective, Toldeo is the size of Polo Sedan and the same as Skoda Rapid.

On a separate note, I sincerely wish Seat can stay forever in Singapore, as it is a good brand, and deserve a place in local motoring scene. [thumbsup]

• Praise 14

Base on all the feedback on their Facebook there's seems to be plenty of interest in ateca suv.

Toledo is one size smaller than Jetta. To put things in perspective, Toldeo is the size of Polo Sedan and the same as Skoda Rapid.

On a separate note, I sincerely wish Seat can stay forever in Singapore, as it is a good brand, and deserve a place in local motoring scene. [thumbsup]

Perhaps directing at Mazda 2 sedan

In SG, it is dictated by $... if $ not attractive, good bye... just like fiat.

Also depends on your time horizon for owning a Seat - if you intend to own it for ten years, no problem, the profit margin delta is what you take to the bank, but if you want to change it in 3-5 years, you will suffer in trade in value. But that's no different from VWs being given rock-bottom tradeins right now though.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAXIGeVcaKc

Just can't wait for this one hahahahah, awesome car... too bad with our system it will probably cost as much as an Audi A4 if not more :(

Probably would be priced against Golf GTi or Golf R or S3... I can't remember which one the Cupra lines are closer to

Probably would be priced against Golf GTi or Golf R or S3... I can't remember which one the Cupra lines are closer to

SEAT Cupra is closer with VW Golf GTI ClubSport,both FWD,but most likely price below the GTI price....Anyway GTI's sales already 'dead'.....

if Seat wants to make a deeper impression here needs to have an identity.

like Merc for class,BMW for sporty,Subaru for Beng?

there is talk of a resurgence of Skoda.

If its true, the Superb 280 would be delicious

SEAT Cupra is closer with VW Golf GTI ClubSport,both FWD,but most likely price below the GTI price....Anyway GTI's sales already 'dead'.....

Not really dead. Sales of GTi last weekend for die hard was really flying off the shelves.

still looks quite nice except the 5D side looks like the old Mazda 3 .

If the specs on the website is correct, it comes with safety lane monitoring , Limited Diff and 19 inch.

[thumbsup]   :wub:  :a-good:

Hmm 170,000.... Sharan going for 165,000

For that price, might as well get the Sorento turbo diesel w AWD wif all the bell & whistles, backed by a longer warranty + C&C reputation and still hv alot of spare change left...
  • Praise 1

140K is attractive enough to go for Alhambra. The new sharan facelift actually change very little thing only.

Consider this, customers looking at the sharan and alhambra will also consider the Estima and Odessy.

If and only if Alhambra can match their Japanese rivals in price and specifications then they will have a chance of surviving. 

Remember that the pricing is as important as the specifications. SEAT is no Audi, where people are willing to get a skeleton. 

140K is attractive enough to go for Alhambra. The new sharan facelift actually change very little thing only.

I suspect that it would be priced at around $130k plus with a promotion for a limited period, depending on the strength of the euro and the specs they bring in.

The road tax for a 2.0 diesel won't be cheap though, about 2k I think per year. For someone who lives in the East and works in Tuas, this will be earned back easily but higher mileage means higher maintenance too. Two sides to every coin.

Looking forward to the Ateca SUV............. 

Turbocharged

Does our local variant of the Leon come with the nice angled DRLs? Looked at the sgcarmart photos and doesn't look like to me.

seat-leon-st-first-drive-09.jpg

Depends on whether we get the LED headlamps. The one you see here are the standard-in-Europe LED headlamps and it's probable that we aren't getting those standard.

↡ Advertisement