Seat makes a comeback to Singapore!

Fcw75

It depends on which SE. Got some ngeow one will tell you have to put 5k down before let you test. And further caveat it by telling you most go ahead with the booking after test drive. In today's market, i feel this is BS. Last i enquired, Vertex got a few more ex stock units for the cupra.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

The new SEAT Ibiza is using the DQ200 7-speed DSG gearbox. This is dry clutch.

It is infamous because previously it encountered problems (mechatronic failure) which resulted in a recall in 2013. You can read more about it here http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=2943&PN=all

Did a bit of research on the DQ200, seems like they have solved the issue though there are still some complaints about it.

Edited by tektok
  • Praise 2

haha... what do you expect from an Egg Supplier?

Egg supplier or not.. the usual idiot normally go wot n drive recklessly n hence the curb.. if my infor is correct. The first batch of cupra one of the car got into an accident

Just collected my SEAT Ibiza. Clocked 100 km so far. All seems good, with good pick up. Very much different from my old polo. Reliability of the dq200 gearbox remains to be seen...

Just collected my SEAT Ibiza. Clocked 100 km so far. All seems good, with good pick up. Very much different from my old polo. Reliability of the dq200 gearbox remains to be seen...

collecting mine tmr also. Did ur ibiza comes with fron fog lamp? 

• Praise 1

Egg supplier or not.. the usual idiot normally go wot n drive recklessly n hence the curb.. if my infor is correct. The first batch of cupra one of the car got into an accident

Wow first batch of Cupra got into accident during test drive? If so, it makes for juicy gossip hehe

It is already 2 years since SEAT is launched in Singapore though. Time really flies.

• Praise 1

collecting mine tmr also. Did ur ibiza comes with fron fog lamp?

Yes, mine has fog lamp. But do you mean daylight running lights? Mine is halogen though, not as nice as LED haha.

Fog lamps can off and on, but daylight running lights cannot be switched off. Irritating!

Edited by tektok

Yes, mine has fog lamp. But do you mean daylight running lights? Mine is halogen though, not as nice as LED haha.

Fog lamps can off and on, but daylight running lights cannot be switched off. Irritating!

Bro.. use Ins tool to set the option on the screen to allow you to set it on or off.. joy of vag cars is configurable...

Bro.. use Ins tool to set the option on the screen to allow you to set it on or off.. joy of vag cars is configurable... ð¤

Sorry Bro, new to this, I not understand. Haha

Can help to elaborate how to do this? Need to buy the diagnostic tool?

Sorry Bro, new to this, I not understand. Haha

Can help to elaborate how to do this? Need to buy the diagnostic tool?

Oops auto correct.. it’s ODB tools. Else the usual vag workshop outside should be able to configure for you foc..

Wow first batch of Cupra got into accident during test drive? If so, it makes for juicy gossip hehe

It is already 2 years since SEAT is launched in Singapore though. Time really flies.

No such thing happened lah... if buang I'll be the first to know lol [smash]

• Praise 1

Oops auto correct.. it’s ODB tools. Else the usual vag workshop outside should be able to configure for you foc..

Thanks for the info!

Learnt that some Android phones are not compatible with full-link to the infotainment system in my Ibiza. Searched for AndroidAuto in the play store but it is "not supported" for download.

Fortunately discovered that I can download the AndroidAuto apk file. After installing the apk file in my phone, it works like a charm. Now no need for external phone holder, just plug the usb in and can enjoy navigation, music player, phone call and messaging via the infotainment screen.

If you want to download the apk, just do a google for AndroidAuto apk, I used apkmirror.

Edited by tektok
  • Praise 1

Learnt that some Android phones are not compatible with full-link to the infotainment system in my Ibiza. Searched for AndroidAuto in the play store but it is "not supported" for download.

Fortunately discovered that I can download the AndroidAuto apk file. After installing the apk file in my phone, it works like a charm. Now no need for external phone holder, just plug the usb in and can enjoy navigation, music player, phone call and messaging via the infotainment screen.

If you want to download the apk, just do a google for AndroidAuto apk, I used apkmirror.

It's not that the phones are not compatible, it's that Google does not make Android Auto available in the Singapore version of the Play Store. No idea why, especially when turn by turn navigation for Singapore in Google Maps is fully supported.

As you mentioned installing the APK is the workaround.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1