Seat makes a comeback to Singapore!

Fcw75

yes, VW is here to fight the Japs...but pricing wise is still usually higher positioned..

if SEAT can come along, it can 'sit' below VW and fight on almost equal pricing position against the Japs...of cos how much sales can this bring is anyone guess..

I tot I saw recently the base model Golf abt same as Altis.

Also ty hv a smaller model....Polo. That is cheaper still. [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

You sure? Skoda is selling at higher price than VW.

U mean now Skoda is selling higher than VW? Like that how to sell? [dizzy]

VW name at least pple know well. Skoda ty still associate with those problematic Chez cars similar to the Russian Lada of before. No wonder now can hardly see any Skoda on the roads. [:/]

Twincharged

Anyway driving SEAT & VW are the same,they used the same engines,same [problematic] 7 speeds DSG...& many more parts,only body panels & interior details not the same...S'pore car markets already so tough...no one will spends Millions to set up SEAT agent.

U mean now Skoda is selling higher than VW? Like that how to sell? [dizzy]

VW name at least pple know well. Skoda ty still associate with those problematic Chez cars similar to the Russian Lada of before. No wonder now can hardly see any Skoda on the roads. [:/]

arbutthen? Take the evergreen mid-size sedan in Singapore's context; we have Jetta 1.4A = 127K, cloned equivalent Octavia 1.4A = 136.9K.

Maybe Octy is better-specced, but then the gap is still too wide. Would expect Octy to have better specs than Jetty, but competitively priced same/lower than Jetty taking into consideration of the branding, etc, etc.

Seat Alhambra. Is it me or is this super similar to Volkswagen Touran? Or are Volkswagen's vehicles being marketed as Seat in some markets? [confused]

[cool]

Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda is under the VAG group. So many of the car part is shared around.

Seat is a spanish car maker...they use to see Seat in SG...the Seat Ibiza and Seat Toledo. The Seat Ibiza was a fun car to drive...but dunno about reliability...but begin from VAG parts...should be ok...not much electronic stuffs. A friend of mine drove the Toledo...didn't hear him complaining too much.

I rem the showroom was in Sin Ming...I went to see the one can't rem the model...they were suppose to bring in 10 of these turbo charged 4WD cars (a bit like Golf GTi)...but before the car even made in to the showroom...they close shop liao...I think the dealership was under NTUC...

Cant understand why Skoda put more cars on the road than Seat...cos essentially both identical car....but the Seat is so much better looking that the Skoda.

arbutthen? Take the evergreen mid-size sedan in Singapore's context; we have Jetta 1.4A = 127K, cloned equivalent Octavia 1.4A = 136.9K.

Maybe Octy is better-specced, but then the gap is still too wide. Would expect Octy to have better specs than Jetty, but competitively priced same/lower than Jetty taking into consideration of the branding, etc, etc.

Whats their game? Some marketing stratergy?

It wil just kill off Skoda but then it wil boost VW sales.

Maybe Skoda is going to exit SG market soon? [confused]

Twincharged

Whats their game? Some marketing stratergy?

It wil just kill off Skoda but then it wil boost VW sales.

Maybe Skoda is going to exit SG market soon? [confused]

Harvest Auto belongs to Peter Kwee's Son In Law,they got alot of $$$ to burn,won't close shop easily,their Holden cars also a failure....

Harvest Auto belongs to Peter Kwee's Son In Law,they got alot of $$$ to burn,won't close shop easily,their Holden cars also a failure....

Well if ty cannot generate enough sales...Skoda can just take back the dealership. And that is a decision by the VAG group.

Plus the prices Harvest buys their cars is set by VAG as well.

Maybe Peter is too anxious to grow his auto dealerships but cannot seem to find the right brand cos all the popular ones already taken n he end up having to make a big gamble by taking those nobody wants.

Anyway he already has plenty of dealerships in Indo.

Twincharged

Well if ty cannot generate enough sales...Skoda can just take back the dealership. And that is a decision by the VAG group.

Maybe Peter is too anxious to grow his auto dealerships but cannot seem to find the right brand cos all the popular ones already taken n he end up having to make a big gamble by taking those nobody wants.

VAG already 'offended' Peter Kwee when they took back VW from him[Car & Cars] 11 yrs ago,i don't think they will do this to him,only he got this type of $$ to be this type of low volume dealer...oh yes,Peter main income still from Indonesia business....[same as Karsono Kwee]

car dealership is his hobby, not a source of income.

VAG already 'offended' Peter Kwee when they took back VW from him[Car & Cars] 11 yrs ago,i don't think they will do this to him,only he got this type of $$ to be this type of low volume dealer...oh yes,Peter main income still from Indonesia business....[same as Karsono Kwee]

But I dun ustand the rational where Skoda is more ex than VW?

Something is definately not right here. Something is going on. [gossip]

car dealership is his hobby, not a source of income.

Then it makes sense but those super rich wil wan to make money even from their hobbies. [laugh]

I dun see a rich man throwing away money. It goes against common sense. [confused]

(edited)

Peter Kwee-VW case in High Court

A DISPUTE between a local motor distributor and a German vehicle maker is to be heard in the High Court.

Former Volkswagen representative Car & Cars - owned by entrepreneur Peter Kwee - is suing the Wolfsburg-based manufacturer of Golfs and Passats for compensation over a bitter parting of ways. A pre-trial conference is due at 9am today.

Car & Cars is represented by senior counsel Lok Vi Ming of Rodyk & Davidson. Volkswagen - the world's third largest auto maker after Toyota and General Motors - is represented by Mr Chan Kia Pheng, a partner at KhattarWong.

The Straits Times understands the dispute is in two parts. The first pertains to Volkswagen becoming its own importer here in 2005, relegating Car & Cars to the role of dealer. The second was when the German company took over the entire retail business from Car & Cars in 2007.

The turn of events came soon after Car & Cars completed a $25 million showroom, which Mr Kwee described as "a long-term commitment" to grow the VW brand.

Mr Kwee said Volkswagen "did not fulfil their side of the bargain".

"They lured me into giving up the importership," he said.

His unhappiness revolves around an undisclosed sum of compensation that he said VW was supposed to pay Car & Cars.

Mr Kwee said the German car manufacturer dragged its feet, and that "the spirit of the settlement is not there".

Volkswagen Group Singapore managing director Olaf Duebel had said that the split with Car & Cars was "very complex" and that its due diligence had taken longer than expected.

Later, it contended that Mr Kwee did not provide details such as his bank account number.

Mr Kwee, who secured the Volkswagen franchise in 1999, dismissed Volkswagen's claims.

"I have e-mail proof that I gave my bank account number. Also, they can always pay me in cash," he had said in an earlier interview.

When VW finally got to sending a cheque, Mr Kwee rejected it, saying the payment breached an agreed deadline.

About six months ago, through Rodyk & Davidson, he sent letters of demand to both Volkswagen Group Singapore and its parent group Volkswagen AG.

He is said to be seeking an "eight-figure sum" in compensation.

Mr Duebel of Volkswagen Group Singapore was not contactable yesterday. His office said he is on holiday in Bali and would not have e-mail access.

Legal battles between local motor agents and car manufacturers are rare. One notable case was between former Cadillac representative Top Marques and General Motors. Top Marques, helmed by businessman Derek McCully, contested a franchise termination notice and sought compensation back in 2002.

The court ruled in favour of GM.

Claimed an "8-figure sum" :blink:

Edited by Luvalive

Showroom investment 25,000,000 already 8 figure sum liao.

You are probably right on that. [:p] Wah don't know what's the outcome on this hor? Must be private settlement.

Seat make good looking cars recently. Seat sales actually increase while most car maker strink in Europe.

Seat-Leon-SC-19-fotoshowImageNew-3bc7b2da-659711.jpg

Yes Yes!! Bring in the Ateca & Alhambra 20th Anniversary quickly and give VW a hard kick on the butt for pricing their "People's car" as premium... [bounce2]  [bounce2]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5