Remote key issue

Suhaimiebrahim

Hi all bros,

Recently face problem to open car door in the morning after overnight parking.

Need about 3 to 4 mins repeated pressing on the remote to activate the door.

Only happen in the morning and after that no issue.

Is this sign of weak car battery? Last replace was September 2013.

Did replace remote battery but not effective.

Do advice  :a-SOS:  :a-SOS:  :a-SOS:

↡ Advertisement

Hi all bros,

Recently face problem to open car door in the morning after overnight parking.

Need about 3 to 4 mins repeated pressing on the remote to activate the door.

Only happen in the morning and after that no issue.

Is this sign of weak car battery? Last replace was September 2013.

Did replace remote battery but not effective.

Do advice  :a-SOS:  :a-SOS:  :a-SOS:

Not sure you getting the same brand of the battery, mine battery both same rating can range between $2.50 and $7.00 (original)

The signal also varies been the original more lasting and sensitive and both are popular branded.

If you have a 2nd remote,try it.. Could be button not sensitive anymore.. Happen to me.. So I opened it up and stuff a small paper behind the button.

Borrow this thread here.

Has anyone faced such a problem with the car remote:

yesterday went out early afternoon, remote was fine and no hint of problem whatsoever when unlocked to drive off.

When reached destination, also locked uneventfully and went off. 

Then about an hour later, going back to the car to drive off, remote didn't work when pressed to unlock. Initially i thought standing at blind spot affecting reception, so went to near driver door liao, tried and still cannot.

Paused for about 20 sec, then tried again, and still didn't work. Repeated 3 times, no difference, and started to worry... wondered whether is it car batt suddenly flat till cannot even unlock.  [bigcry]

Then i used the key to unlock manually. As my car got no alarm, nothing (in terms of noise/sound) went off. I managed to start the car without any problem, fortunately.

Reaching home, i used the key to manually lock, worried that it'll lock and cannot be unlocked again if i used the remote...

This morning, took spare remote and tried, it worked. Then i used back the original remote, and strangely it also worked. Tried it few times, and it worked as per normal. Just now went out lunch also worked...

Now i'm curious what could have caused it not to work yesterday.

Anyone has any clues what could have happened?

Usually when something like that happen your culprit is the wiring for the remote key itself. It may be loose or shorted. It can be the remote key buttons itself too. The buttons for unlock, lock or start may be stuck or the rubber underneath the buttons are mis-allign.

↡ Advertisement