2016 Apr, 2nd COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

only reason to go is to kill time. hey sportage not cheap c.f. jap equivalents ... resale probably cannot get buyers or kenna chop by 2nd hand dealers because interest and demand in second handed kimchi will not be there..

10 years warranty limited to engine only  not all the rest of the car components but since when is engine going to be any problem in a reasonably good brand car?

That's why when people chiong car show, I chiong showroom... I remember last car show weekend, I tested kadjar at showroom....... Hehehe

Only reason I might go to car show is to view civic... If have sportage , I will go for sure..... Let's see.. I don't like crowded places....

Edited by EricChan
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Looking at yoyo table, (I am no analyst, just sharing my observation)

Assuming bid = real demand with buyer signed up n car priced at this range of COE value (minus those that try luck) cat A is still strong at ~3.5k vs the COE 2k odd, $45k support level is still there.

Cat B bidder see the progress downward trend for last 3 bid after the spike with $38k COE, so the price should soften with anticipation of 21% jump in supply for May-Jul Q. My Guess $42k.

Turbocharged

Looking at yoyo table, (I am no analyst, just sharing my observation)

Assuming bid = real demand with buyer signed up n car priced at this range of COE value (minus those that try luck) cat A is still strong at ~3.5k vs the COE 2k odd, $45k support level is still there.

Cat B bidder see the progress downward trend for last 3 bid after the spike with $38k COE, so the price should soften with anticipation of 21% jump in supply for May-Jul Q. My Guess $42k.

Bro, u have just made bro fruit tart Low kwee

800 bids at once ? Über no brain ? They should spread the bid over the few times . The bottom line whether all this bids got fully fulfill or not ?

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/ubers-expansion-drive-changes-the-game-for-cars

Read the newspaper report carefully lar...

They put 800 bids for the last round ONLY....

All-In-All...they are going to bid for 1,800 COE.

Turbocharged

only reason to go is to kill time. hey sportage not cheap c.f. jap equivalents ... resale probably cannot get buyers or kenna chop by 2nd hand dealers because interest and demand in second handed kimchi will not be there..

10 years warranty limited to engine only not all the rest of the car components but since when is engine going to be any problem in a reasonably good brand car?

Got nice candies? The show Edited by BenTong

Turbocharged

Not this free show . No race queens

Haizz... Any accessories deals worth mentioning? Am nearby Cycling.. Maybe go look see look see

Haizz... Any accessories deals worth mentioning? Am nearby Cycling.. Maybe go look see look see

Zitch , nothing , zero but drop in anyway Edited by EricChan

Hypersonic

Bro, u have just made bro fruit tart Low kwee

Er .... did you get correctly? I though she said Xiaomei

Hypersonic

This round COE not sure how's the market out there. A lot waiting by the side - wait and see. May it be fewer bids for higher quota? ð± Price drop this round??!!

In the news that Uber and Grab are coming in. How sure a lot waiting by the side - wait and see. Going by the amount of COE quota in thousands, a lot waiting would mean thousands too, otherwise how to impact the COE prices. My thought.

This UBER, already bought a lot of old cars which caused delays of COEs release back to the market, upsetting the recycling of COE.

Now, they even want to vie with the public for new COEs.

This is too much............

But we lan lan.. If the government doesn't do anything, what can we do?

• Praise 1

That's why when people chiong car show, I chiong showroom... I remember last car show weekend, I tested kadjar at showroom....... Hehehe

Only reason I might go to car show is to view civic... If have sportage , I will go for sure..... Let's see.. I don't like crowded places....

normally showroom offer same package as car show during this period.

This UBER, already bought a lot of old cars which caused delays of COEs release back to the market, upsetting the recycling of COE.

what do to election over liao ....

I think there is a need.  I already seen a few friends driving uber lor.  They are all property agents in this case.

Not much sale, drive uber.  When need to see/visit drive as a car.  Very nice fit.

• Praise 1

It is not rumour, our Temasek Holdings invested 400M in Uber lor ..... that why they become so bold to buy 800 new cars in 1 go.

...where is the source that ah gong invested 400m in uber...tq
  • Praise 1

Based on the latest developments, it seems that CAT A COE premiums might potentially hover higher than CAT B COE premiums due to the following reasons ^_^ :

1. Fewer de-registrations = fewer COE being recycled for future bidding exercises - given than existing CAT A car owners are typically in the low-middle to middle-income brackets, more would opt for the more affordable option of renewing their COE for another 5/10 years in view of the current economic climate

2.  Demand from car-sharing companies: To gain market share rapidly, these companies will focus on acquiring cheaper cars (e.g. CAT A) which then can be rented out at more competitive rates 

3. Downgrading demand: Business owners and  executives facing a drop in remuneration income but still want to drive a reasonably high-class car might wish to settle for a CAT A continental car such as Audi A3, BMW 1 series

My two cents worth

Cheers

↡ Advertisement