2016 Apr, 2nd COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

Does anyone know are uber going to just buy 800 new cars or they gonna keep buying? Or once they get the 800 car they will stop?

↡ Advertisement

Can la. At that time when COE is "Low" get a guaranteed COE. Or alternatively get Super high margin margue or get Low demand car like outback.. And pray...ðð

Yeah man...that's what I did too. Buy when low price then secure with guaranteed COE. Then no need to neck long long every 2 Wednesdays. Just wait for SE to call for car collection. :)

Turbocharged

Yeah man...that's what I did too. Buy when low price then secure with guaranteed COE. Then no need to neck long long every 2 Wednesdays. Just wait for SE to call for car collection. :)

Uncle gambled Hee Hee go for non g . Further discount. Heng ah got last bid. Phew.!!!

Uncle gambled Hee Hee go for non g . Further discount. Heng ah got last bid. Phew.!!!

Was tempted to get the NG too...but old car already sold. And seeing the super high demand for the car and anticipating the Cat B COE to rebound upwards, decided to give up the additional discount for peace of mind from monitoring the COE.

Hope to see your Outback on the roads soon! Always happy to see another Subaru. :)

Anyway, hope those who have been waiting for their COE managed to get theirs today.

Edited by razor54
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Was tempted to get the NG too...but old car already sold. And seeing the super high demand for the car and anticipating the Cat B COE to rebound upwards, decided to give up the additional discount for peace of mind from monitoring the COE.

Anyway, hope those who have been waiting for their COE managed to get theirs today.

good good enjoy ride..

Supply of COE grows and fixed. Prices go up and down not caused by demand but by the timing perception of demand

It's funny how few months ago some people were laughing at those whom bought COEs at 45k-50k because they were so Sure that COEs will drop then came the news about uber and grab car

• Praise 3

good good enjoy ride..

Supply of COE grows and fixed. Prices go up and down not caused by demand but by the timing perception of demand

When I saw the price of my target car going down to a level I've never seen before for the past 5 years, I jumped on it...hahaha. and never looked back. Now enjoying every drive with a slight grin. Everytime.
  • Praise 1

You will never know what may come tomorrow to upset predictions either way.

Nobody knows who will have the last laugh.

Anyway, Uber & Grab car factor is temporary.

Those who need a car urgently just buy and those who don't just wait. Dont see why there has to be two camps mocking each other. Last laugh is always reserved for salespeople and Govt, we don't have to fight for it la.

• Praise 5

You will never know what may come tomorrow to upset predictions either way.

Nobody knows who will have the last laugh.

Anyway, Uber & Grab car factor is temporary.

Yes I agree, but isn't it mean to laugh at those whom bought at those slightly higher Coe

Correct me if I am wrong, as many discuss in here, yes when the AD drop their price when the COE drop, people like me go in, than the next few round the COE go up, but this got nothing to do with me, as I have brought the car at low price, so it doesn't matter to me how the COE goes, as long as the AD reduce the car price, we no need to care.

This is the case in FEB when the COE hit the low, all AD reduce price, all rush in to buy at low price, AD got alot of order and backlog, these few round they clear their backlog, COE go up. Then the cycle repeat itself. My advise to all is, what we want is to get the car at the lowest price as possible, so we wait for the cycle to repeat than go in, we will get the good offer, I am waiting for the next cycle. So I don't think they will get alot of order in the car show unless they reduce the car price, the order will grow only when the price is attractive.

Hindsight is 6/6. Like stock market, when price drop, people panic and worry that it may drop more. 38K may drop to 28K, you won't know the bottom until the price turns upwards.

(Anyway I bought guaranteed COE during 38K week, and got my ride. On hindsight, I should have gotten non-guaranteed like some of the Subaru brothers)

If coe $10K, lim peh will self bid for myself and spouse and buy 2 more cars  then sell them for profits within 6 months after shiok shiok driving,

Edited by EricChan

Seems like the light at end of tunnel getting further again.. Don't know when can see daylight..seems like cheap Coe is just so far far away.

Turbocharged

Err, just curious, where the so call 800+300 paper uber and SMRT needed huh?? If spread among cat-a,B,e only cat B got slight increase in bidders , cat a and e drop in bidders.... If without uber+SMRT, won't the number of bidder drop a lot?...

↡ Advertisement