Kia Cerato Variant 2 persistent overheating issue

Zexel

Dear TS/Everybody

I have been reading this forum but did not contribute due to conflict interest. 

I have decided to contribute because I have seen many misinformed advises which will not help you at all or rather make it worst for you. 

I am from a automotive workshop but rest assured that I am not here to sell you anything.

I am here to advise you on your over-heating issues.

Firstly, water leaking from coolant to head gasket will not cause much white smoke from your exhaust. Instead, your water will be contaminated with oil from the engine oil.

Secondly, since you said that water has missing from your radiator, there must be a leak somewhere. Workshops will normally use a pressure pump to determine the leakage point. Small leaks are not visible to our naked eye.

However, you said that moving off will result in dropping temperature means that outside air is helping you to cool your radiator. One possibility is weak fan (although your fan is spinning but not spinning at the correct speed). 

Air-con compressor wiring will not cause the water to leak.

For air bubble wise, even with bubble, your car will not over-heat or leak. It is just that thermal efficiency is reduced. 

Thirdly, new parts may be faulty as workshops do no manufacture these parts. There are no ways to test these new parts before fitting them. I hope you understand this point as there are too many cases of new parts being faulty when it is 'brand new'.

Lastly, I personally feel that there are no real professional mechanic will post on google to teach people on repairing their vehicle as it is considered as a trade secret.

Please take google reading as a pinch of salt but then, it is up to individual :)

What I have posted is just an advise from my work experience.

Cheers and I hope you settle your car asap because the current weather is very very warm!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Dear TS/Everybody

I have been reading this forum but did not contribute due to conflict interest. 

I have decided to contribute because I have seen many misinformed advises which will not help you at all or rather make it worst for you. 

I am from a automotive workshop but rest assured that I am not here to sell you anything.

I am here to advise you on your over-heating issues.

Firstly, water leaking from coolant to head gasket will not cause much white smoke from your exhaust. Instead, your water will be contaminated with oil from the engine oil.

Secondly, since you said that water has missing from your radiator, there must be a leak somewhere. Workshops will normally use a pressure pump to determine the leakage point. Small leaks are not visible to our naked eye.

However, you said that moving off will result in dropping temperature means that outside air is helping you to cool your radiator. One possibility is weak fan (although your fan is spinning but not spinning at the correct speed). 

Air-con compressor wiring will not cause the water to leak.

For air bubble wise, even with bubble, your car will not over-heat or leak. It is just that thermal efficiency is reduced. 

Thirdly, new parts may be faulty as workshops do no manufacture these parts. There are no ways to test these new parts before fitting them. I hope you understand this point as there are too many cases of new parts being faulty when it is 'brand new'.

Lastly, I personally feel that there are no real professional mechanic will post on google to teach people on repairing their vehicle as it is considered as a trade secret.

Please take google reading as a pinch of salt but then, it is up to individual :)

What I have posted is just an advise from my work experience.

Cheers and I hope you settle your car asap because the current weather is very very warm!

U post so much, also same as us, just guessing what the problem might be. Nobody here would know what the actual problem is because we did not physically diagnose it.

All of us here, including u are just giving TS some probable faults it might be.

thanks for ur advise, my car currently had no thermostat, and radiator cap is new as i change to a new radiator as well. everything is original from kia.

my car only have one fan!

not advisable not to have thermostat... as someone suggested check ur fan relay and ur fan motor if is only one could be a step up fan motor setup. possible your fan temperature sensor faulty .

U post so much, also same as us, just guessing what the problem might be. Nobody here would know what the actual problem is because we did not physically diagnose it.

All of us here, including u are just giving TS some probable faults it might be.

Hi Adrianli, forum is always open for sharing. Yes, you are right that we are guessing because we did not physically diagnose it and the more we should not give wrong/misled information to others.

What up with the hostile tone? I am sorry if my post has offended you but I am here to give my constructive view. Perhaps a little kinder words from you and the motoring community can benefit from each other. Cheers!

• Praise 1

Hi Adrianli, forum is always open for sharing. Yes, you are right that we are guessing because we did not physically diagnose it and the more we should not give wrong/misled information to others.

What up with the hostile tone? I am sorry if my post has offended you but I am here to give my constructive view. Perhaps a little kinder words from you and the motoring community can benefit from each other. Cheers!

Me not hostile lah. [laugh] Loosen up lah. :XD:

I am just saying. None of us will be able to give TS a correct or proper diagnosis.

• Praise 2

Me not hostile lah. [laugh] Loosen up lah. :XD:

I am just saying. None of us will be able to give TS a correct or proper diagnosis.

thanks both for ur valuable insight!

No worries bro, maybe it was a misunderstanding.

I am always puzzled when my customers tell me they say " forumers say this and that then plus google this and that".

Personally, I will feel that leave it to the professional and trust your professional in dealing with your vehicle.

TS should seek for a second opinion(obviously not me because I am not doing business here) likewise, different doctors will have different diagnoses. Seek another opinion if you feel that you have lost hope in your current mech.

Cheers!

yes yes fan working :(

it creeps up when i idle the car, after maybe 20 to 30mins of driving.

the water is actually bubbling, or rather foaming out gently.. before change it is worse.

Belt just changed too, seems to run fine, no sound, running smoothly.

sian..

Just noticed you mentioned foaming before change, that doesnt sound good, meaning either gasket broke or head bent, need to overhaul.

Simple test warm the engine till normal temperature, off it and open the radiator cap, open halfway first to release pressure before take off completely. Once its off top off the coolant till overfill, and start the engine. If the water burst out confirm cyl head issue.

Hi All,

i had recently purchased a 'new' 08 kia cerato variant 2, intending it to service my needs of ferrying my family and kiddo around.

Everything seems well and fine, until i went for a fan belt, water pump change 2 weeks later, as i want the car to be in perfect running condition.

After the change, things starts going haywire.. the car temperature gauge starts to creep up past 1/2 point mark, till 3/4 to 'Hot'.

This happened when i drove the car for some time (30 mins or so?) and when the car is idling either from traffic lights, or parked in the parking lot.

Rev-ing the car in neutral, or moving off will result in temperature dropping.

Fan is spinning when aircon is on, fan is spinning when aircon is off as well, hence mech said its isnt the issue.

Went back to garage the next day, was advised to changed out radiator and refresh a few hoses, as the radiator were kinda chocked with, and it even choked several hoses as well. Thermostat had been removed as well -.-

Sadly, after doing all the changes, the issue still persist.

Noticed during the testing of car after installation done, air bubbles were present in the coolant reserve tank. Mech said most likely head gasket is gone as well.

Curious any bro or sis or gurus had any similar experiences on this? how much roughly will the repair cost be this time? Sigh :/

Thanks!

U just purchase?

Bring back to ur dealer. Bang their table. Normally got 6 months warranty for used cars

U just purchase?

Bring back to ur dealer. Bang their table. Normally got 6 months warranty for used cars

I dont think warranty works this way.

He got his own mechanic to open up the engine and replace water pump. Now got problem, which no one yet to determine the problem, wana claim warranty? Once ownself open, warranty void liao. Please do not abuse warranty clause hor.

• Praise 1

I dont think warranty works this way.

He got his own mechanic to open up the engine and replace water pump. Now got problem, which no one yet to determine the problem, wana claim warranty? Once ownself open, warranty void liao. Please do not abuse warranty clause hor.

I see.

In beginning he should bring back to SE. Now got two choice, one continues to bleed or stop the bleeding

Neutral Newbie

So is this common issue for cerato V2..   Im abt to take over my friend's friend car , 2008 model with 10 yrs Coe renewed..

Jialut..  Should i buy or should I not.   2008 model is different with 2009 model right...  One name V2 and the newer one call forte.. Tiok boh ?

Any difference huh ...  Pls advise me lei...    Price V cheap wor,,   just that I scare cannot find spare parts for the old model

mostly scrapped already i guess. mostly on the road is the forte. V2 is hardly seen on the road nowadays. many renewed coe for forte though.

my advise ito move on and get other cars if your budget permits.

Neutral Newbie
8 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

mostly scrapped already i guess. mostly on the road is the forte. V2 is hardly seen on the road nowadays. many renewed coe for forte though.

my advise ito move on and get other cars if your budget permits.

I guess so... mostly  scrap already..

But i wonder if I buy the old model.( really cheap sia ) .   

spare parts still can find anot...? engine same sas forte ?

↡ Advertisement