Transporting electrical appliances to Malaysia

Bluepica

Hi,

Anyone got lobang to transport and old fridge and split Aircon to KL? Too waste to throw it away, want to give it to my relatives back in kl...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Bro,

Your spirit is commendable, however logistics is a challenge, not to mention cost, import GST (if any), and environmental friendliness of transporting from Singapore to KL is also probably not the best.

May I suggest you considering to donate it to one of the needy families in Singapore? There are many websites which connect such donors.

功德无量。

• Praise 9

The transportation costs is enough to buy a new set in MY.

Hi,
Anyone got lobang to transport and old fridge and split Aircon to KL? Too waste to throw it away, want to give it to my relatives back in kl...

• Praise 3

u know believe? u no like the truths? [laugh]

Try asking for a quotation from the trucking cos. Land transportation is jin expensive one.

I remembered my previous senior expat manager requesting the same thing also. Sibei sianz one... They just couldn't understand and trying to blow their own trumpets, trying to show how much they care about cost cutting, etc... asking about sending custom made conference room table to move from SG to KL. KNNCCB... Wasting everybody's time to do lanjio kang.....

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Rent or borrow a privately registered van (those Mercedes Vito types), then drive up yourself.

msian kastoms sure kachao one.

• Praise 3

Rent or borrow a privately registered van (those Mercedes Vito types), then drive up yourself.

Would not advice you to do that as its a risk - they may say this is a goods vehicle and then all the problems will start as goods vehicles G or Y plate need to be registered in JPJ ( whatever it means) better if you just take in your personal S plate car if the unit is not so big and just pay the customs duty and let them acess it ; hopefully if they are kind enuff they might let you go in free of any tax

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Sin to kl should be estimate 250+ exclude GST for LCL.

You need to include THC at both ends, EDI, transportation to/fro ports.

This 1 confirm can buy a new fridge in Singapore

Ppl are like that one. "Eat rice but dunno the price of rice".

When they go buy it themselves they will realised there are so many choices and so many prices. The details and procedure to cook the rice and the work....Eating the rice is so easy. You pay ppl to supply the rice and cook it for you to eat...of course there's a price.

Same thing with TS. Suggesting the idea is pretty easy but when it comes to doing it there are plenty to consider.

So before TS want to "eat rice" make sure find out the details before suggesting it.

• Praise 1

Maybe ask the Malaysian relatives to source for their local transport company to quote. MY-SIN-MY

Maybe...just maybe might be cheaper....

Edited by Vratenza

hehe I also thinking to give my old lcd tv to my in-laws in Malaysia when I drive in.  but worry that I suay suay kena check.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1