2016 May, 1st COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

Look at Kah motor and Borneo rebate level. Both companies set so high.

My thought. Coe will be supported.

I am unable to comment on BM , but KM sells only Odyssey, and their margin for odyssey is easily 35k per car, so they will set high rebate to entice buyers , as long as they secure coe, they will make good profit , the rest of small rebate can be returned to buyers
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I am unable to comment on BM , but KM sells only Odyssey, and their margin for odyssey is easily 35k per car, so they will set high rebate to entice buyers , as long as they secure coe, they will make good profit , the rest of small rebate can be returned to buyers

That is only yr speculation but not proven right?

Based on factual, the coe result always higher than their rebate level, except exceptional case e.g when coe suddenly drop to 38k

Edited by Axela72
  • Praise 1

Look at the number of bids in the last few exercises. Chances of a surprise drop are pretty low. I say it won't move much from last exercise, maybe +- 3k.

Cat E bidding will be interesting though due to the carried over quota...

• Praise 2

Look at the number of bids in the last few exercises. Chances of a surprise drop are pretty low. I say it won't move much from last exercise, maybe +- 3k.

Cat E bidding will be interesting though due to the carried over quota...

What about CAT B ? 20% increase ! CAT A might over take CAT B or on par .
  • Praise 1

1400 car sales at last week Carexpo.

The odds are not good for a lower coe.  never mind a fluke $10k

Edited by EricChan
  • Praise 1

The odds are not good for a lower coe. never mind a fluke $10k

Where did you get this ?so far not in news and newspaper . Edited by Char
  • Praise 1

Where did you get this ?so far not in news and newspaper .

Only the one handling the redemption of petrol voucher will know. Tsk tsk... btw for those who bought during EXPO, I just received the free 3 mth torque magazine.

Turbocharged

Only the one handling the redemption of petrol voucher will know. Tsk tsk... btw for those who bought during EXPO, I just received the free 3 mth torque magazine.

Uncle lao ah Pek also can see in today's Strait Times. Headline big big
  • Praise 2

Uncle lao ah Pek also can see in today's Strait Times. Headline big bigð±ð±ð±ð±. Just Kacau la.. It's in the of the supplement to the strait today..

HK liao lor.... nx bidding. My SE still tell me dun waste $ to top up to guaranteed coz its cycle n carriage, they are the biggest players.

Turbocharged

The odds are not good for a lower coe. never mind a fluke $10k

Good point bro. With this influx of orders plus existing orders.. The increase in quota for this quarter looks like not going to do much to lower the COE price.

In all likelihood cat A will go up. And cat B will naturally converge or above.

Looking at average $50K COE this quarter

Lol... actually I didnt really go dig his posts till after he quoted my post suspecting hes a dealer. Coz I've been seeing his posts trying to spread fears over COE increase repeatedly.

Chill. Come on market forces not determined by one forum here...people can brag all the way n the effect on Coe will be negligible. People have brains and can decide what's best for themselves.

Coe if remain high are determined by market forces and there's reality of life. There's no need to say up or down. Buy within your means and everybody happy.:)

Demand vs supply ...

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

HK liao lor.... nx bidding. My SE still tell me dun waste $ to top up to guaranteed coz its cycle n carriage, they are the biggest players.

Depends wat car u booked from C&C. Still can if you booked a Merz.. Coz per car damn big big big big margin.
  • Praise 2

Quota increased by so many

Quota for cat A only increase about 100+, this coming bid quota only 2218,but pass few bidding all over 3k bids, once even almost hit 4k bids, demand for nework cars very strong
  • Praise 2

Chill. Come on market forces not determined by one forum here...people can brag all the way n the effect on Coe will be negligible. People have brains and can decide what's best for themselves.

Coe if remain high are determined by market forces and there's reality of life. There's no need to say up or down. Buy within your means and everybody happy.:)

Demand vs supply ...

Past years history have already proven every years the coe value is dropped by about 15k for each following year, minus away the noise. It is those that couldnt afford or not willing to pay that keep hopng there is miracle like crisis to drop even further. If based on norm, this year lowest coe value will be around 35k to 40k (assuming lowest for last yr is 50k w/o noise) unless intervention come in
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2