2016 May, 1st COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

1st Gear

My feel of the results is this. Inspite of all the Uber fears and 'panic' buying and Car show, looks like demand is weak relative to supply. We should see $40k coe very soon.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Please vote SDP to bring the prices of COE down. :)

sure or not, I don't mind COE up or down, who can give me pleasure driving condition I vote whom,  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

with more COEs still prices of COE went up, goes to show Uber n Grab are going for the COEs with general car owners.

Not a good sign for the general public.

You are right. But this is the scenario which LTA is hopping for.coe quota increase, yet prices keep increasing

羊毛出在羊身上。 [crazy]

And yet there are ministers saying that COE and car price do not affect the general public, as long as we don't buy car?! :pissed-off:

if ministers willing give up driving 1st, I will too :D

• Praise 2

My feel of the results is this. Inspite of all the Uber fears and 'panic' buying and Car show, looks like demand is weak relative to supply. We should see $40k coe very soon.

Stop kidding yourself

with more COEs still prices of COE went up, goes to show Uber n Grab are going for the COEs with general car owners.

Not a good sign for the general public.

Definitely not a good sign. How a peasant(Even you are a millionaire) compete with billionaire? Like I said earlier, they are manipulating the market, hopefully everyone will go and rent cars from them since COE is out of reach. So who win? Only 2 entities, Uber and govt.

Let's just pray that Uber will be oversaturated and driving Uber no longer viable. Big sticker on the car to deter those want face value but no money own car type to be weed out and also, same guiding principle for Uber and taxis.

Why u say that when prices have gone north for the last 4 rounds or so?

Based on that it would appear a sub 40k would be really hard and likely hover around 45k in the near future?

Turbocharged

Lol is this a joke? Honestly I expected Cat E to go tumbling down, given the artificially increased quota from 400+ to 700+. It defied logic by staying the same.

40k+ looks like the new norm so far.

• Praise 1

With extra coe this bidding but coe still up, you think those on the sideline won't rush in already meh, they wait so long for this bidding to see if drop or up. If drop most likely they will wait on, but now it's up, so they sure panic.

5th Gear

This is what pirate hire company want COE stay high and force those rent car from them.

With extra coe this bidding but coe still up, you think those on the sideline won't rush in already meh, they wait so long for this bidding to see if drop or up. If drop most likely they will wait on, but now it's up, so they sure panic.

Sure got some panic and some not ... Definitely affected those sideline mood ...

As long as there are buyers who sign on the car purchase contract at prices that support the current COE levels, COE wun drop. The AD or PI will die die wanna get the COE to conclude the sale and earn the profit. Only way for COE to drop is for ppl to give up cars or reject the current prices and thats not going to happen. More and more singaporeans are doing well and can afford to support the high coe price.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Let all rush in , panicky buyers, Uber etc but sooner or later will get exhausted with the supply still increasing. Then prices will start coming down again. Repeated so many times before and same scenario will play out again. No choice if you cannot wait but if can wait till end of this year or early next year, you should see below $40k prices in both Cat A/B. Uber /Grab car will be forgotten by then, as it is not money is falling from the sky for them or demand for such cars is so high.

Edited by Nav14

even a silly also know it is bulls**t that talk about "lite car society" without shrinking COE quota, 

since I spent 100k over bought a car, you want me to leave the car at carpark to take bus/MRT or walk, kidding bloh :a-t2622:  :a-t2622:

• Praise 1

(edited)

I can tell you what I saw.

About 1000 bids at cat A in this round at $37k were unsuccessful . If I take away from the next fortnight bid of 2200 available cat A Coe and assuming that the number of revision of price in that 1000 unsuccessful bids were insignificant (each of those comprised of one bidder) , it means that only 1200 cat A remains available in the next round.

For cat B , the unsuccessful was 800 bids at $38k meaning only 600 cat B remains.

It is likely not the case therefore that Coe price will be markedly lower next round given the high number of unfulfilled bids at the $37 k support level.

Edited by EricChan
  • Praise 4

It's funny that I always see people saying those scrap car already most won't be buying because now buy new car must down payment 50%, seriously those people who say that, don't know that lots of PI offerring just 10% down payment and in house loan ?

I can tell you what I saw.

About 1000 bids at cat A in this round at $37k were unsuccessful . If I take away from the next fortnight bid of 2200 available cat A Coe and assuming that the number of revision of price in that 1000 unsuccessful bids were insignificant (each of those comprised of one bidder) , it means that only 1200 cat A remains available in the next round.

For cat B , the unsuccessful was 800 bids at $38k meaning only 400 cat B remains.

It is likely not the case therefore that Coe price will be markedly lower next round given the high number of unfulfilled bids at the $37 k matk

Yeah. But i did expect much more bids. Maybe the ad and the pi not bidding for most of their expo sales yet.
↡ Advertisement