Woman dies of asthma attack in her car

Yamapi

Supercharged

Seriously how many wld go investigate when they find pple recline bk in their car W engine running on a hot day?

I hv come across many drivers doing that at the open space carpark near my block. N I walked over n knock at their window giving them gentle reminders not to z in their car W windows wind up n engine running. Statistically, 8/10 bochap.

So, it is not surprising to find pple gg abt their own biz.

• Praise 4

Seriously how many wld go investigate when they find pple recline bk in their car W engine running on a hot day?

I hv come across many drivers doing that at the open space carpark near my block. N I walked over n knock at their window giving them gentle reminders not to z in their car W windows wind up n engine running. Statistically, 8/10 bochap.

from 1 June onward, you can call police to summon them :D
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Don't disturb me. I'm usually taking a nap between shifts. But I wind down one of the windows partly to prevent co2 buildup

(edited)

Summon = NEA lah.

Can call police also, just say someone lying inside car motionless (if you want to create tense situation). [:p]

After police come and discovered living human, police cannot summon also. Police will call NEA to summon.

Segregation of duties.

Edited by Kangadrool

6th Gear

So sad.

She just had to pull the door handle, fallen out and help would've come.

So sudden...maybe its heart attack? Asthma still got time.

Btw is that a vezel?

RIP ... yes it is a vezel

Supersonic

It is already on. From 1 June onward, heavier find!

Hypersonic

Don't disturb me. I'm usually taking a nap between shifts. But I wind down one of the windows partly to prevent co2 buildup

I  once woke a taxi driver. But his engine was on,  and I did knock for a while before he responded. Maybe should straight away smash his window.. [laugh]

RIP .....

Wondering what good is a doctor when asthma attacks, unless he has the required equipment or medication with him.

I saw in the movie, the hero use a pen to poke a hole in the guy's neck...  [laugh]  [laugh] . Wonder doc here did it in real lie

So sad.

She just had to pull the door handle, fallen out and help would've come.

So sudden...maybe its heart attack? Asthma still got time.

Btw is that a vezel?

press the horn for 15 seconds will probably enough to get attention [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

press the horn for 15 seconds will probably enough to get attention [sweatdrop]

Yeah, but wrong kind of attention. Instead of getting help, others will simply curse and swear thinking its a crazy driver.

Twincharged

RIP .....

Wondering what good is a doctor when asthma attacks, unless he has the required equipment or medication with him.

Those who have met me know where I work and my profession. Anyway, in such a scenario where someone gets an asthma attack suddenly in your home, a party or wherever and the person has no medications or did not bring.

1). Get medical help immediately. As a lay person, it is not the time to think if not serious no need to call for ambulance because the person is now breathless and he does not have any medications. This problem can get worse quickly very fast. You can approach any GP clinic. If no one is around, call 995.

2). If you call 995, be calm, state your problem and most importantly, your location. Postal code is very useful especially if you know the block but don't know the exact street. If you are at the road side and there is a bus stop nearby, you can go to the bus stop and read out the 5 digit number on top of the bus stop sign. It will read xxxxx and below will be the number of the bus services that will stop at the bus stop. The xxxxx number is unique and the will help immensly in giving your location as opposed to middle of Thomson road near prata stall.

3). Stay with the person. Help him breathe by sittibg him up unless contraindicated until the ambulance arrives. There is a chance it might get worse and the person collapses. Then you might need to do CPR. Please call 995 again if that happens to update.

4). IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO CPR, YOU CAN BE GUIDED OVER THE PHONE. Most importantly, do not panic and use a handphone to call because the phone will need to be in loudspeaker mode so that you can use both hands and yet communicate with 995.

I put the first point of 4 in caps because this instruction can apply to other scenarios also which I will not go into here.

• Praise 9

Add on to your post.

If no bus stop number available and unable to identify road name, give lamp post number.

Those who have met me know where I work and my profession. Anyway, in such a scenario where someone gets an asthma attack suddenly in your home, a party or wherever and the person has no medications or did not bring.

1). Get medical help immediately. As a lay person, it is not the time to think if not serious no need to call for ambulance because the person is now breathless and he does not have any medications. This problem can get worse quickly very fast. You can approach any GP clinic. If no one is around, call 995.

2). If you call 995, be calm, state your problem and most importantly, your location. Postal code is very useful especially if you know the block but don't know the exact street. If you are at the road side and there is a bus stop nearby, you can go to the bus stop and read out the 5 digit number on top of the bus stop sign. It will read xxxxx and below will be the number of the bus services that will stop at the bus stop. The xxxxx number is unique and the will help immensly in giving your location as opposed to middle of Thomson road near prata stall.

3). Stay with the person. Help him breathe by sittibg him up unless contraindicated until the ambulance arrives. There is a chance it might get worse and the person collapses. Then you might need to do CPR. Please call 995 again if that happens to update.

4). IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO CPR, YOU CAN BE GUIDED OVER THE PHONE. Most importantly, do not panic and use a handphone to call because the phone will need to be in loudspeaker mode so that you can use both hands and yet communicate with 995.

I put the first point of 4 in caps because this instruction can apply to other scenarios also which I will not go into here.

• Praise 4

I think I am those rare few that will bother to check out idling car with personnel inside. But I hardly knock on their window, as I will observed for a short while (probably 3 - 5 min) to see if they move at all.

There was once I saw a guy still in his car after my lunch (I noted him when I parked my car, and about an hour later when I came back to the carpark, he is still in it), so immediately go over to knock on his window, but gotten a stare of anger instead. However I am not angry at all, as I rather get that kind of stare than to see him in paper the next day...

• Praise 10

Hypersonic

I once woke a taxi driver. But his engine was on, and I did knock for a while before he responded. Maybe should straight away smash his window.. [laugh]

I saw in the movie, the hero use a pen to poke a hole in the guy's neck... [laugh][laugh] . Wonder doc here did it in real lie

Interestingly I read some recent article whereby they got 10 normal people (police officers etc) to do this on cadavers. Only about 3 succeeded with much trying and collateral damage to the trachea.

This is usually done in theater by ENT. I've never done one before. And I doubt any of my non ENT friends have done before.

• Praise 1