Light clattering clicking sound when accelerating

Deckbuild

Hi all, anyone experience light clicking or clattering sound in their auto car when during light acceleration?

The sound is very much like a manual car accelerating and upshift of gear when the speed for that gear have not been attained.

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

Not engine mount and not knocking. Engine mount gave way will give bad vibration. Car can run at very low octane.

Prius C

No error code. Need to get it checked soon. Thanks for all the reply, more input welcome.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Not engine mount and not knocking. Engine mount gave way will give bad vibration. Car can run at very low octane.

Prius C

No error code. Need to get it checked soon. Thanks for all the reply, more input welcome.

bro, was the sound like those much older cars, when accel, have a valve clatter or some similar sounds.?

that said, mayb u can rev harder so gear will kickdown, or was it becos gear not decisive anymore / enuf?

• Praise 2

Those that drive manual should know how it sound like, when you upshift at too low rpm, you will experience this clattering or clicking sound.

bro, was the sound like those much older cars, when accel, have a valve clatter or some similar sounds.?

that said, mayb u can rev harder so gear will kickdown, or was it becos gear not decisive anymore / enuf?

Bro, car running on cvt

The sound quite faint

Supercharged
(edited)

Those that drive manual should know how it sound like, when you upshift at too low rpm, you will experience this clattering or clicking sound.

Bro, car running on cvt

The sound quite faint

ignition timing run or vvt cam? mayb chain need tension? or tensioner? valve clearance? i realized a number of those older cars have such issues..

for my case, only early morning or after few hrs start engine will have clatter for about half a minute..

Edited by Fuelsaver

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi all, anyone experience light clicking or clattering sound in their auto car when during light acceleration?

The sound is very much like a manual car accelerating and upshift of gear when the speed for that gear have not been attained.

how about just drive down to any ws and let them check it for you. If you need a ws to check for you pm me.

Edited by JonLim_137776
  • Praise 1

6th Gear

ignition timing run or vvt cam? mayb chain need tension? or tensioner? valve clearance? i realized a number of those older cars have such issues..

for my case, only early morning or after few hrs start engine will have clatter for about half a minute..

your clatter is timing chain?

• Praise 1

Supercharged

your clatter is timing chain?ad,

mine is still usin timing chain; i suspect my issue was due to valve clearance, wc i dunno any ws, beside AD, that could do it, so i just leave it. anyway, car still smooth n quiet at expressway speeds.

Thanks for all the input, will sent in for a check, anyway still under warranty. Just that no time to go down...

Bro, car running on cvt

The sound quite faint

Huh? That is like the engine is going to stall.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Thanks for all the input, will sent in for a check, anyway still under warranty. Just that no time to go down...

Keep posted bro, interested to learn what may b the cause. Tks

(edited)

I know what you talking about. I also have this. on load high speed but light acceleration pedal. 

It some sort of engine pinging very commonly on Toyota and Hyundai Engine. I try all method but now i using Lucas Fuel treatment to see if it solve the problem. 

But it a combination of many issue that i managed to minimise to a slight rattle till now

My PCSV is jammed creating a vacuum leak, my spark plug losing compression, The next step will to take out the OCV and do a cleanup and test the valve.

The rattle will occur during a VVT timing retard so tml i will connect the OBD to see whether it is true. IF so i will clean up the OCV

Edited by Kippei
  • Praise 2

I know what you talking about. I also have this. on load high speed but light acceleration pedal.

It some sort of engine pinging very commonly on Toyota and Hyundai Engine. I try all method but now i using Lucas Fuel treatment to see if it solve the problem.

But it a combination of many issue that i managed to minimise to a slight rattle till now

My PCSV is jammed creating a vacuum leak, my spark plug losing compression, The next step will to take out the OCV and do a cleanup and test the valve.

The rattle will occur during a VVT timing retard so tml i will connect the OBD to see whether it is true. IF so i will clean up the OCV

Finally someone is like in the same line as me, the sound occur at really low rpm on load.

(edited)

Finally someone is like in the same line as me, the sound occur at really low rpm on load.

Before you go work shop pump 98 to see it is still occurring.

Next buy 2 bottle of Redline SL1 to pour into your fuel tank 1 bottle per full tank. 

Edited by Kippei
↡ Advertisement