Achtung

Turbocharged

Decide if maid stays or go

Just had my soon kueh there

Thanks for the advise bro

If maid stay they pay for her lodging?
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

there's only one reason lor, the boss needs the ka kia to do the shit over the weekend, so that he can present it to his boss on monday.

Sounds very civil service to me

Hypersonic

Sometimes it is really a 1 man job.

I give you an example. I was working in the shipping industry and the vessels are moving 24/7. If there is any issue, whether it is a workday or xmas, also gotta handle it as the day rate of the vessel can be anywhere from 5k to 200k. There are some oil and gas drill rigs with a 1 mil USD day rate (in the past).

But if it is really a 1 man job, my boss won't sit beside me because this kinda problems could be daily/weekly/monthly depending on how suay you are.

Haha I'm assuming that acemundo is a standup guy and won't be complaining about critical work functions that are part and parcel of his job  [:p]

Supercharged

if it was really so critical. The boss should have been either there doing work himself or giving an arm over the shoulder to encourage his employee.

hehe you are right.  helped me to answer @kusje liao.

I mean he was just sitting at home beside his blackberry getting updates from me.  the intermediate boss also at home.  I am the only one working full day on a Saturday till 1140pm.

Supercharged

If it ain't critical then don't have to send on a weekend. If critical and still couldn't complete then well. ..

Supercharged

Sometimes it is really a 1 man job.

I give you an example. I was working in the shipping industry and the vessels are moving 24/7. If there is any issue, whether it is a workday or xmas, also gotta handle it as the day rate of the vessel can be anywhere from 5k to 200k. There are some oil and gas drill rigs with a 1 mil USD day rate (in the past).

But if it is really a 1 man job, my boss won't sit beside me because this kinda problems could be daily/weekly/monthly depending on how suay you are.

my case is it is really not a job 1 man can handle but they chose to put it all into 1 and ignore my predecessor's resignation and my feedback as well.

Supercharged

3 weeks ago, I decided to let my maid go for her first 'off' day after 8 months working with me. Before this off day, it was mutually agreed that we compensate her for not taking off. This time round, I encouraged her to go 'see' the world by allowing off days.

Was supposed to be back at 6 pm. It was 9 pm and no sign of her. I kind of thought she may have lost her way, so I troed calling her mobile but it was off. Then it struck me that she might have ran away. But.... all her belongings were not taken.

Was told to wait 24 hours before lodging a Police report. Informed the agency and no advice given at all. Was speaking to some of my BFFs and they suggested me calling H.O.M.E. Didnt really know what it was so I gave it a try and called. Lo and behold, my maid had conveniently 'checked-in' herself! With that check-in, our friend had also drawn up a list of incredulous accusations! The lady at HOME sarcasticly said that SHE IS SAFE HERE. SHE HAVE THE RIGHT TO STAY HERE INDEFINTELY! I farked her up and asked them why did they not contact me as the employer upon check in as we were worried she got raped or killed somewhere etc. She gave some nonchalant reply as if she cant be bothered.

I did some research and realised this is the same outfit run by some folk called Jolovan Wham that prevents injured foreign workers to be repatriated. I didn't know that they do maids too! What statutory right do they have to keep maids? Why was I not informed as the employer? Who funds them? What if, these maids, are 'chao geng'? Does that mean, they get a free holiday in a chalet doing nothing for an indefinite period of time? Is there a limit in the time they can stay there?

MOM has contacted me regarding the accusations and I will be there on Friday to counter them. Anyone else has any of such experience? Can we repatriate the darn bitch after closure with MOM or MOM has the right to decide?

Any input will be helpful.

p.s. I do not need any flame wars. So keep the sarcasm and accusations to yourself. Thanks.

bro, don't be scared by what the maid did.

the maid said you made her eat expired food.  Well, no hard evidence.

you can counter back by saying that you or family also eat the same expired food as her. So everyone is eating the same food.  Ask the maid to prove what you say is wrong.

you can go by hard evidence. Ask the police to verify whether she has lost or gain weight?  if she gain weight or remain same weight, its a reasonable deduction that she's getting good food and rest. 

Lastly, just offer a one way ticket for her to go back. No need to argue here and there.  You wouldn't want her back, so there is already bad blood between both parties.

Hypersonic
2BDriver, on 05 May 2016 - 1:40 PM, said:

She's holds professional career :a-m1212: and dress :yeah-im-not-drunk: very unique, always tells me why until now she's still unmarried  :secret-laugh:

It's just because good family man [scholar]  are already being chosen by others and she is still waiting patiently for the white horse prince   :a-fun:

very professionally described [thumbsup]   I WANT..................

..........pass

lolx

(edited)

If maid stay they pay for her lodging?

Yes. IIRC about $10-$15 per day. It's like you take leave from work, u still get paid right. Some more the employer is obligated to pay for her air ticket when she goes back! [dizzy]

I've had 7 maids over the course of 10 years. Shortest one is 1 month. Longest is 2 years. Stealing case encountered before, Boyfriend case also have, the previous one ran away and accuse us of abuse. All the patterns seen before. Maybe I really don't have luck with maids [:(]

my opinion is, the lasw is really protective of them. So the only thing to do is make it difficult for them. They want to go back home, send back to agency. They want to stay here, buy air ticket send her back

Edited by Matoonia

Turbocharged

Yes. IIRC about $10-$15 per day. It's like you take leave from work, u still get paid right. Some more the employer is obligated to pay for her air ticket when she goes back! [dizzy]

I've had 7 maids over the course of 10 years. Shortest one is 1 month. Longest is 2 years. Stealing case encountered before, Boyfriend case also have, the previous one ran away and accuse us of abuse. All the patterns seen before. Maybe I really don't have luck with maids [:(]

Then I will force my way to cancel the work permit. Tell Mom to fly kite. Then j will lost in stop straits times, Facebook, TOC. Etc.etc.

Twincharged
(edited)

Maid in Haven - adapted for Bro @Achtung

Could I slap your face

If I saw you in haven?

Would it be a sin

If I slapped you in haven?

I must be strong

And carry on,

'Cause I know you don't belong

Here in haven

Would you smear my name

If I saw you in haven?

Would you clear my name

If I saw you in haven?

I'll find my way

Through night and day

'Cause I know you just can't stay

Here in heaven

We can give you off

We can send you home

You just break our hearts

Cancelling your permit

Begging please

Beyond our door

There's peace, I'm sure

And I know there'll be no more

Maid in haven

Would you smear my name

If I saw you in heaven?

Would it be the same

If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong

And carry on

Here in haven

Here in haven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPj3GAYYZ0

Edited by Showster

(edited)

Score points?

Cho bo lan?

Entertain YOU?

But.. MOM says THEY DECIDE wor.... I surely wanna send her back!

Score points? Edited by Forte3737

Maid in Haven - adapted for Bro @Achtung

Could I slap your face

If I saw you in haven?

Would it be a sin

If I slapped you in haven?

I must be strong

And carry on,

Here in haven

Would you smear my name

If I saw you in haven?

Would you clear my name

If I saw you in haven?

I'll find my way

Through night and day

'Cause I know you just can't stay

Here in heaven

We can give you off

We can send you home

You just break our hearts

Cancelling your permit

Begging please

Beyond our door

There's peace, I'm sure

And I know there'll be no more

Maid in haven

Would you smear my name

If I saw you in heaven?

Would it be the same

If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong

And carry on

Here in haven

Here in haven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPj3GAYYZ0

MCF got talent

to answer you and @kusje

it can seem critical to some but to me this work piles up unnecessarily due to unrealistic demands.  furthermore, note that the next 2 levels of my bosses are all resting at home while I am working my socks off.

ok to give you guys more background, I am accounting person and then working for the marine group of subsidiary belonging to psa who in turn is owned by temasek with many rigid reporting deadlines.  within the first 2 weeks I joined, I can sense the workload is too heavy for this position I am holding and my predecessor also left because of the heavy workload.

this particular scene I cited was when we are working on the budgeting exercise.  a budget may seem important to some but many parts of the budget work are actually unnecessarily piled on by the unrealistic requirements of the various levels of management above me.  for example, budget exercises are important and realistic usually for the P&L portion and for the single year following.  what psa's budgeting exercise requires is budget of Balance Sheet and Cash Flow on top of P&L as well as for 5 years in all.  Any accountants or businessman worth their salt will surely attest to the fact that balance sheet and cash flow budgets are highly arbitrary and ambiguous and what more, over 5 years.

a budgeting exercise of such comprehensive scale surely shouldn't be done only by 1 person. I have about 11 subsidiaries/associated companies' budgets to review and consolidate and provide written analysis and reporting to my bosses.  The job couldn't be reasonably completed in few days and made worse by subsidiaries/associated companies accountants or line managers who turned in incomplete budget returns to me.  What's more, I am wearing several hats as I am not merely just in charge of the budgeting.  comparatively, the accountants at intermediate HQ (PSA) at all wearing only single hat only - ie they either do budget only, monthly management reporting only or subsidiary financial operations only.

I was always under the impression that accountants are overworked but didn't realize that much!  Should have been a lawyer dei.

[thumbsup]

Supercharged

Lucky me, i was so close in getting a "domestic helper" (some bro here corrected me when i mentioned "maid"), but due to halfhearted decision we did not get one. I was at one of the agency in beauty world and the agent told me this, "hiring a maid is like inviting trouble home" so you have to be prepared for it. I went to another agency and the agent highly recommend those Myanmar nationality whose hometown is near the border with china as they can understand mandarin and some can even speak chinese. However must wait for their boss to return from their recruitment trip in Myanmar and will get back to us in a few weeks, we waited but no contact from the agency, maybe their boss did not manage to hire one whom can understand or speak chinese :relief:  

Now i have a Myanmar part time cleaner who come every weekend for 3 hours to help with the cleaning for the past 2 years. Problem is sometimes she will not be able to come on some weekend or she has to fly home for a few weeks.

↡ Advertisement