Maid in Haven

Achtung

@Watwheels  I mean part-time cleaner to help with chores like mopping floor, washing the toilet, doing the laundry etc. There are many companies that provide such services but hope to seek recommendation from anyone here who has personal experience with any of those.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi All,

wanted to share my unfortunate experience with my helper of 5 years , so as to create awareness. 

had a phinoy helper for 5 years, everything was OK. she ate whatever we eat, enjoyed 2 months bonus plus 1 month Christmas bonus.

during covid, she said her kids doesn't go to school because Philippines were in a lockdown,  so paid for a tuition teacher for her children.  all these were done so that she can concentrate on taking care for my own children. 

paid for all these and she still borrow money from us , to build house,  fix electricity,  buy over rice business🙄🙄, buy pigs to rear.

ok, fine

1 month ago, received an anonymous phone call. pick it up,.caller was a Malaysian loan shark. he informed my wife that my helper has borrow money from him about 3000.

she was scheduled to go back home leave in October. 

we question her, she admitted and we ask why she borrowed money from loan sharks.  her answer,  one day, money was deposited into her account and loan shark called her to repay back.

not for 1 moment did we believe her bull sh it. we told her , we don't think loan sharks go around depositing money to random people and demand interest plus payment. 

we threatened to call the police plus loan shark kept calling her phone, she told us the truth. she needed the money to help her relatives back home🤬🤬🤬🤬 

we told her, we can borrow, her  salary to pay back the loan shark.

loan shark demand full payment , so she transferred at 7 11. After transferring,  the loan shark said, it was after 5pm, so need another 750 interest.  

told the loan shark to go f spider. at round 6pm, there was a food delivery,  so we allowed the delivery guy to come up. when we saw the address , which was 4 blocks away, the delivery guy said. my address was correct.  not thinking more, we just accepted it and leave in the fridge.

10min later,  delivery guy came back and say, wrong address.  which we told him earlier.

After talking with some friends. thanks radx, we decided to send her back home. 

but to safe guard ourselves,  we went to make a police report. 

it was informed to us that , some delivery are working for the loan sharks.  such as pranking by make lots of delivery to victims home or checking the surrounding for any cctv cameras.

so the day to send her back came, she went home. 2 days later, the cleaner ask if we still want the shoes at the staircase, we were puzzled,  so went to see, told the cleaner,.can just throw. 

my wife being curious,  went to check and found out , my helper been taking things from recycled bin and selling on carousell😵💫😵💫😵💫. no wonder she been Pilling our things near the kitchen cos her room is full🙄🙄🙄

1 week later when my new helper came, my wife was doing orientation of our place and happened to bump  into another neighbour helper. the gal told my wife that my old helper has been trying to borrow money from the Gardner ...

this lead us to file a complaint with MOM and after uploading all the police report and etc. we were informed that they won't let her here anymore. 

so to anyone who thinks of employing a helper. there is a column from MOM called feedback , so before you employ any helper, you can talk to the old employer first before deciding to go ahead

https://service2.mom.gov.sg/efeedback/Forms/eFeedbackWithReferrer.aspx?option=20&fbclid=IwAR0IbZued_ESr1PLrszpbvMbh3hCEzQmjKBZ0P9suKF32qONrIIuf7DNlkY

IMG-20230801-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20230801-WA0012.jpg

Edited by Staff69
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 5