Maid in Haven

Achtung

Turbocharged

Hey, Bro Darryn,

How to visualise ?   [:/]

Kindly provide some pictures :a-aggressive:  for the right stall lah.......... [flowerface]

I :nosepick:  stays Hougang and yet to understand which stall [confused]  you're referring   :a-confused:

Maybe I can help you. 

The chicken rice stall is the one nearest to Heartland mall one. 

As for the famous fishball stall, there are actually 2. Depending on which one you like, one is near Lee Wee Brothers Otah and nasi lemak stall, the other is in the middle one. Usually it is quite obvious because of the queue. I prefer the first one I mentioned for the fishball mee and the laksa for the 2nd one.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

The shipyard where I used to work. Was doing 6.5 days a week work. [crazy] My boss doing 7 days a week work and he expect us to do the same. [shakehead]

reminds me of one of my previous job's boss......

on a Saturday night (11+pm), I emailed him to send the documents I worked and update there are few outstanding items that couldn't be completed.  this ex-boss, who have his blackberry push mail perpetually by his side, coldly replied in the email "come back to work on the outstanding items tomorrow"

needless to say, I didn't go back to work on that sunday and I didnt' stay long in that job.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

on a Saturday night (11+pm), I emailed him to send the documents I worked and update there are few outstanding items that couldn't be completed.  this ex-boss, who have his blackberry push mail perpetually by his side, coldly replied in the email "come back to work on the outstanding items tomorrow"

needless to say, I didn't go back to work on that sunday and I didnt' stay long in that job.

Man management skills fail jialat jialat  -_-

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The chicken rice at the interchange is good....and got the famous fishball mee....

I miss the satay stall. It used to be a regular dish on weekends for my family. 

Turbocharged

Maybe I can help you.

As for the famous fishball stall, there are actually 2. Depending on which one you like, one is near Lee Wee Brothers Otah and nasi lemak stall, the other is in the middle one. Usually it is quite obvious because of the queue. I prefer the first one I mentioned for the fishball mee and the laksa for the 2nd one.

Chicken rice...yellow sign one

Fishball....got black sign grumpy auntie and long queue.

The western behind also okay but kinda slow.

I miss the satay stall. It used to be a regular dish on weekends for my family.

Weekend we go eat satay at hawker centre behind new York hotel.

Sambal stingray, hokkein mee, clay pot rice, rojak, oyster omelette. ..wife say total was around $40.....

• Praise 1

Maybe I can help you. 

Thanks for your head up

I shall remember to try these taste when I am heading to Hougang Central from grocery shopping.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

sometimes, u can take the easy way out to have a break.

But good things seldom come easy.

I've been guilty of this before. Since i have no helper, after finish work, cook for them, do laundry, clean up etc. Also no energy to interact with them on friday. So just let my wife gao tim them while i doing backroom support.  -_-

My break is to watch Liverpool match  [laugh]

Other than that all my time is taken up by what you mentioned. I have no time to watch tv at all. I rather read and surf internet. We dont even have cable at home and we watch our shows online via apple tv. And I always try to interact with them before they sleep. 

3 weeks ago, I decided to let my maid go for her first 'off' day after 8 months working with me. Before this off day, it was mutually agreed that we compensate her for not taking off. This time round, I encouraged her to go 'see' the world by allowing off days.

Was supposed to be back at 6 pm. It was 9 pm and no sign of her. I kind of thought she may have lost her way, so I troed calling her mobile but it was off. Then it struck me that she might have ran away. But.... all her belongings were not taken.

Was told to wait 24 hours before lodging a Police report. Informed the agency and no advice given at all. Was speaking to some of my BFFs and they suggested me calling H.O.M.E. Didnt really know what it was so I gave it a try and called. Lo and behold, my maid had conveniently 'checked-in' herself! With that check-in, our friend had also drawn up a list of incredulous accusations! The lady at HOME sarcasticly said that SHE IS SAFE HERE. SHE HAVE THE RIGHT TO STAY HERE INDEFINTELY! I farked her up and asked them why did they not contact me as the employer upon check in as we were worried she got raped or killed somewhere etc. She gave some nonchalant reply as if she cant be bothered.

I did some research and realised this is the same outfit run by some folk called Jolovan Wham that prevents injured foreign workers to be repatriated. I didn't know that they do maids too! What statutory right do they have to keep maids? Why was I not informed as the employer? Who funds them? What if, these maids, are 'chao geng'? Does that mean, they get a free holiday in a chalet doing nothing for an indefinite period of time? Is there a limit in the time they can stay there?

MOM has contacted me regarding the accusations and I will be there on Friday to counter them. Anyone else has any of such experience? Can we repatriate the darn bitch after closure with MOM or MOM has the right to decide?

Any input will be helpful.

p.s. I do not need any flame wars. So keep the sarcasm and accusations to yourself. Thanks.

Bro I feel for you. I had the same exact  experience 2 years ago. After that I stopped having a maid altogether. But recently got another one cause really quite difficult to cope without.

Anyway my case is like this: She is indonesian maid with 1 off day a month. On her first off day, she went off and never returned. Called her at 7pm she said on the way back. After that 9pm called her again and the phone was switched off. Whole night never return. Next morning called agency. Advised to make police report. So in the end went to make missing person report. Then in the evening the HOME called saying that the maid with them, and the maid said she was abused by us! So I'm damn fed up, so I said ok I will go make a police report claiming that my maid is accusing/blackmailing me. So in the end after all the MOM/Police investigation blah blah the maid admitted she do not wish to work and wanted to go back home. BY LAW we have to let her go back to her country. Worse of all, as employer we have to buy a ticket for her to go back. As she still have outstanding loan, I checked with the agency about how we can get back. The agency said will send her back and recover the loan. I demanded that the agency pay me back, which they did after 1 month. It was about 2 weeks before Hari Raya and the maid was eager to go back. MOM kept calling me to ask if I had bought the ticket for her to go back. Although I had to pay for her accommodation here, i deliberately delay for 1 month before finally getting her the ticket.

As for your case, just go along with the MOM investigation. Best still get the police involved. Let the bitch know the consequences of false accusation. By then most likely she will get scared and tell the truth.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Chicken rice...yellow sign one

Fishball....got black sign grumpy auntie and long queue.

The western behind also okay but kinda slow.

Weekend we go eat satay at hawker centre behind new York hotel.

Sambal stingray, hokkein mee, clay pot rice, rojak, oyster omelette. ..wife say total was around $40.....

Now I just go Ave 8 near xin min primary school coffee shop for the nearest nice satay and hokkien mee. 

Turbocharged

Haha...ours is the satay at TPY near to Jackson square....when we eat the late night Kway chap there. But hard to catch her open....

Supersonic

Is it the kind of work that is critical and never do, company will lose a lot of $$$ type?

If so, I will usually go back (and have done so multiple times) as long as the boss is appreciated and knows how to give off days.

• Praise 1

They decide?? Decide what???

Decide if maid stays or go

Maybe I can help you.

Just had my soon kueh there

Bro I feel for you. I had the same exact experience 2 years ago. After that I stopped having a maid altogether. But recently got another one cause really quite difficult to cope without.

Anyway my case is like this: She is indonesian maid with 1 off day a month. On her first off day, she went off and never returned. Called her at 7pm she said on the way back. After that 9pm called her again and the phone was switched off. Whole night never return. Next morning called agency. Advised to make police report. So in the end went to make missing person report. Then in the evening the HOME called saying that the maid with them, and the maid said she was abused by us! So I'm damn fed up, so I said ok I will go make a police report claiming that my maid is accusing/blackmailing me. So in the end after all the MOM/Police investigation blah blah the maid admitted she do not wish to work and wanted to go back home. BY LAW we have to let her go back to her country. Worse of all, as employer we have to buy a ticket for her to go back. As she still have outstanding loan, I checked with the agency about how we can get back. The agency said will send her back and recover the loan. I demanded that the agency pay me back, which they did after 1 month. It was about 2 weeks before Hari Raya and the maid was eager to go back. MOM kept calling me to ask if I had bought the ticket for her to go back. Although I had to pay for her accommodation here, i deliberately delay for 1 month before finally getting her the ticket.

As for your case, just go along with the MOM investigation. Best still get the police involved. Let the bitch know the consequences of false accusation. By then most likely she will get scared and tell the truth.

Thanks for the advise bro
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Is it the kind of work that is critical and never do, company will lose a lot of $$$ type?

If so, I will usually go back (and have done so multiple times) as long as the boss is appreciated and knows how to give off days.

if it was really so critical. The boss should have been either there doing work himself or giving an arm over the shoulder to encourage his employee.

Turbocharged

on a Saturday night (11+pm), I emailed him to send the documents I worked and update there are few outstanding items that couldn't be completed. this ex-boss, who have his blackberry push mail perpetually by his side, coldly replied in the email "come back to work on the outstanding items tomorrow"

needless to say, I didn't go back to work on that sunday and I didnt' stay long in that job.

If it ain't critical then don't have to send on a weekend. If critical and still couldn't complete then well. ..

Hypersonic

If it ain't critical then don't have to send on a weekend. If critical and still couldn't complete then well. ..

Supersonic

if it was really so critical. The boss should have been either there doing work himself or giving an arm over the shoulder to encourage his employee.

Sometimes it is really a 1 man job.

I give you an example. I was working in the shipping industry and the vessels are moving 24/7. If there is any issue, whether it is a workday or xmas, also gotta handle it as the day rate of the vessel can be anywhere from 5k to 200k. There are some oil and gas drill rigs with a 1 mil USD day rate (in the past).

But if it is really a 1 man job, my boss won't sit beside me because this kinda problems could be daily/weekly/monthly depending on how suay you are.

↡ Advertisement