Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

2nd Gear

Was it a lady? Actually i spoke to a few of the SEs at ubi and all said the same thing. Non-g sure get one. Even one from Mazda iirc.

Still no idea why my SE gave me the g one tho coz he wasnt obligated to do so.

A Ubi it was a girl, but I ended up buying from BT as it was nearer to my office after I visited TC BT before final decision to buy.

My SE at BT tells me the top up to guaranteed COE is 2K - not 1K as some members here experienced.  So I really got a bad deal.

2nd Gear

now SE tells me he has 2 other buyers who actually topped up 2K and got the COE.  He said they understood they votality of the coe market.

I just reminded him that he was the one who said 'still confident' after 1st 3 tries.  He was the one who advised me no need g-coe as 'tc sure get for u". Now its like my fault that I listed to him.  What an AH SE!

PM me guys if you want to warn others about this so called team-leader SE.  it is not my intention to mark anyone, but this guy is really pushing it.

3rd Gear
(edited)

BO65,

Strange that you didn't get COE. I booked at a price much lower than most members here. I don't want to post the price but it was low. And i got COE in 1st bid in early April.

I think my decision to book an ex-stock unpopular colour made a huge difference. I wanted to pay for the guaranteed COE but my SE assured me that there is no need to.

I suspect your pearl white is very popular and they are giving people who booked at a higher price priority. Just a guess...

Also, i think SE has no control over the COE bid price. That is done by someone else. Because on the Thur when i got my COE, my SE was on 3 days overseas leave. I suspect they have a finance person with a special spreadsheet of all the bookings from all the showrooms with special formulas that state the highest $$$ they can bid for each booking. Just another guess...

Anyway, good luck in your last bid. Just stay on okay terms with your SE until the bid is over. Since you'll need him if you get your COE at the last bid. If last bid still fail then you can F him and take your $$$ somewhere else if you wish to.

Edited by Bezz
  • Praise 3

Friend got his Coe 1st try end Mar paid 101k and trade in his car.... Got his car from last shipment. strange....

Hi, Can i know is there any other other good workshop other than authorised agent workshop where we can see our veh in for servicing? tks

(edited)

Don't suggest you top up since yours is not the lowest (others were lower) and anyway it is only another 2 weeks more . In case he is exploiting your situation (lining his own pocket). Anyway you wouldn't feel right having already expended 5 rounds (what the hell were they for . Might as well not waited. Nothing to show for it; in the end pay more with the unwelcomed inconvenience and frustration ). Plus you already feel quite indignant and sore over it- this will be letting him profit at your cost. I would go with a take it or leave it if he wants the sale; else walk away after the 6th it is his loss.

Hi, Can i know is there any other other good workshop other than authorised agent workshop where we can see our veh in for servicing? tks

With so much electronics in the car and going to another workshop voiding it plus the NPMP being reasonable I would not bother . Edited by EricChan

A Ubi it was a girl, but I ended up buying from BT as it was nearer to my office after I visited TC BT before final decision to buy.

My SE at BT tells me the top up to guaranteed COE is 2K - not 1K as some members here experienced. So I really got a bad deal.

BO65,

What promo price you paid for your QQ? You bought at the Feb low when COE was at $43K? As you were given $1K discount by your SE, take it that you give back that discount plus add $1K for guaranteed package deal.

You should now request TC to give you the Open Cat E for your deal. As open cat is cheaper than Cat B, can try to negotiate with TC or the SE's manager for $1K or even $1.5K instead of $2K top up? Topping up that $2K will bring you loads of relief, release tension built-up over past 2.5 months, peace of mind, positive energy in your family life and most importantly enjoy the thrill and excitement of collecting new ride. That $1-2K top up will be money well spent.

Buying new car is a priceless experience that should be enjoyed and relished, not regretted.

All the best in your negotiation with TC...

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

you are soooooooo lucky.

Guess my SE made a mistake. He gave me 1K discount from list price when I didn't ask for it. That 1K he could have used for guaranteed COE. I did asked about guaranteed COE, but his advise was don't bother - sure get! Another SE from Ubi also said exactly the same thing. Either we believe them or possibly TC's strategy to maximise profits played over 6 weeks possibilities. quite certain its the later.

Yours is $105K after discount of $1K?

It takes a lot of time and consideration to decide on a car. Moreover, having to wait out 5 bidding rounds and still no result is even frustrating. So don't give up.

If you choose to do nothing:

1) get COE at 6th (final) bidding if lucky

2) pay higher price to book again if still can't get COE at 6th (final) bidding

Instead of waiting for (2) to happen, you may consider to do:

a) convince your SE to guarantee your COE at next bidding since he had advised you no need to take guarantee COE and 'sure can get COE' despite your enquiry for it. Best timing should be during peak time and raise voice if necessary so that the viewing crowd can hear you. Depending on situation, you may want to tell SE that you would relate the story and name the SE in MCF. Need gut for this option.

b) on a soft approach, negotiate the price for a guarantee COE at next bidding at no more than $1K

Feel sorry for you and hope you get COE and QQ soon.

Good Luck!

• Praise 1

Hello QashQai folks, can anyone tell me how to distinguish 1.2T and 2.0NA from exterior? thanks

Sticker on the differences between 2.0L and 1.2L Turbo with contribution by various bros consolidated here.

1. bigger engine with no concern on lack of torque and power (yes, CVT or gearing lag is still there) - cannot mod and even piggyback via racechip ultimate for 1.2L is maxed out at this level of performance except more linear

2. no stopstart with no concern on powerloss aka ebrake not releasing

3. moon/sun roof - cannot mod reliably and expensive ... better dun !

4. independent rear suspension - cannot mod

5. LED low beam main headlights - cannot mod reliably and expensive

6. Driver's electrical adjustable seat - can be mod but shipping from UK will be expensive

7. Roof rack - easily mod and inexpensive

8. Self dimming rear mirror - easily mod and inexpensive

9. Imported factory lead seat - new batches of 1.2L almost same quality but still creases

10. Main speedometer in km/hr and not mile/hr

Disadvantages:

1. Higher price

2. Higher road tax

3. Higher fuel consumption ... 100kg heavier

5. Non fancy dashboard meter

6. Wiper of older design

Hope this help if those who are considering between 2.0L and 1.2L Turbo.

Cheers

PS: external aspect of 1.2L that cannot be modded like 2.0L would be primarily be the glass roof.

Have someone inside the car press the horn while you are outside the car to hear the "loudness" of the horn.

The car has very good sound insulation and the horn may not sound loud to you when you are inside the car.

Hi Cashcow007,

Indeed the sound insulation is very good around engine bay that makes the horn sounds muted.

However, the stock horn is also indeed a bit gu niang sounding.

I had installed bassy red hella, changed to sharper tone yellow hella and finally to estima's loud and sharp sounding horns. You can be certain that I had tried the sound standing outside the car for each type of horns to know the differences as well as a row of qashqai and activating their horns to compare them.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 2

Must be a deadly poison.

Wat combo meal u preparing now? Eager to know.

So for diy sound proofing, is there any danger points to look out for?

I think all the cables must be resting and tape to the sound proof material rite?

Cos I find that 1 wrong step and when u need to rectify some issues inside the car panel and find the insulation is blocking the access. Then need to tear away the insulation.

(edited)

Wat combo meal u preparing now? Eager to know.

So for diy sound proofing, is there any danger points to look out for?

I think all the cables must be resting and tape to the sound proof material rite?

Cos I find that 1 wrong step and when u need to rectify some issues inside the car panel and find the insulation is blocking the access. Then need to tear away the insulation.

Customize a piller to house a 3 inch mid range speaker and tweeter..... Edited by Meemee

You need the hella .........

Bro MeeMee, is this legal? I wanted to change to this hella model but workshop tell me not legal. Suggest the lower end model instead...

hello Qashqai folks,

this morning about 60km/h speed on KPE, one Qashqai in front of my right  Lane 1, it gave left signal to indicate lane change, I braked a bit to reduce speed let it in, however it hesitated quite a few seconds not obviously speed up to cut in my lane, the road a bit slope up and left bend, I have to speed down further let it confidently cut in ,

therefore I have doubts whether Qashqai engine underpower and poor corner handling [confused] 

4th Gear

Bro MeeMee, is this legal? I wanted to change to this hella model but workshop tell me not legal. Suggest the lower end model instead...

No worries bro... Chaned to hella and no issues at TC.

• Praise 2

you are soooooooo lucky.

Guess my SE made a mistake. He gave me 1K discount from list price when I didn't ask for it.  That 1K he could have used for guaranteed COE.  I did asked about guaranteed COE, but his advise was don't bother - sure get!  Another SE from Ubi also said exactly the same thing.  Either we believe them or possibly TC's strategy to maximise profits played over 6 weeks possibilities.  quite certain its the later.

Sorry to hear that you have not gotten your coe again. Best luck to your last bidding.

↡ Advertisement