Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Just curious, how old is your car/battery?

Any idea why it died?

Aiyah...I've recharged my 'dislike' for him and waiting to dish another one to him when he appears...now no more chance. I always leave my name when i dish some dislike his way

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Forte3737 = LPPL? previously i noticed both of them will appear at almost the same time in this thread. Like a pair of stereo speakers; singing the same song [:p]

I like stereo speaker .... But none of the 2

75.00 is battery or RS Assistant? battery cost 175 before Gst. If at 50%, I think I want to change every year to save the hassle of being stranded.

Thanks Candilious (I didn't check old post). so it is about $95 not $75 for battery at 50% discount as it is on 2nd year.

Mine also just died last weekend. Exactly 1.5 yrs...

Only 1.5yrs... my old ride easily last 2.5yrs+ before showing signs of deterioration, eg not starting at 1st crank but needs a little more effort.

Is idling start/stop one of the culprits?

And I remembered someone who collected his new car insisting that TC changed his car battery beforehand which they did (check old post) . Reason being the battery could have been sitting there a while since the time of manufacture, shipment and storage and is therefore not actually so new.

2nd Gear

Thanks for the suggestion.

My car is Jan 2015. No camera, no ice. No warning, just died. When I press the start button, it clicks but not enough to start engine. Cabin lights, radio comes on, albeit weaker. Will update tomorrow after I call tan chong road assistance to check on price.

you mean TC Road Assit does not work at night?

you mean TC Road Assit does not work at night?

They do. If you call, they will make their way down immediately. I didn't want to wait and wanted them to come only in the morning. They say if u want them to come in the morning, call tomorrow morning coz it's different team. Night shift and day shift different team, I think. The car is in my office carpark.
  • Praise 2

(edited)

They do. If you call, they will make their way down immediately. I didn't want to wait and wanted them to come only in the morning. They say if u want them to come in the morning, call tomorrow morning coz it's different team. Night shift and day shift different team, I think. The car is in my office carpark.

Would it be just call them to find out price and I assume for them to bring a battery along, pop over and simply change it and bill you on the spot. Edited by EricChan

Only 1.5yrs... my old ride easily last 2.5yrs+ before showing signs of deterioration, eg not starting at 1st crank but needs a little more effort.

Very likely since a surge is needed to do a start. Also not forgetting your DRL .
  • Praise 1

Do keep us posted on your outcome. Mine is 1 year+ too.  :a-SOS:

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

My previous ride battery lasted about 1year+ each time. Hope battery in Nissan last longer.

Mine don't have start/stop and no other special battery draining gagdets except car cam.

Do keep us posted on your outcome. Mine is 1 year+ too. :a-SOS:

Ok, called. They will come to my car at my car park to change the battery. Battery was supposed to be $175,but got 50% discount coz within 2 years. Service fee $35. All in about $130. Lucky got 50%, else not worth. Outside battery shop probably can get cheaper and considering mine is emergency case and they come to me. Save me from driving somewhere, wait and bargain...etc.
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Ok, called. They will come to my car at my car park to change the battery. Battery was supposed to be $175,but got 50% discount coz within 2 years. Service fee $35. All in about $130. Lucky got 50%, else not worth. Outside battery shop probably can get cheaper and considering mine is emergency case and they come to me. Save me from driving somewhere, wait and bargain...etc.

other 3rd party most probably will chop if it is emergency case.

Edited by Mred1-2

Turbocharged

Nissan supplies the basic oem 55 ah battery which comes fitted with the QQ car. Even TC does the replacement of similar oem 55 ah battery at their workshops for cost reason.

If non emergency, it would be better to try third party brands like Amaron, Bosch or Varta which are comparable in price levels but would last much longer.

I remember seeing someones's rental car from TC being fitted with a replacement high specs amaron battery when his car battery died. That is the way things are handled for rental cars where the battery wear and tear is much higher vs owner cars.

They are asking for 2K, not 1K.

I am pissed enough that I no longer want to have any relation with TC.

Top up 2k for guaranteed bid? I thought it's 1k? I paid 1k for guaranteed bid.

• Praise 2

Top up 2k for guaranteed bid? I thought it's 1k? I paid 1k for guaranteed bid.

I think its dependent on the price you paid for the car vs the current COE. He probably paid a lower price for the car than you.

↡ Advertisement