Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

If it makes you feel any better... some of the guys here paid in excess of $130k for their 1.2T QQ. I paid more than 10k of its current listed price too.

Don't get too upset over the failed COE bid. Could be also a blessing for you to look at other cars. The 1.2T QQ is hardly something to die for at its current price.

I miss the days of <$20k COE.... [bigcry]

OK, this one will get you ALL SCREAMING.

My QQ purchase price was 101 998.  Then with 1K discount = 100 998.

Ok, lets hear it!

quite good price isn't it.

Its just a matter of principle thingy......

people should be accountable!

Anyway, I need to re-test drive the QQ tomorrow.  To remember why I chose the QQ.

my wife rejected the Harrier.  Harrier offer 129K.  

She says like ah pek!  LOL.  But the real headache I am having is the worry of theft in JB and KL.  I go over quite often.

The Tucson is still pulling.

Will take time to think it over and decide.  still got like 2 weeks to decide.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Cashqai, vezel very noisy ? U test drove vezel before ? Heard from others vezel sits not as comfortable as QQ . Didn't have the chance to try vezel as pi don't allow test drive .

Each has it own goodness...

LOL !

I was looking fwd to the poisons.

FYI, just found out the Tucson is changing HU from Sony (current users Sony is crappy), to an OEM one with nav, etc. The supplier is the same as the one supplying to TC. So Tucson and QQ sharing same head unit now!

meemee,

The Tucson guys says the installer (Elegant Auto - 2nd floor at Komoco LK I think), are very helpful and entertain free firmware upgrades. maybe you could consult them about the steering wheel interface. Call them - nothing to loose.

Ya ----- will take that into consideration

Thanks

Get qq ..... Lot of fun gathering ...

My QQ purchase price was 101 998. Then with 1K discount = 100 998.

Ok, lets hear it!

Anyway, I need to re-test drive the QQ tomorrow. To remember why I chose the QQ.

my wife rejected the Harrier. Harrier offer 129K.

She says like ah pek! LOL. But the real headache I am having is the worry of theft in JB and KL. I go over quite often.

Will take time to think it over and decide. still got like 2 weeks to decide.

QQ ---- can save a bundle - road tax and insurance :)

The initial pick up may be a bit slow but it rolls off smoothly and power kick in after 1750rpm, going up hill is powerful and less noisy than Vezel! Overtaking is easy and smooth! Doesn't feel like it's a 1.2cc car!

Can't wait to install my RS Chip and Power charger and it will be a "1.6cc" or 130bhp QQ!

Cheers

fyi,  I stopped by Kah Motor yesterday.  Seems they are clearing out their HRV from Thailand,  They started taking orders for the HRV Japan models.  No unit to test drive though.  

The HRV - Thailand is using an older generation engine compare to Vezel (Japan).  The HRV (Japan) by Kah Motor will be the Vezel face-lift  version.  Still 1.5.  Expect price of the HrV Japan to be lower than HRV Thailand due to better carbon thingy.

fyi only ya - not promoting.

saw a couple new dark army-green but metallic Vezel at Turf City.  Quite awesome looking!

Ok, lets hear it!

Anyway, I need to re-test drive the QQ tomorrow. To remember why I chose the QQ.

She says like ah pek! LOL. But the real headache I am having is the worry of theft in JB and KL. I go over quite often.

I can only say TC greedy.

At 101k they still make 15k in margin in at 47k coe.

BO65 away to kimchi but still looking at the sushi

attachicon.gifimage.png

that's so funny the way you put it.

I am not totally gone, not yet.....

If you do change your mind... change SE too. My SE not bad, got my car within 1 bid NG and even gave me the previous COE which was higher than the one I bidded for. Got cash discount and freebies too.

If not... the new Tucson quite nice! But I head Harrier has better FC. How about Kia Sorento?

I will get your SE name if I decide to stay with the QQ.

Which location- BT, LK or Ubi?

fyi, I stopped by Kah Motor yesterday. Seems they are clearing out their HRV from Thailand, They started taking orders for the HRV Japan models. No unit to test drive though.

The HRV - Thailand is using an older generation engine compare to Vezel (Japan). The HRV (Japan) by Kah Motor will be the Vezel face-lift version. Still 1.5. Expect price of the HrV Japan to be lower than HRV Thailand due to better carbon thingy.

fyi only ya - not promoting.

saw a couple new dark army-green but metallic Vezel at Turf City. Quite awesome looking!

Ohhh vezel by AD. Not bad. A game changer. But I still don't understand why got 3 aircon vents on the passenger side. Driver not hot meh?

Hi Cashqai, vezel very noisy ? U test drove vezel before ? Heard from others vezel sits not as comfortable as QQ . Didn't have the chance to try vezel as pi don't allow test drive .

QQ has special - Gravity Seats originally developed by NASA.

Supposed to be more comfortable, especially on longer rides.

applicable to front 2 seats only - i think!

Ohhh vezel by AD. Not bad. A game changer. But I still don't understand why got 3 aircon vents on the passenger side. Driver not hot meh?

maybe they designed it that way - for HOT passengers !

or expect more HOT passengers!

Its quite amazing the length of the aircon vents on the passenger side, isn't it.

(edited)

Ok, lets hear it!

Only got this to say to your SE

Burnhomebeatmama.jpg

Edited by kumquat

that's so funny the way you put it.

I am not totally gone, not yet.....

I will get your SE name if I decide to stay with the QQ.

Which location- BT, LK or Ubi?

Ubi. Disclaimer: don't expect chio bu ok.

Ubi. Disclaimer: don't expect chio bu ok.

Lol so bad. Lao chio can?

I would say the male SEs provide better service. No homo haha.

Ok, lets hear it!

Omg, 100k. I paid 140k for my qashqai.

Hi Talkie,

More than welcomed and perhaps lim kopi session is in order and also audition the system in qashqai and estima :)

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks Richard. Hope to find time to go and disturb you :).

I use the "class" equilizer setting. Then realize not too bad. Can live w it. So Candilious is right. In a save cost situation try the equilizer. But still, low end will be missing. Another cheapo method is go add the cheap aubwoofer TC offers. May help. Then just enjoy the "sound" :)

Hi Lee , you have driven the QQ for more then a year , how's the reliability on the 1.2 . How much mileage have u clock ? From this forum , I learn that some of the owners currently face handbrake issues . seems like powerloss issue is resolved .

Hi Nismoo

Sorry for late reply...was busy driving my QQ all around the island...haha.

Been driving it since end Jan last year.. So far clocked more than 46,000km. Enjoyed every moment of it... Esp'ly when I go on my M'sia trips...can really feel the smooth power of the 1.2T when going on the NSHW...

Thankfully, have not experienced any "power loss" problem. However, did encounter one time when my start-stop gave me some issues... Not so much a "power loss" but more like "delayed acceleration" from a standing start. Think my problem was to have stopped my car at the moment when the start-stop function kicked in...and then re-starting the car immediately. After the car rested overnight...no more problems and I have not felt that ever again (coz I manually disable the start-stop the moment I start my car). In terms of reliability, I have not had any issues so I guess I am one of those luckier ones.

(edited)

Ok, lets hear it!

Alamak, forget about principle, at this price + $2k at this moment in time no other SE can match the offer even if they chopped off their heads . It will be 3 weeks not 2 weeks to the next bid ( so expect next round Coe not to drop given that there is an extra week of buying). Beyond next bid is more fuzzy. Edited by EricChan

Yes, I've test drove both Vezel & HRV from Kah Motor and one of the PI at Turf City, it's engine is noisy when you pedal hard and the sound insulation is not as good as QQ, QQ also better in terms of comfortable seats, nice interiors with continental feel, love the external chrome trims around the windows which Vezel don't have!

Vezel though got a sexy nice body, bigger boot and seats that can fold, left mirror with lower blind spot mirror attached and park assist without hand release when you press the fuel pedal!

Both got its pro & con!

• Praise 1

Alamak, forget about principle, at this price + $2k at this moment in time no other SE can match the offer even if they chopped off their heads . It will be 3 weeks not 2 weeks to the next bid ( so expect next round Coe not to drop given that there is an extra week of buying). Beyond next bid is more fuzzy.

Hi Eric,

What I meant was to switch SE.

I believe if I want I could do that with a request put in to TC 'c management.  The existing SE, as per my email to TC's GM, has been giving me wrong advises and not serving me.  

↡ Advertisement