Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Nope, by Yas Spray Rim.. He also spray for lamborghini at their house if I am not wrong. Avoid exo**** werks as they their worksmanship is poor and charge higher. They did not do a proper job on my rims causing me to do a re-spray with YSR. Grrr.

Ahh ok. How much do they charge for the calipers?

Since the wheels are painted, go change the brake pads if you can. The current ones give hell of a lot dust.

Ahh ok. How much do they charge for the calipers?

Since the wheels are painted, go change the brake pads if you can. The current ones give hell of a lot dust.

He charge 100 for 4 calipers. Yeah, the rims turn brown after only a week of driving!

Change Hu :)

So far how do you find the stock headunit? Any bro here change to aftermarket headunit and how is the receiption?

(edited)

Ok, my experience so far after getting the 2.0L a few days ago.

Overall, I would find it above average.

Sufficient power on the road esp on steep up slopes.

Expressways

- Handles itself well on expressways in terms of stability and overtaking, esp when compared to my old 1.5l car.

- On the way home from collection, achieved a 13.5km/l based on car reading but after that no more. But I do understand the reading is likely not accurate, esp the first couple of tanks. Will have to review again after 5k check.

- Steering stiffens up on expressways which I like.

City driving

- Average. Not as zippy and maneuverable due to size.

- Find the steering at lower speeds a little light. Did not notice that during test drive.

- Some body roll during cornering. More obvious now than when I test drove. Less roll than my old sedan but not sure how it compares with the Vezel, Tuson, XT, Forester and other SUVs etc.

- Fuel economy perhaps only 9km/l but got to monitor further.

- 1st 0.5 sec acceleration from standstill a bit slow but once the lumbering butt gets moving, it can actually accelerate pretty fast to 60km/hr.

- Quiet cabin but maybe not as quiet as my old sedan when it was brand new. I like a quiet cabin. Should have bought a Harrier. [laugh]

Overall

- Visibility surprisingly better than I remember. Large side mirrors are good.

- Love the reverse parking camera. Very useful as the huge butt blocks your line of sight.

- Dashboard feels quite complicated to me. I was used to a simple dashboard where the most sophisticated item was the analog radio and CD player.

- HU surprisingly did not give me issues with radio reception which I read was an issue. The navigation system on the HU is pretty good.

- Not fussy about speaker quality so I won't say anything about it.

- No rattles so far.

- Wife complained the seat is too hard. I wish the seats are Alcantara rather than leather. Alcantara grips the passenger's butt better and is not scalding hot (compared to leather) after parking in the sun.

- Aircon is strong enough for me. I usually set it at 24 or 25, 1 bar fan speed only. Pretty good for me. But one thing I find irritating is the internal vs external circulation. Still trying to resolve. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

- Got to tell bros who are new to the QQ. Once the fuel warning sign comes on, please go refuel. I thought there will be another yellow blinking light later on to warn me I am onto my last 10L reserve tank so I traveled quite a distance before I topped up. There is no yellow blinking light in the QQ. [smash] I only got left with 1L of fuel in the main and reserve tank when I finally topped up.

- Moon roof is swee but I can't get to enjoy it while driving.

- Wish there are more storage areas. The side storage is a little too deep and dark.

- Tail gate is damn heavy. Wish there was a motorised version.

Currently still trying to finish reading the manual. Damn difficult reading it. [sleeping]

Edited by FooJiahao
  • Praise 1

(edited)

So far how do you find the stock headunit? Any bro here change to aftermarket headunit and how is the receiption?

Stock is ok

But if you ready to scarifice the navigation for audio quality

It worth it.

As for myself , I have change to a pioneer Hu

My audio quality up by 2 fold

Radio reception is much much better .......

No more "rainning " sound in the background ....

Reason for changing the Hu :

Audition my Frd Hu with stock speaker (vezel )

It seem like his setup has much clearity

Whereas my with addition amp , processor , after market speaker also can't seem to have the Clearity

Although soundstage and power is there .....

So I took the dive,change the Hu and never look back

Every miles driving is more enjoyable

Especially after a hard day work

with the improvement of sq ( sound quality )

It lead to more upgrade :)

Now I m

Working on the a pillar to have an addition mid range speaker ....

Will keep posted

Edited by Meemee

hi bros. just registered for an acct. but have been following the thread since i booked my mag red QQ 1.2. getting my ride this Sunday. eggcited!

have almost been poisoned a lot of times by u bros looking at ur mods and stuff. but decided to keep the outlook as stock as possible for the moment.... however, i do want to get in-car cams. any bros got lobang for iroad v9 or any better recommendations. pls share. thanks! (:

Hi Kite77,

Heard iroad v9 at audioshop along balestier road opp Caltex is sgd350 including installation ... good enuff ?

PM dopeyone for details if interested

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Bros,

any idea where can i get the android HU other than from TC? i reckon this is OEM sure got someplace that got sell? Those that got the upgrade from TC your GPS is using Galactio? I'm using external holux and i like the galactio map that comes with it..

Any lobang to install this?

Thanks

Hi HockMeng,

Hope you have better luck ..spoke to stock wince HU vendor and no go for other equipment cos he mentioned configured for our headunit after I changed to another tiong dual wince+android headunit.

I ended up with igo primo but only for completeness cos new headunit oreli got googlemap and waze on the android side.

Cheers.

Richard

But can withstand adult weight?

Hey Candilious,

Should be ok especially my from UK for angmo size but dun jump around lah.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Bros,

any idea where can i get the android HU other than from TC? i reckon this is OEM sure got someplace that got sell? Those that got the upgrade from TC your GPS is using Galactio? I'm using external holux and i like the galactio map that comes with it..

Any lobang to install this?

Thanks

Btw, our stock is wince and not android ...pls check my old thread on my dual wince and android headunit ....

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Kite77,

Heard iroad v9 at audioshop along balestier road opp Caltex is sgd350 including installation ... good enuff ?

PM dopeyone for details if interested

Cheers.

Richard

thanks richard, as helpful as always!

yup. seems good. will consider along with my other options. slowly upgrading my ride. (:

cheers!

• Praise 1

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and has the intention to get QQ and am reading past threads and now kind of having mixed feelings. Any bro n sis can share if you are currently still experiencing technical issues like power loss, brake loss, etc? I understand that there have been upgrades n patches, so am wondering if up to date, have the problems been resolved?

Please don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to put QQ down. I'm doing sales so to have technical/safety issues are my main concerns (i know everyone will also be worried) before committing. Lack of rear legroom or pick-up, i can still manage.

So really look forward to advices if the technical issues are still persistent. Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and has the intention to get QQ and am reading past threads and now kind of having mixed feelings. Any bro n sis can share if you are currently still experiencing technical issues like power loss, brake loss, etc? I understand that there have been upgrades n patches, so am wondering if up to date, have the problems been resolved?

Please don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to put QQ down. I'm doing sales so to have technical/safety issues are my main concerns (i know everyone will also be worried) before committing. Lack of rear legroom or pick-up, i can still manage.

So really look forward to advices if the technical issues are still persistent. Thanks

I have bad experience every time i drive. The butt doesn't want to leave the car after the journey :P
  • Praise 1

I have bad experience every time i drive. The butt doesn't want to leave the car after the journey :P

Hey Haronkr,

Good one but cannot praise ...

ROFL ....

Cheers.

Richard

Use my QQ stick horn just now. My children were laughing at the sound it produce. Decided to change once and for all. Too Gu Liang.

Hey dash1234,

Also cannot praise you but indeed ..my case with long ntuc lorry but fortunately no car behind amd reversed like mad ! Changed to red bassy hella, yellow sharp hella and settled on estima. Tks for the video that says it all !!

Cheer.

Richard

Ok, my experience so far after getting the 2.0L a few days ago.

Overall, I would find it above average.

Sufficient power on the road esp on steep up slopes.

Expressways

- Handles itself well on expressways in terms of stability and overtaking, esp when compared to my old 1.5l car.

- On the way home from collection, achieved a 13.5km/l based on car reading but after that no more. But I do understand the reading is likely not accurate, esp the first couple of tanks. Will have to review again after 5k check.

- Steering stiffens up on expressways which I like.

City driving

- Average. Not as zippy and maneuverable due to size.

- Find the steering at lower speeds a little light. Did not notice that during test drive.

- Some body roll during cornering. More obvious now than when I test drove. Less roll than my old sedan but not sure how it compares with the Vezel, Tuson, XT, Forester and other SUVs etc.

- Fuel economy perhaps only 9km/l but got to monitor further.

- 1st 0.5 sec acceleration from standstill a bit slow but once the lumbering butt gets moving, it can actually accelerate pretty fast to 60km/hr.

- Quiet cabin but maybe not as quiet as my old sedan when it was brand new. I like a quiet cabin. Should have bought a Harrier. [laugh]

Overall

- Visibility surprisingly better than I remember. Large side mirrors are good.

- Love the reverse parking camera. Very useful as the huge butt blocks your line of sight.

- Dashboard feels quite complicated to me. I was used to a simple dashboard where the most sophisticated item was the analog radio and CD player.

- HU surprisingly did not give me issues with radio reception which I read was an issue. The navigation system on the HU is pretty good.

- Not fussy about speaker quality so I won't say anything about it.

- No rattles so far.

- Wife complained the seat is too hard. I wish the seats are Alcantara rather than leather. Alcantara grips the passenger's butt better and is not scalding hot (compared to leather) after parking in the sun.

- Aircon is strong enough for me. I usually set it at 24 or 25, 1 bar fan speed only. Pretty good for me. But one thing I find irritating is the internal vs external circulation. Still trying to resolve. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

- Got to tell bros who are new to the QQ. Once the fuel warning sign comes on, please go refuel. I thought there will be another yellow blinking light later on to warn me I am onto my last 10L reserve tank so I traveled quite a distance before I topped up. There is no yellow blinking light in the QQ. [smash] I only got left with 1L of fuel in the main and reserve tank when I finally topped up.

- Moon roof is swee but I can't get to enjoy it while driving.

- Wish there are more storage areas. The side storage is a little too deep and dark.

- Tail gate is damn heavy. Wish there was a motorised version.

Currently still trying to finish reading the manual. Damn difficult reading it. [sleeping]

Hi kxbc,

Prototyle electric tailgate ordered and stay tuned for outcome ...though my is 1.2L and not sure if the same.

Cheers.

Richard