Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Hi , I am looking at QQ now, may I know how is the FC in general? Many thanks.

Published is 16-17. The SE told me will not get this fc maybe around 12 which is true  [laugh]

Ok to me as its seems my other cars were also around this fc range. [bounce2]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Booked my 2.0 under 8 bids NG. The COE rebate level was at $45K.

SE was recommending to take up the 6 bids NG, as chances of getting COE for 8 bids NG is low unless COE drop.

I told her I will go for 8 bid first and if COE goes up, then I will consider top up.

Got the COE for the 1st bid (in Aug 2nd bidding). Successful bid price $56.5K. TC bidded 56.8K. A close one, lucky for me.

My conclusion is that, for the 8 bids NG, there is a chance only if the COE dip, no need to drop drastically, probably abt $2K. But if COE maintain or up, then no chance.

You are lucky! Maybe that is for Cat B but as I know Cat A is rather difficult to get if you go for 8 bids and not top up. The last bid, I am sure those go for 8 bids for CAT A did not get it but for those with 6 bids got it even when the COE drop 2.3K for CAT A. 

Your SE is more truthful IMHO. However, bear in mind the list prices usually do not reflect the actual COE differences. Tend to list higher prices when COE up but list prices don't come down that amount of COE drop.

Yes do not see the list price but look at the price the SE give you after all the discount. I got a further discount on top of what the usual discount and got my COE on the first bid.

Edited by Stargaze

You are lucky! Maybe that is for Cat B but as I know Cat A is rather difficult to get if you go for 8 bids and not top up. The last bid, I am sure those go for 8 bids for CAT A did not get it but for those with 6 bids got it even when the COE drop 2.3K for CAT A.

Yes do not see the list price but look at the price the SE give you after all the discount. I got a further discount on top of what the usual discount and got my COE on the first bid.

I got my qq in july, then SE told me no point pay extra for guaranteedinner coe so I went for 6 bids NG, got my coe on 2nd round of bidding. Book in end May, got it in early July.
  • Praise 1

Some questions to the bros who had done some grounding work to the car. Will changing the battery affect the work done?

What abt changing batteries at TC. Any issues?

Thanks thanks

Grounding

1) better spark voltage = more complete fuel burn = more power + better gas mileage

2) better battery charging characteristics

3) ability to run more electrical components with less effect on your electrical system (rally lights, stereo, gps, heater etc)

4) everything electrical performs better (headlights is most noticeable)

Your whole car depends on your electrical system. When I buy a new (to me) car the first thing I do is make sure the electrical system is running as best as it possibly can.

But again ---- depend on the qlty of the cable .......

Copper is the best conductor

Please don't get those aluminum tinted type

Grounding

1) better spark voltage = more complete fuel burn = more power + better gas mileage

2) better battery charging characteristics

3) ability to run more electrical components with less effect on your electrical system (rally lights, stereo, gps, heater etc)

4) everything electrical performs better (headlights is most noticeable)

Your whole car depends on your electrical system. When I buy a new (to me) car the first thing I do is make sure the electrical system is running as best as it possibly can.

But again ---- depend on the qlty of the cable .......

Copper is the best conductor

Please don't get those aluminum tinted type

Bro @Meemee yup i understand that part. I mean i qont diy and prob go shop to do.

Asking if i were to change batteries at TC, will the wiring etc be affected. Or do i have to return to the shop to redo?

Published is 16-17. The SE told me will not get this fc maybe around 12 which is true [laugh]

Ok to me as its seems my other cars were also around this fc range. [bounce2]

You can get those 16-17s if you cruise a lot. If city driving, go up mscp, always jam, numbers will be horrible.

I got my qq in july, then SE told me no point pay extra for guaranteedinner coe so I went for 6 bids NG, got my coe on 2nd round of bidding. Book in end May, got it in early July.

In May is different, as that time there is no such thing as 8 bids no guarantee. They change the non guarantee bid after AUG first bid. AUG first bid and before, you can go with the 6bids non guarantee and you will get the COE likely on first if not second bid. And now it apply the same for the 6 bids non guarantee. But now they have an extra category called 8 bids non guarantee which is about 2k lower than 6 bids non guarantee. Hence for the 8 bid non guarantee, it will be very difficult to get the COE unless there is a drastic drop in the COE price. 

Like I have mentioned, on last wed bid I got my COE in the first bid for 6 bids non guaranteed and they bid around 55k for my COE. The CAT A COE drop to 51.5k from 53.8k in Aug last bid. And if I am not wrong a few of them here who was on the 8 bids non guarantee non of them got the COE so TC must have bil lower than 51.5k. Tha is why I ask those bro what is the amount that TC bid for them.

Want to check if rust is normal on the brake rotors? My Qashqai 1.2L is about 10 months old, with stock rims, brake calipers, brake rotors and brake pads.

I noticed the rust on the brake rotors after a car wash at Shell, with Sonax rim cleaning also.

post-165460-0-80386000-1473408090_thumb.jpg

This is the front rim, with rust visible at the edges of the rotor.

post-165460-0-88833100-1473408091_thumb.jpg

This is the rear rim, with less rust but still visible.

Is this rust normal? Braking function feels fine, just not sure if anything is wrong.

• Praise 1

Want to check if rust is normal on the brake rotors? My Qashqai 1.2L is about 10 months old, with stock rims, brake calipers, brake rotors and brake pads.

I noticed the rust on the brake rotors after a car wash at Shell, with Sonax rim cleaning also.

attachicon.gifDSC_3229.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_3231.JPG

Is this rust normal? Braking function feels fine, just not sure if anything is wrong.

Normal... any other makes also the same.

• Praise 3

attachicon.gifDSC_3229.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_3231.JPG

This is normal for any car after car wash or heavy rain.  Dun worry OK

• Praise 2

Wow! i hv to have 8 more post before getting anymore restriction on my post lol!

Hi guys... Seems like alot more cash qai on the road since I've gotten my car. Hope your car give u more cash to qai instead of qai...ing more cash on the car, for me I'm cashing in some light DIY lol!

Hv you guys updated on the software recently? It Seems like a different set-up on the ecu, trotter responds seem better with a faster pick up just on a light tap. But i prefer the old setup doh...well I'm still loving my ride since day 1.

Anyway here's my half bucket of England again but tis time I'm be sharing some DIY I'm doing and hope it will interest you.

Other then the coe, whether it's a 2l or a 1.2 qq.... The car seems pretty well built in the hands of the Englishman don't u guys agreed.

Well some may say of cause I'll praise my ride since I've gotten it. But frankly speaking I've got many doubt before buying lol!

Anyway happens tobe with one of my mechanic friend from overseas recently....and as usual his bad habits of checking out my ride....

Humm.... He said.... i notice your car is reasonably quiet. Notice the rear wheel arch, inside it's carpeted. It's use in most conti to isolate noise from stones pebbles and water splash. Trust me most hatch back are very noisy, tis helps alot.

I hate those cheap plastic push lock nuts and clips clams he added... QQ seems tobe using a higher grade materia. But it's still not a 100% perfect in some areas.

The greatest enemy is the heat, when he pop the hoot, It's burning hot... but most turbo cars do... surprisingly most of the stuff needed is there. Intercooler...oil cooler Etc.... Etc....but do remember turbo cars are more costly to repair...Grounding looks good but some hot spots may be consider.

Soon after I've got myself some DEI products from our local agent. Wire/trunking heat shield, battery heat shield.... Etc....especially on the battery from my experience, heat shield is a must! There's also other brands u may try but i prefer DEI.

Oh trust me... It's as easy as putting on a baby's diaper lol! Anyway it's a on going project not fully done up. Hopefully my share helpes for some, it's just a simple clip on product to shield the heat. Try go do some read up if u can. It's good.

If u were tobe like me which prefers running the car stock and without any warranty issues. Tis simple hop up's you may consider which had proven over the years both on road, on track and most modify driver's would do.

Sorry i can't or dont know why i can't post photos maybe It's only my second post.

Well there's many more stuff to share but probably next time... Think I'm too long winded as some may feel lol!

Thanks for reading.

• Praise 2

Wow! i hv to have 8 more post before getting anymore restriction on my post lol!

Hi guys... Seems like alot more cash qai on the road since I've gotten my car. Hope your car give u more cash to qai instead of qai...ing more cash on the car, for me I'm cashing in some light DIY lol!

Hv you guys updated on the software recently? It Seems like a different set-up on the ecu, trotter responds seem better with a faster pick up just on a light tap. But i prefer the old setup doh...well I'm still loving my ride since day 1.

Anyway here's my half bucket of England again but tis time I'm be sharing some DIY I'm doing and hope it will interest you.

Other then the coe, whether it's a 2l or a 1.2 qq.... The car seems pretty well built in the hands of the Englishman don't u guys agreed.

Well some may say of cause I'll praise my ride since I've gotten it. But frankly speaking I've got many doubt before buying lol!

Anyway happens tobe with one of my mechanic friend from overseas recently....and as usual his bad habits of checking out my ride....

Humm.... He said.... i notice your car is reasonably quiet. Notice the rear wheel arch, inside it's carpeted. It's use in most conti to isolate noise from stones pebbles and water splash. Trust me most hatch back are very noisy, tis helps alot.

I hate those cheap plastic push lock nuts and clips clams he added... QQ seems tobe using a higher grade materia. But it's still not a 100% perfect in some areas.

The greatest enemy is the heat, when he pop the hoot, It's burning hot... but most turbo cars do... surprisingly most of the stuff needed is there. Intercooler...oil cooler Etc.... Etc....but do remember turbo cars are more costly to repair...Grounding looks good but some hot spots may be consider.

Soon after I've got myself some DEI products from our local agent. Wire/trunking heat shield, battery heat shield.... Etc....especially on the battery from my experience, heat shield is a must! There's also other brands u may try but i prefer DEI.

Oh trust me... It's as easy as putting on a baby's diaper lol! Anyway it's a on going project not fully done up. Hopefully my share helpes for some, it's just a simple clip on product to shield the heat. Try go do some read up if u can. It's good.

If u were tobe like me which prefers running the car stock and without any warranty issues. Tis simple hop up's you may consider which had proven over the years both on road, on track and most modify driver's would do.

Sorry i can't or dont know why i can't post photos maybe It's only my second post.

Well there's many more stuff to share but probably next time... Think I'm too long winded as some may feel lol!

Thanks for reading.

Is this the one? Found it on the net. Who stocks this?

post-169804-0-99432900-1473428013.jpg

• Praise 2

Sorry but I had a NG 8 bid for my fxt and I got it on 2nd bid when Coe went up.... Booked before the cat b Coe goes up 10k... So I m confused with TC way of bidding.

In May is different, as that time there is no such thing as 8 bids no guarantee. They change the non guarantee bid after AUG first bid. AUG first bid and before, you can go with the 6bids non guarantee and you will get the COE likely on first if not second bid. And now it apply the same for the 6 bids non guarantee. But now they have an extra category called 8 bids non guarantee which is about 2k lower than 6 bids non guarantee. Hence for the 8 bid non guarantee, it will be very difficult to get the COE unless there is a drastic drop in the COE price.

Like I have mentioned, on last wed bid I got my COE in the first bid for 6 bids non guaranteed and they bid around 55k for my COE. The CAT A COE drop to 51.5k from 53.8k in Aug last bid. And if I am not wrong a few of them here who was on the 8 bids non guarantee non of them got the COE so TC must have bil lower than 51.5k. Tha is why I ask those bro what is the amount that TC bid for them.

Ic... Then my se didn't tell me this... Initially it was a 6 bid NG then he change it to 8 NG. I tot there is no different as I m not in a hurry to get my wife's car. Sigh...Anyway, if didn't get after 8 bid then will look for other model... I think by then should have some new model coming.

Hi haronkr

Try looking up in Carosell

https://carousell.com/fjtom.doolee

Some products u can't use as it requires dismantling. Which i won't advise.

The battery wrap was indeed a thumbs up. U will feel a different.

Hi haronkr

Hi haronkr

Hi haronkr

Awesome. Thanks for the link. Can also get the cool wrap for the aircon piping.
↡ Advertisement