Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Many thanks for the info.

Hi Alky,

Looks very nice.

Can share what's the total damage and where you change?

I got it from lk performance Centre. It is at old toh tuck Road. 18" Rims and tyres cheaper than changing the 19 tyres. But old rims traded in. Contact them. I found them thru Carousell. Haha

I don't think so. The moment a new car becomes a second hand car, even for one day, the price drops a lot. People look at Nissan showroom and see a brand new QQ selling for $99,800 and there is absolutely no reason to buy this 6 month old QQ for just $2,000 cheaper, even considering it is a premium model compared to lite model.

I meant it's the newest but selling the cheapest. But yeah, value will surely drop.

At my last 10,000 km servicing, TC forgot to reset my servicing counter. So drove to Bukit Timah today to do that. At the same time, decided to sign up for NPMP. Just want to inform that they put the NPMP period as 11 June 2017 (estimated date of my next servicing) to 10 June 2019. But they don't follow the period strictly anyway.

And at the cashier, everyone was given something. Not sure if it is for Xmas or CNY. A calendar and a bag containing a pack of ang pow envelopes.  :mellow:

post-89424-0-63119100-1482146703_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

At my last 10,000 km servicing, TC forgot to reset my servicing counter. So drove to Bukit Timah today to do that. At the same time, decided to sign up for NPMP. Just want to inform that they put the NPMP period as 11 June 2017 (estimated date of my next servicing) to 10 June 2019. But they don't follow the period strictly anyway.

And at the cashier, everyone was given something. Not sure if it is for Xmas or CNY. A calendar and a bag containing a pack of ang pow envelopes.  :mellow:

Such as all zenon headlamp bulbs, fog lamp bulbs, 3rd brake light & interior lights are excluded.

What are things are included in the NPMP?

Such as all zenon headlamp bulbs, fog lamp bulbs, 3rd brake light & interior lights are excluded.

What are things are included in the NPMP?

If you intend to go back to TC for servicing, then it makes sense to sign up for NPMP. $1488 for next 4 servicings (20k, 30k, 40k & 50k km) is slightly cheaper than if you pay for the 4 servicing individually. I never really check what is included in the NPMP but I recall the service consultant mentioning additional certain items included i.e. brake pads, drive beltings, but I am not sure. Also, I could use $200 from Duo points.

If you intend to go back to TC for servicing, then it makes sense to sign up for NPMP. $1488 for next 4 servicings (20k, 30k, 40k & 50k km) is slightly cheaper than if you pay for the 4 servicing individually. I never really check what is included in the NPMP but I recall the service consultant mentioning additional certain items included i.e. brake pads, drive beltings, but I am not sure. Also, I could use $200 from Duo points.

Almost all parts are included > http://www.nissan.com.sg/ForOwners/NPMP%20W.E.F%20Nov%202013.pdf

WOW, I saved $1488 on NPMP since TC give me FOC on my car. YA!

Hi Kstoh and QQ2016,

Thanks again for supporting the whatsapp group on the 1.2L kmhr speedometer mod for minimum quanities on this customised mod.

Please call and proceed to Aestmod at 23 Geylang Lorong 11 next week Tuesday to Sat to see Keeves or Ah Boon to fit the mod else have to offer to other interested bro ...downtime is less than 1 hr for this customised sgd150 mod inclusive of installation:

http://www.aestmodauto.com/

Meanwhile, pls enjoy the photo of 1st bro done this lunch time.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-96543100-1482213390_thumb.jpg

Richard

Thanks for arranging this. I did mine just now. It's a lot of work for $150. It was a little nerve wracking to watch the worker rip out a lot of parts just to take out the instrument cluster. And then operate on the instrument cluster to change the speedometer fascia. But the end result is worth it. So I guess ours is a limited edition QQ1.2T with proper kmph speedometer!

post-89424-0-77508000-1482236494_thumb.jpg

post-89424-0-44533500-1482236775_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kstoh

Octane (or ron) does not let your car run faster but better grade petrol helps to clean the engine. Especially turbo engines, I have been using 98 Octane on my previous Turbo car. It helps to clean and maintain the engine better and driven for 5 years, engine still quiet, no knocking sound and no leaks.

My SE also said that it would help if we pump higher grade petrol once in a while to clean the engine. Planning to pump 98 at least once a month. Hopefully it will help in the long run..

VERY BIG

Hi Kiteman! Nice to know you yst and thanks for sharing your knowledge! Will definitely consider the HU when my stock fails Haha. Edited by Dez
  • Praise 1

Almost all parts are included > http://www.nissan.com.sg/ForOwners/NPMP%20W.E.F%20Nov%202013.pdf

WOW, I saved $1488 on NPMP since TC give me FOC on my car. YA!

Actually, if you service only the major 20k and 40k with TC with 30k outside, than overall cost cheaper. There's a lot of QQ out there and both original/OEM parts are abundant. 30k is just normal serving and if parts need to change can go back to TC if you have no lobang.

Except for belt and brake pads (total about 300+) other things like wiper blade, spark plugs etc are also included in 20/40k servicing. In fact, condition for changing the free items are on a need basis (not Bao Wan), so there's also a change that change only occur after 40k which is not covered.

A Friend of mine scratched and cracked the black plastic of the rear door and round wheel arc. TC quoted him almost 1K w/o GST. He went SIm Ming and got it both parts replaced for less than 600 inclusive of GST. Bros dun worry abt parts and workmanship la.... In fact, authorised workshops are the ones that employ cheap labour and FRESH ITE grads.

Actually, if you service only the major 20k and 40k with TC with 30k outside, than overall cost cheaper. There's a lot of QQ out there and both original/OEM parts are abundant. 30k is just normal serving and if parts need to change can go back to TC if you have no lobang.

Except for belt and brake pads (total about 300+) other things like wiper blade, spark plugs etc are also included in 20/40k servicing. In fact, condition for changing the free items are on a need basis (not Bao Wan), so there's also a change that change only occur after 40k which is not covered.

A Friend of mine scratched and cracked the black plastic of the rear door and round wheel arc. TC quoted him almost 1K w/o GST. He went SIm Ming and got it both parts replaced for less than 600 inclusive of GST. Bros dun worry abt parts and workmanship la.... In fact, authorised workshops are the ones that employ cheap labour and FRESH ITE grads.

Not really, TC will replace the brake pads in all service interval as long as the thickness is below 2mm under NPMP. So many years with TC, the only item I need to pay is the rear wiper blade and battery.

With my old ride, I've always used my own bosch aerotwin blades and they always remember to not replace them and put the new ones in my boot instead. Although after that, it's tough trying to sell them off on carousell. Gave away quite a few sets. Not to say no hiccups with servicing with the authorised, had a couple of bang table incidents before.

But yeah, there are definitely very decent alternatives out there. Back when my office was near AMK industrial park, it was even more convenient to drop off and pick up from autopoint.

Richard

Thanks for arranging this. I did mine just now. It's a lot of work for $150. It was a little nerve wracking to watch the worker rip out a lot of parts just to take out the instrument cluster. And then operate on the instrument cluster to change the speedometer fascia. But the end result is worth it. So I guess ours is a limited edition QQ1.2T with proper kmph speedometer!

Hey Kstoh,

Nice nice nice !! Guess below comparison says it all !

Waiting to fix me this Saturday ...impatiently ..keke !

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-12813100-1482300183_thumb.png

Richard

Before & After pictures as requested.

post-89424-0-40234900-1482300203_thumb.jpeg

Not really, TC will replace the brake pads in all service interval as long as the thickness is below 2mm under NPMP. So many years with TC, the only item I need to pay is the rear wiper blade and battery.

I agree. Tc npmp is one of the best in the market.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1