Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Yes, I felt the same way right after I collected my ride on Nov 2015.

I found out if you following my way, you will be more easy to shift for the next start:

Before you stop the engine and when still in D or any gear but not the P, apply the handbrake, once applied you can shift to P.

This is a bit of troublesome but when you start the engine again and you know how easy to shift.

Now is already a habit for me to do before off engine.

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup] 

I'm late... but just to share...

Made several reports when I first collected my car in Jan 16.

So finally the technician taught me... almost the same method.

Apply handbrake, shift the gear to N momentarily before moving it to P.

He explained that there is this "safety catch" thing that cause this difficulty in moving to D the next time...

Once u move to N, the catch will release...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Hi mh23,

Ok ..show off mine also ...this split screen screen for side rear passenger view can to aid parallel parking can ? Keke ...

Yes ...8" like stock with buttons and digital output to external processor !!!

Cheers.

Richard

Laoda

post-66060-0-81823700-1483592719.jpg

Hi Richard

My bad to bring up an old topic but cant seem to find the detailed discussion. 

Heading down soon for 10K servicing. 

Any recommendation on the type of synthetic oil to use? did you buy and bring down OR ask TC to use their synthetic oil?

Thanks!

Hi Pocy,

Sure ... especially for our hot 1.2 turbo engine because of hot exhaust being led back the engine chamber and hence the never-heard 4.63 litre of engine oil for 1.2L while my 2.4L estima uses only 4.25 litre of engine oil.

Synthetic engine oil breaks down at much higher temp than mineral engine oil and keeps the engine cleaner with less sludge which is formed when break down occurs unavoidably.  For turbo charge engine, it is strongly recommended to use synthetic engine oil which is not any more expensive for 10k km if you have to service every 5k km using mineral oil .... and the time and hassle for going to TC service center which is not exactly delightful.

Actually, you are already late .... I changed to synthetic oil at 1k and 5k also to flush out unavoidable Nissan factory's mineral oil ....

Cheers.

Richard

Hi mh23,

Ok ..show off mine also ...this split screen screen for side rear passenger view can to aid parallel parking can ? Keke ...

Yes ...8" like stock with buttons and digital output to external processor !!!

Cheers.

Richard

original.jpg

This one win liao!

• Praise 1

Hi bros . Want to bring up another old topic. How to redeem subwoofer using duo points? The vouchers on duo rewards all have minimum spending required ?

Secured my coe today for 1.2T Prem.

Can i still join the whatsapp group?

Hey Lucio,

Congras on your pending new ride !!!

Aside to Lucio and bros,

------------------------

Temporary hold to sort qashqai whatsapp group had been completed. Kindly pm dopeyone, mh23, ahboons or myself with your contact, full name to avoid confusing duplicates of common ones, color of ride, 1.2 or 2.0 and registration no. when available if you wish to join the group. Thanks for the patience and best regards.

Cheers.

Richard

original.jpg

This one win liao!

Hey kiteman,

Indeed win liao ..but think not safe !!

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Richard

My bad to bring up an old topic but cant seem to find the detailed discussion.

Heading down soon for 10K servicing.

Any recommendation on the type of synthetic oil to use? did you buy and bring down OR ask TC to use their synthetic oil?

Thanks!

Hey Jungguang5,

No nmps ?? Then buy any better eo like mobil 1 0/5w40 of >4.6l for 1.2l or 4l 0/5w30 for 2.0l to bring to TC.

For me with nmps, 10k km is with their shell helix ultra which cost sgd66 against sgd33-35 on frequent sale at giant, big box or ntuc. You can also use duo reward of sgd50 and pay sgd16.

Cheers.

Richard

Laoda

Hey CK,

Too late liao ....

Cheers.

Richard

I placed an order for the Integrated TPMS last Friday through ezbuy. Today, I received the following message from ezbuy:

Dear Customer; We have received this item, however, we are not familiar with this product. So we need your help to check based on the photos we attached and confirm if we can process for you. Thank you.

post-89424-0-50960900-1483621315_thumb.jpg

Another mod again...

LED License plate light and gear knob.

Hi Smikel,

The gear knob mod is nice ... cheap but high end felt and look.

I changed my licence LED to the one from ebay germany with 12 LEDs and now rides like a Xmas tree and think need to cover with red film for Chinese New Year liao ...haha !!

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Smikel,

The gear knob mod is nice ... cheap but high end felt and look.

I changed my licence LED to the one from ebay germany with 12 LEDs and now rides like a Xmas tree and think need to cover with red film for Chinese New Year liao ...haha !!

Cheers,

Richard

Yes, the gear knob is nice. Matches the bottom panel chrome.

Mine also 12 LEDs....

Thank you Richard. 

I didnt manage to bargain for NMPS at sales (I'm such a noob). 

shall buy mobil for my 1.2L

Thanks much!

Hey Jungguang5,

No nmps ?? Then buy any better eo like mobil 1 0/5w40 of >4.6l for 1.2l or 4l 0/5w30 for 2.0l to bring to TC.

For me with nmps, 10k km is with their shell helix ultra which cost sgd66 against sgd33-35 on frequent sale at giant, big box or ntuc. You can also use duo reward of sgd50 and pay sgd16.

Cheers.

Richard

Another mod again...

LED License plate light and gear knob.

The gear knob cover looks nice, matches the gear panel trims but I removed it cos it feels uncomfortable, particularly because my left hand likes to fiddle with the gear knob and the plastic always feel warm to touch. Had changed to leather wrap version.

I placed an order for the Integrated TPMS last Friday through ezbuy. Today, I received the following message from ezbuy:

1 thing i like about ezbuy is they will inspect the item and dont order blindly.

Thinking of changing the cabin lights (too dim)... is it hard to DIY? It is T10 connector right?

Super easy.... Yup. All T10, cabins, boot, license plates... all T10.

Hey all, came upon this from a few years ago. Any new mass buys taking place? I want!

Recommended Accessories for new owners :)

Front Styling Plate

attachicon.gif _0000_resizes_0004_KE540-4E50S_front styling plate.jpg

Chrome Premium Pack (includes front lip finisher, lower trunk finisher, rear glass finisher), comes in ice chrome also.

Front Lip Finisher

attachicon.gif 601x454_Gallery__0043_012A_QQ_P&A_web_13_V0.jpg

Lower Trunk Finisher

attachicon.gif resizes_0002_KE791-4E52C_trunk lower finisher chrome.jpg

Rear Glass Finisher

attachicon.gif resizes_0001_KE791-4E55C_rear glass finisher chrome.jpg

Entry Guards, some call it sill plates or kick plate

attachicon.gif Entry_Guards_large.jpg

Entry Guards (Illuminated)

attachicon.gif Illuminated_Entry_Guards_large.jpg

Add some pics for your reference

Trunk Entry Guard

attachicon.gif Trunk_Entry_Guard_large.jpg

Chrome Door Sill Strips

attachicon.gif resizes_0003_KE760-4E50C_side sills chrome.jpg

Soft Trunk Liner

attachicon.gif _0002_resizes_0001_KE965-4E0S0_soft trunk liner.jpg

Body Side Mouldings

attachicon.gif 601x454_Gallery__0013_042A_QQ_P&A_web_13_V0.jpgattachicon.gif 601x454_Gallery__0014_041A_QQ_P&A_web_13_V0.jpgattachicon.gif resizes_0001_resizes_0006_KE760-4E52B_body side mouldings black.jpg

Yes, I felt the same way right after I collected my ride on Nov 2015.

I found out if you following my way, you will be more easy to shift for the next start:

Before you stop the engine and when still in D or any gear but not the P, apply the handbrake, once applied you can shift to P.

This is a bit of troublesome but when you start the engine again and you know how easy to shift.

Now is already a habit for me to do before off engine.

Just so that nobody gets the idea that all QQs have some kind of gear shift problem, I want to state that I have no problem shifting gear from start, even though I always move gear to P, apply handbrake and stop engine. I even tried all combinations, like handbrake before P gear, or some other gear then handbrake, same result. No problem shifting gear. No need the troublesome manoeuvre of shifting to some other gear before parking.

I collected my car in June 2016, and I seem to recall that in the initial period, I may have some problems shift gear from start. So, this is likely a break-in problem or a problem that only affects some batches of QQs or perhaps the driver start to shift gear immediately before the car has properly completed the start up process.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1