Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

17 days after I took delivery of my qashqai and it can't start because of key system fault and have to be tow back to workshop. Did some research and read so many negative review on reliability. So disappointed with Nissan.

Seriously.... you must beenforce to get a nissan, that's why the ride give up on you too.

Was quoted around 107k for 1.2T Premium ytd. 

Anyone think it is a good deal? 

How is this drive? Well, my dad and I have not test drive because once we test drive means we gonna buy it so not gonna give my SE hopes up first.

Any big major issue I need to look out for? My dad said review for this wasnt very positive.

Try to negotiate a car alarm + opt out of TP HU (with 800~1000 discount), then prepare to be poison here.

↡ Advertisement

All cars have issues and the Qashqai is no different. Some of the issues I am aware of: lack of power sometimes when moving off, sounds from some places, not so smooth gear shift and apparently the first batch of not so good batteries that cannot cope with start/stop. But overall, it is still a very good car and I would highly recommend it, especially at this price point. Key system fault for a brand new car at 17th day is unheard of. Just unlucky, I guess.

What I am puzzled is various comments that there are many negative reviews on this car. Honestly, when I was researching on this car, I did not come across any negative review at all. Maybe I did not look hard enough. I am of course referring to actual reviews on the car, and not comments posted on forums like this by user. I would like to read these reviews so that I can better understand the potential problems with this car. Can Eatwind or The BunnyKiller kindly post the links to these reviews?

Don't worry. You can test drive as much as you like. Just know that for TC, the SE who serviced you would have locked you in as her customer once you test drive.

What is the policy? Is it free during first year and 50% after that?

The SC mentioned first two years 50%, after 2 years 25%. I kinda stopped listening by then, just needed to get it done lol

Seriously.... you must beenforce to get a nissan, that's why the ride give up on you too.

Try to negotiate a car alarm + opt out of TP HU (with 800~1000 discount), then prepare to be poison here.

sorry what is a TP HU?

Was quoted around 107k for 1.2T Premium ytd. 

Anyone think it is a good deal? 

How is this drive? Well, my dad and I have not test drive because once we test drive means we gonna buy it so not gonna give my SE hopes up first.

Any big major issue I need to look out for? My dad said review for this wasnt very positive.

wah, they quoted me 108.8k. 

which show room you went to? Leng Kee or Bkt Timah?

sorry what is a TP HU?

8" touchpanel headunit from nissan by default for premium package. you can opt for stock (conventional with touchpanel) HU with 800~1000 discount.

and ask for ex-stock (2016) which comes with 2000 discount if avaliable.

I ask for ex-stock, but giving a Feb 2017 ride.  [:p]

Edited by Diamond2006

Hello, 

Sorry if I did offend you. I didn't mean it. Was not exactly saying that it is a bad car. 

My dad just read it off base on sgcarmart reviews & I am here trying to gather as much info as I could. 

Of course I myself was introduced to it by my supplier and I actually get to test it. My dad didn't really read much from reviews from google or review website, just sgcarmart.  I hope you can oversee my inexperience in expressing my thoughts while choosing a car. After all, it is my first time purchasing a car.

No worries. Not offended at all.

Yes, there are some negative comments on sgcarmart but I don't really trust comments posted there. If you look at any car model, you will find all sorts of comments, postive and negative. Probably the only valid comment is the lack of power sometimes when moving off. The rest (eg brake failure, oil spill) seems to be one off incidents that you must be super unlucky to encounter. No doubt irritating and even dangerous but not the sort of widespread problems with some other cars.

If this is your first car, I think you will not go wrong. But best to look around and test drive other cars as well, so that you can make a comparison.

Guys just accidentally mount kerb TWICE in 2 days on my QQ 2.0 - Dun even ask me how cos I got no idea. Last time I mount kerb was YEARS AGO! Anyways, anyone can give advice - estimated cost of change rims? All 4 rims now got huge scratch mark. Might consider change for cosmetic reasons.

TIA
(Clumsy) Nash

Edited by nashstruck
  • Praise 1

8" touchpanel headunit from nissan by default for premium package. you can opt for stock (conventional with touchpanel) HU with 800~1000 discount.

and ask for ex-stock (2016) which comes with 2000 discount if avaliable.

I ask for ex-stock, but giving a Feb 2017 ride. [:p]

Unfortunately I was told by the sales in leng Kee showroom no more ex stock.

Sorry to ask this question which may seems really noob. Is there any difference between 2016 and 2017 version? Or even the 2015s? Looks exactly the same to me.

Guys just accidentally mount kerb TWICE in 2 days on my QQ 2.0 - Dun even ask me how cos I got no idea. Last time I mount kerb was YEARS AGO! Anyways, anyone can give advice - estimated cost of change rims? All 4 rims now got huge scratch mark. Might consider change for cosmetic reasons.

TIA

(Clumsy) Nash

New ride? Id drive the hell out of the rims to familiarise myself first. Then change. Otherwise might repeat again on the new ones.

Unfortunately I was told by the sales in leng Kee showroom no more ex stock.

Sorry to ask this question which may seems really noob. Is there any difference between 2016 and 2017 version? Or even the 2015s? Looks exactly the same to me.

ex (aka existing) stock is same as new stock. sometimes TC bring in additional cars and want to clear their stock asap, so they give discount incentives to buyers who are willingly to accept cars stored in warehouse for a 'prolong' period of time.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Eatwind,

Sorry to hear.

Yours being new production should have most issues ironed out by Nissan but sure, Qashqai J11 is a new platform and there are lessons learnt and this may be one unlucky production defect since not heard of 17 days after collection to have key system fault but at least have AD like TC to take care for you.

It is a great ride for a well priced compact SUV and there is really not many other options in this car class.

Hope you will appreciate your ride soon.

Cheers,

Richard

Hey YY,

Noted and thanks !!

Responded to your PM liao and catch up with you soon in the whatsapp main thread.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard, 

I have just collected my Nightshade QQ for 1 month. Good Quality and comfort ride. 

Can add me to the whatsapp group? I have just PM you. Thank in advance. :)

Thanks. 

TIA

(Clumsy) Nash

Hi Nashstruck,

Dun have to get rid of them cos scratch mark.

Would probably cost you SGD120-140 to get them repair till almost good as new.

With  your 2.0L, some bros did changed to 17" and pick up as well as FC improved quite a bit.  Hence 1.2L is with 17" cos different torque and power performance.

Cheers,

Richard

PS:  If  you will to get rid of them, I will fly down to pick them up in 2 minutes ...haha !

Hi Richard, 

I have just collected my Nightshade QQ for 1 month. Good Quality and comfort ride. 

Can add me to the whatsapp group? I have just PM you. Thank in advance. :)

Thanks. 

Hi ChunKitLam,

Got it and thanks.

Please await further advice.

Best regards,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

TIA

(Clumsy) Nash

Why don't you consider putty the marks and smoothen it out with fine sand paper gently and plastidip it? A lot cheaper but more tedious.

TIA

(Clumsy) Nash

Bro, is common for our 19" low profile tyre.

Have observe that most of the 2.0L owners kena too.

Juz need to be mindful of the turning radius and not to park very close to the kerb.

• Praise 1

sorry what is a TP HU?

wah, they quoted me 108.8k. 

which show room you went to? Leng Kee or Bkt Timah?

wahh i also kanna 108.8 haha. already paid and waiting hehehe

Neutral Newbie

Hi Eatwind,

Sorry to hear.

Yours being new production should have most issues ironed out by Nissan but sure, Qashqai J11 is a new platform and there are lessons learnt and this may be one unlucky production defect since not heard of 17 days after collection to have key system fault but at least have AD like TC to take care for you.

It is a great ride for a well priced compact SUV and there is really not many other options in this car class.

Hope you will appreciate your ride soon.

Cheers,

Richard

Hey YY,

Noted and thanks !!

Responded to your PM liao and catch up with you soon in the whatsapp main thread.

Cheers,

Richard

After the Sunny and the Cefiro,this is the 3rd Nissan I have own. One of the better handling car I have own also. BTW, Getting my ride back tmr, let's hear what Nissan have to say. Consumer should not be blame for being bad luck due to manufacturer defects.Anw, Tan Chong have reach out by giving me a complimentary car while mine is in their workshop.

My apologies, if I am not active in this forum. But do wave if you see a red qashqai drive pass. It could be me :)

Bro, is common for our 19" low profile tyre.

Have observe that most of the 2.0L owners kena too.

Juz need to be mindful of the turning radius and not to park very close to the kerb.

Noted with thanks. I damn paranoid now.

Why don't you consider putty the marks and smoothen it out with fine sand paper gently and plastidip it? A lot cheaper but more tedious.

Erm... I don't want to make it worse lol. Do u know of any good workshop that can do?

New ride? Id drive the hell out of the rims to familiarise myself first. Then change. Otherwise might repeat again on the new ones.

You make a good point. Kena 'scolded' by my dad for considering changing haha. 

He said sure happen again, which is true. No point spending money until very familiar with the ride.

6 months now!

Hi Nashstruck,

Dun have to get rid of them cos scratch mark.

Would probably cost you SGD120-140 to get them repair till almost good as new.

With  your 2.0L, some bros did changed to 17" and pick up as well as FC improved quite a bit.  Hence 1.2L is with 17" cos different torque and power performance.

Cheers,

Richard

PS:  If  you will to get rid of them, I will fly down to pick them up in 2 minutes ...haha !

Haha thanks Rich. I try asking TC how much just for fun - the serviceman also v surprised I want to do anything about it. 

He said sure happen. Might consider downsizing in future once tyre due - My QQ mileage on lower side so tyres still not due.

p.s. I attach photo of just one of the marks on one of the tyre - right now all 4 tyre got the mark. At least it's even throughout the car lol. Might look into repairing it sometime in future. Let me know if u got anyone to recommend.

Thanks all!

post-157740-0-10359700-1492495767_thumb.jpg

Edited by nashstruck

Noted with thanks. I damn paranoid now.

Erm... I don't want to make it worse lol. Do u know of any good workshop that can do?

You make a good point. Kena 'scolded' by my dad for considering changing haha.

He said sure happen again, which is true. No point spending money until very familiar with the ride.

6 months now!

Scratch stock ones still heartpain lah but if you scratch your forged or japanese aftermarket rims...wah can get depression. Lol
↡ Advertisement