Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

They really should have some kind of warning before the battery goes flat. Just like Fuel Tank near empty or Tire Pressure Low (if installed).

Maybe have but it died before relaying the final msg
↡ Advertisement

They really should have some kind of warning before the battery goes flat. Just like Fuel Tank near empty or Tire Pressure Low (if installed).

Hi KS,

Sure and BMW have liao and it is all about what market of your car and how much you pay even for TPMS, right ??  Some cars like Subaru comes with entry level of BBK that are standard in top of range sports cars but many cars, including our Qashqai does not.

http://www.bimmerscan.com/bmw-intelligent-battery-sensor-ibs/

This give continuous SOC and most importantly SOH which indicate if your battery had aged for replacement.

HOWEVER, this does not help in early failure that can happen any time which is the key issue with the stock EFB FIAMM battery that came with our 1.2L Qashqai.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi KS,

Sure and BMW have liao and it is all about what market of your car and how much you pay even for TPMS, right ??  Some cars like Subaru comes with entry level of BBK that are standard in top of range sports cars but many cars, including our Qashqai does not.

http://www.bimmerscan.com/bmw-intelligent-battery-sensor-ibs/

This give continuous SOC and most importantly SOH which indicate if your battery had aged for replacement.

HOWEVER, this does not help in early failure that can happen any time which is the key issue with the stock EFB FIAMM battery that came with our 1.2L Qashqai.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi KS,

Perhaps this answer to your query better:

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-regular-cars-lack-a-battery-health-indicator

Time to check out Citroen C2 ??  But please make sure included in local model or also removed like TPMS like our qashqai which is standard in UK and most of Europe.

Cheers,

Richard

Maybe have but it died before relaying the final msg

Do anyone know the air temp after the intercooler. I m curious because the intercooler is not in the path of the radiator fan, but the oil cooler is.

Is it necessary to do paint protection? What's the pro & con? Or should do it upon collection of new car? Need advise pls...thanks

Is it necessary to do paint protection? What's the pro & con? Or should do it upon collection of new car? Need advise pls...thanks

Just whether you like it or not.

Don't think PPS can really protect your car paint. It just a coating that apply on it let the car look more shiny n easy for washing n maintenance. But it cannot protect your car to free from water mark and bird shit.

Where did u get the rear bumper fog light?

Don't think PPS can really protect your car paint. It just a coating that apply on it let the car look more shiny n easy for washing n maintenance. But it cannot protect your car to free from water mark and bird shit.

From here...

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2702219-nissan-qashqai-2014-part-2/?p=5980678

(edited)

Batt went flat this morning aft returning from overseas. Had the car for abt 1yrs+.

The guy who came down did his job super quick. In and out in abt 10mins. And done. From Autolution Ubi.

Haronkr,

A bit on the hindsight for you since already changed but for those still on stock FIAMM EFB type for our stop-start cars, it may be prudent to get hold of the portable jump starter due to known high failure rate as compared to 3rd party vendors or even calling TC emergency help line.

On-site TC emergency is with added travel/labor of about SGD40 but more importantly, there had been some cases of not getting the latest FIAMM AGM type VR760 for 1.2L dig-T which seems to be more stable and AGM charges faster and discharge slower which is meant for hybrid which TC had started using probably due to all the early failures ..... there had be some suspected shortcoming on the charging circuit of our qashqai raised in qashqai UK forum.

Within 12 mths, replacement at TC service centre is FOC, within 24 mths will be at SGD125 or 50% of the SGD250.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

4th Gear

eBay also have!

post-26614-0-30481500-1493865605_thumb.jpg

post-26614-0-39436600-1493865654_thumb.jpg

Guys,

If you encounter rattling sounds (brrr...) from the center meter console during acceleration, do head down to TC to get it fix.

They troubleshoot my ride for 2 occassions and finally found the condensate pipes was responsible for the noise and changed 10 clips behind the dashboard. Now it's quiet as from day one.

• Praise 2

Guys,

If you encounter rattling sounds (brrr...) from the center meter console during acceleration, do head down to TC to get it fix.

They troubleshoot my ride for 2 occassions and finally found the condensate pipes was responsible for the noise and changed 10 clips behind the dashboard. Now it's quiet as from day one.

Thanks for the update, i face this issue also will highlight to them during next mon. you get it fix at which branch?

Thanks for the update, i face this issue also will highlight to them during next mon. you get it fix at which branch?

Bukit Timah.

Sorry it's the heater pipe, not condensate.. whatever, as long as they managed to fixed it.

post-166908-0-28074700-1493874075_thumb.jpg

post-166908-0-28074700-1493874075_thumb.jpg

(edited)

Batt went flat this morning aft returning from overseas. Had the car for abt 1yrs+.

The guy who came down did his job super quick. In and out in abt 10mins. And done. From Autolution Ubi.

Must give your friend car key and ask him start for you at least once in 2 days. Or at least that's what I do.

Used to drive 370z - Battery drinker. Just 4 days of not starting and already cannot start with aircon switch on. Jialat.

Used to change battery once per year almost. I bet our QQ (hopefully) not as bad  :chilling:

Edited by nashstruck
  • Praise 1

Must give your friend car key and ask him start for you at least once in 2 days. Or at least that's what I do.

Used to drive 370z - Battery drinker. Just 4 days of not starting and already cannot start with aircon switch on. Jialat.

Used to change battery once per year almost. I bet our QQ (hopefully) not as bad :chilling:

Lol...i hope not too. The car does rely heavily on electronics
  • Praise 1

Bukit Timah.

Sorry it's the heater pipe, not condensate.. whatever, as long as they managed to fixed it.

You chiong too hard lah haha

Thanks, was thinking of PPS to make car more shiny (dark metal grey) haha, but saw so many in the market, cannot decide which one? Zoom down to Groomers Lab or ST auto, any Bros here hv done & advice? Thanks

You chiong too hard lah haha

Boh lah, it must be the spiral ramp with speed regulating stripes all the way up and down to n fro my 4th flr office.
↡ Advertisement