Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Just signed on the dotted line for QQ 1.2t.

I do have a few questions of my own that might be repeated previously.

- wondering those who installed trotter Controllers back in 2015 and 2016, does it definitely not void warrenty and also doesn't add any stress to the car?

- HU, what's the cost of the android headunit with installation, as the original HU is rather buggy opted out for that one. Now thinking how to retro fit something in

- after the software patch back in 2016, did it solve the braking issue, the battery drain issue and also the other electronic issues of the car?

- lastly, any nagging issues so far you guys have observed about the QQ other than the clunking noises in the car?

Sorry for the WOT. Excited owner here

After software patch for my car, braking issue is gone.

Not too sure about battery drain as they replaced my battery even though the warranty expired by 1 month when I went for servicing and told them when starting the car, it felt as if no energy to start. About 4-5 months since then and no issues so far.

Nagging issues - have some rattling noise when accelerating, not sure what's the problem, maybe radiator hose loose or something like someone mentioned earlier. Will ask them to check when I bring down for next service - hope they can rectify since it'll be my last free servicing. If they don't, I'll probably make some noise to ensure it's gone.

Another will be when i'm accelerating on low speed. I usually drive on eco mode and when I'm accelerating lightly, the transmission feels jerky, something like when you drive a manual and you accidentally let the clutch out a bit too much and it sort of jerks. Revving harder will make it go away. Not sure if other bros here have this problem. Planning to change my CVT oil at autosaver (called a few, found out their the cheapest, pm me for price quoted, maybe can share if you have cheaper) and hopefully it solves this issue.

Can't answer your other questions as I have not done them. Hope I've helped and enjoy your ride!

Edited by pelican_
↡ Advertisement

Can any QQ 1.2A Dig-T 2017 (facelift) owners share the actual FC ?

Hi Daynn,

Should the same right ? Dun think any major change in only facelift 2018 version on engine and FC performance but sure, I can be wrong.

Cheers.

Richard

yup i know haha. just wanna see if any qashqaiers installed it and their reviews.

Hi Ken,

For those tiong H11 led, pls expect 9-12 mths life before it dies or dims. Still good though cos no other choice and HID is too obviously modded and bulbs also frequently dies.

Cheers.

Richard

- wondering those who installed trotter Controllers back in 2015 and 2016, does it definitely not void warrenty and also doesn't add any stress to the car?

- HU, what's the cost of the android headunit with installation, as the original HU is rather buggy opted out for that one. Now thinking how to retro fit something in

- after the software patch back in 2016, did it solve the braking issue, the battery drain issue and also the other electronic issues of the car?

- lastly, any nagging issues so far you guys have observed about the QQ other than the clunking noises in the car?

Hi iRoyh,

Congras !!!

Please let me try to answer your queries and other more experienced bros can add on:

- ethrottle controller does not void warranty at TC ..at least no indication for 80+ bros that I know including myself who do not remove before servicing. No added stress and highly recommended since user settable option with in-car comfort depending on your driving style and can makes significant difference ..only your FC increases if you want best response.

- 800 to 1100 depending on option e.g. ram size, video output etc. at Aestmod for best ips screens and also aftersales service with guaranteed steering control as original.

- braking issue 100% resolved after SW patch but previous fiamm ebs battery still NG due to suspected inferior recharging circuitry ...not sure if resolved in FL cos since so few. TC quite steady and replaced with more expensive agm type for 1.2L cos also stopstart feature. Not aware any other major electronic issues.

- lag during pick up that is alleviated by ethrottle but also depends if you drive hard like me and some bros

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Neutral Newbie

Thanks all for the response on the software update and information provided. It feels much better to know that there are less issues now and it seems like the etrottle does the trick.

Any reccommendation on the etrottle wih regards to brand and workshop to go to. I saw mcwell somewhere in the thread hahah. How much are we expecting to pay for that.

One nagging issue for the car is the power but maybe etrottle making the car more sensitive to acceleration might help loads

Let me add on to the rest of the inputs.

- throttle controllers wont void warranty or cause issues unless you are referring to chip tuning or piggybacks or ecu tuning.

- head unit. China android and branded units are easily available. Branded units like clarion pioneer alpine etc, would have better sound quality. Also depends whether how extensive you are upgrading your sound system as well.

- mine is a 2017 unit, and I would say most electronic related issues reported in the past are minimal. Depends on luck as well, as some owners have reported some issues, while others dont face them.

- other possible issues will be quality control issues. For instance, my stock head unit and leather seat issues is a common problem.

For led lights, a number that I know including myself has changed headlights, interior lights, rear license plate lights.

Can I know if rear signal lights can be changed to LED, without suffering from the quick blinking effect? Any plug n play kinds out in the market? I understand some owners need to retrofit resistors to avoid the quick blinks. Edited by Compositeb

Thanks all for the response on the software update and information provided. It feels much better to know that there are less issues now and it seems like the etrottle does the trick.

Any reccommendation on the etrottle wih regards to brand and workshop to go to. I saw mcwell somewhere in the thread hahah. How much are we expecting to pay for that.

One nagging issue for the car is the power but maybe etrottle making the car more sensitive to acceleration might help loads

Hi Iroyh,

Ethrottle sure makes notable difference ...get the small turbo to get quickky reach 1.75k rpm where torque max out.

Macwell charges sgd380 but they are the most experienced. You can also get from ebay or yahoo japan at 200+ and have Elite Cars to install for you at sgd30 ...like how I did an MO for some bros in whatsapp group.

Cheers.

Richard

Can I know if rear signal lights can be changed to LED, without suffering from the quick blinking effect? Any plug n play kinds out in the market? I understand some owners need to retrofit resistors to avoid the quick blinks.

Hi Compositeb,

One bro in whatsapp group did a big MO and even fitted for us. No hyperbinking in our case cos designed in liao but you need to ensure what you buy is advertised as such.

Cheers.

Richard

Ps: I dun have link else I share liao ..PM dopeyone to see if he can help.

Edited by richard_crl032

After software patch for my car, braking issue is gone.

Not too sure about battery drain as they replaced my battery even though the warranty expired by 1 month when I went for servicing and told them when starting the car, it felt as if no energy to start. About 4-5 months since then and no issues so far.

Nagging issues - have some rattling noise when accelerating, not sure what's the problem, maybe radiator hose loose or something like someone mentioned earlier. Will ask them to check when I bring down for next service - hope they can rectify since it'll be my last free servicing. If they don't, I'll probably make some noise to ensure it's gone.

Another will be when i'm accelerating on low speed. I usually drive on eco mode and when I'm accelerating lightly, the transmission feels jerky, something like when you drive a manual and you accidentally let the clutch out a bit too much and it sort of jerks. Revving harder will make it go away. Not sure if other bros here have this problem. Planning to change my CVT oil at autosaver (called a few, found out their the cheapest, pm me for price quoted, maybe can share if you have cheaper) and hopefully it solves this issue.

Can't answer your other questions as I have not done them. Hope I've helped and enjoy your ride!

Hi

After the software patch, still face the same braking issue a few times.  Faced the same jerky issue also, TC can't resolve it.

Depend on driving habit

Range from about 700km to 500km per tank

Subjected to driving condition

Got bore with led

And change to hid

How can it be possible for you to measure the FC when the 2017 facelift version is only released to the showrooms on Fri, 8th Sept?

Edited by Megadark
  • Praise 1

How can it be possible for you to measure the FC when the 2017 facelift version is only released to the showrooms on Fri, 8th Sept?

Although its only officially released last Friday, it has already made it appearances and orders could be made since early July. I managed to test-drive and see the face-lifted version on 1st Sep at Ubi, made my order then. Some bros here have made alr collected theirs early this month if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, that aside, the engine in the facelift model is the same as the old one, doubt there'll be much difference in the FC.

Edited by Karigon
  • Praise 2

Although its only officially released last Friday, it has already made it appearances and orders could be made since early July. I managed to test-drive and see the face-lifted version on 1st Sep at Ubi, made my order then. Some bros here have made alr collected theirs early this month if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, that aside, the engine in the facelift model is the same as the old one, doubt there'll be much difference in the FC.

Ah, I see. Thank you.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Iroyh,

Ethrottle sure makes notable difference ...get the small turbo to get quickky reach 1.75k rpm where torque max out.

Macwell charges sgd380 but they are the most experienced. You can also get from ebay or yahoo japan at 200+ and have Elite Cars to install for you at sgd30 ...like how I did an MO for some bros in whatsapp group.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Compositeb,

One bro in whatsapp group did a big MO and even fitted for us. No hyperbinking in our case cos designed in liao but you need to ensure what you buy is advertised as such.

Cheers.

Richard

Ps: I dun have link else I share liao ..PM dopeyone to see if he can help.

Thanks Richard! Let me know if you are doing another MO for this if not I'll just head down to mcwell!

In the meantime probably stick to the stock HU for awhile don't see a requirement to change.

Any feedback with the quality of the leather seats?

• Praise 1

Thanks Richard! Let me know if you are doing another MO for this if not I'll just head down to mcwell!

In the meantime probably stick to the stock HU for awhile don't see a requirement to change.

Any feedback with the quality of the leather seats?

Hi Iroyh,

Paiseh but wun be doing another MO.

Find ways e.g. via vpost to buy this new compact version with required th-05a harness and go elite car to install if not going to mcwell for the std version with same functionalities. Epivot ethrottle is super reliable and both mine in qashqai and forester arr from previous sunny and estima ..great ROI of >10 years.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/262295844725

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Did I say I drove a new qashqai .......?????
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1