Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

First time is free. Subsequent is $120.

I was told by TC that the cost is S$30 for every update of maps after the 1 free update. Can any bro who has been charged for map update confirm?

↡ Advertisement

I was told by TC that the cost is S$30 for every update of maps after the 1 free update. Can any bro who has been charged for map update confirm?

mine belong to the earlier batch, using dabonda in-car camera. not sure the price difference applies to respective unit or they reduce for all.

Neutral Newbie

Hi babyjyo,

Autofolding also got simplex or duplex version.

I paid before collection and got the simplex version which only opens when engine is started and not duplex version which opens when unlocked.  

I change to aftermarket SGD65 duplex one at Aestmod and I wish to have have no double on locked condition via folded mirror from afar.

Please check with SE if it bothers you to have duplex version like me.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Kelvin,

You may wish to consider alternative 3M/3A cut out rear boot map that looks cosy and nicer imho in any typical car mat colors for probably sgd40-50.  Your SE can also throw in as freebies if you insist ??  

Cheers,

Richard

The FL QQ does come with autofolding mirrors as standard. On the FL, I can toggle between "unfold mirrors when engine start" and "unfold mirrors when doors unlocked" using the dashboard software itself. It is also not an item reflected on the sales contract and I think its because it is a stock feature.

Hi Richard, any contacts to buy the 3M/3A cut out rear boot mat?

Edited by ohdan

The FL QQ does come with autofolding mirrors as standard. On the FL, I can toggle between "unfold mirrors when engine start" and "unfold mirrors when doors unlocked" using the dashboard software itself. It is also not an item reflected on the sales contract and I think its because it is a stock feature.

Hi Richard, any contacts to buy the 3M/3A cut out rear boot mat?

Hi Hi Dan,

Nice ! FL owners no problem liao then.

Ready stock of 3M/3A/ and in between korean one can be purchased from same supplier to TanChong, MI etc. here:

https://3acarmats.com.sg

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi bros,

Yesterday finally changed stock continental contact 5 tyres after 52k km although can probably go to 60k km since still quiet but with slight uneven wearing.

Michelin Primacy 3 ST from Thailand is indeed wonderfully quiet and hardly can hear any road/tyre noise .... travelling on MCE is like riding on flying carpet .... I kid you not.  Wet driving condition in last 2 days is also more than acceptable for such comfort based and quiet tyres.

Will be changing my FXT to Michelin Primacy 3 ST next week too ... it is that good.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Kelvin,

Return button at highest level of menu item will have no response for obvious reason  ... you are to page it to next item at this highest level of the menu.  Hope just a little confused and not any fault.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Jif,

Not sure if you had use them like I did on my scrapped estima.

It is small and have little use imho.

I fitted split screen processor and mounted camera to passenger's side mirror to address CO's concern on poor visibility when trying to parallel park after no success in getting usual autotilt mirror for qashqai.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi richard,

u can consider Continental tyres too.. 

not bad also

Hi richard,

u can consider Continental tyres too.. 

not bad also

Hi Clement,

Thanks ... but Michelin Primacy 3 ST for me without doubt and I am not into performance tyres while grip is fine for comfort base tyres.

I am changing the 3rd set of 1 week old Continental CPC6 for my FXT to Michelin Primacy 3 ST from Thailand.  CPC6 is ok without pitching noise like the 2nd set of Pirelli Scorpion Verdes I tried for 1 weeks also but overall noise is higher and I dun want to give the FXT any more excuse and hence the quietest Michelin Primacy 3 ST that I had experienced.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Clement,

Thanks ... but Michelin Primacy 3 ST for me without doubt and I am not into performance tyres while grip is fine for comfort base tyres.

I am changing the 3rd set of 1 week old Continental CPC6 for my FXT to Michelin Primacy 3 ST from Thailand. CPC6 is ok without pitching noise like the 2nd set of Pirelli Scorpion Verdes I tried for 1 weeks also but overall noise is higher and I dun want to give the FXT any more excuse and hence the quietest Michelin Primacy 3 ST that I had experienced.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

I'm really really curious. How do you managed to be able to keep changing and testing tires? Did you try them for free? Or do you buy them? And if it is the latter, what do you do with the previously new set of 1-week old tires?

I too would really like to test tires before committing... Can you share with us your secret... Hehe...

Edited by QQ2017

Hi Clement,

I am changing the 3rd set of 1 week old Continental CPC6 for my FXT to Michelin Primacy 3 ST from Thailand.  CPC6 is ok without pitching noise like the 2nd set of Pirelli Scorpion Verdes I tried for 1 weeks also but overall noise is higher and I dun want to give the FXT any more excuse and hence the quietest Michelin Primacy 3 ST that I had experienced.

Cheers,

Richard

ohh!!! but CPC6 is good!

Hi Richard,

I'm really really curious. How do you managed to be able to keep changing and testing tires? Did you try them for free? Or do you buy them? And if it is the latter, what do you do with the previously new set of 1-week old tires?

I too would really like to test tires before committing... Can you share with us your secret... Hehe...

I think he trade in... ahaha....

The 1st time free is for how Long after possession of car?

Did not ask, but I think there's no time limit since they have a record of whether you have used up that free upgrade. I'm guessing as long as the car is still under warranty, you are entitled.

Hi Hi Dan,

Nice ! FL owners no problem liao then.

Ready stock of 3M/3A/ and in between korean one can be purchased from same supplier to TanChong, MI etc. here:

https://3acarmats.com.sg

Cheers.

Richard

Good to see 3A car mat still around. I was your customer many years ago.

Wow! So expensive especially in today context where most of us are using Google map.

The only situation where I will use more actively will be probably when I'm in Malaysia (assuming the map data includes Malaysia) where data plan may not be readily available upon entry.

U don't need data plan to use google maps. In google maps u can download offline maps for the area u are visiting before u go overseas after which u can use google maps for navigation without data, just that u won't get traffic conditions info (u don't get traffic info on the HU navigation as well so no diff).

ohh!!! but CPC6 is good!

I think he trade in... ahaha....

Hi Clement,

Stock traded in, Pirelli Scorpion traded in and CPC sold to fellow FXT owner who needed new set of tyres for some reduced cost.

Michelin Primacy 3 ST to keep and I am ok with non performance tyres since not like those balls of steel fxt owners ... just a 55 yr old uncle into soon-to-be retirement years.

Cheers,

Richard

↡ Advertisement