Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Hi DriveCar,

Why you want DRL permanently off ??

Also not sure if you will have error cos bcm would detected missing load.

We need elegent solutions and options.

Cheers.

Richard

It's not something that I want. I was just replying to your post in which u mentioned "off at all times".
↡ Advertisement

Hi Kelvin,

I am using almost 10 yr old Pivot Drive ethrottle but yes, similar ethrottle like the ECUTech Power throttle but I would recommend made in japan Pivot instead:

http://mcwellonline.com.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83&search=pivot

For ethrottle I can say with resounding NO one engine so far cos I had timing chain cover leakage and other engine work fully serviced under warranty by Tanchong with ethrottle installed and shown obviously in dashboard for last almost 2 years. Gearbox had not failed yet and so I cannot say but just hide it if you have concern ... I would not bother like probably 80 bros in the whatsapp group

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks Bro, I will go and get from Mcwell.

They do the installation Too?

Thanks Bro, I will go and get from Mcwell.

They do the installation Too?

Good morning Kelvin,

350 includes installation and warranty.

If ok to pamper your ride, do get the sgd105 K&N air filter and follow the earlier shared sgd2 mod for improved air intake.

Enjoy and pls share your tots after fixing the pivot ethrottle and setting of say sp3 before getting excited for even higher setting ..yes, I am confident that you can no longer do without it until you change to Pulstar or Brisk performance plugs.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: You or any bros wishing new lelong brisk performance plug set at sgd80 and installation of sgd30-40 at Elite Cars Venture pls PM me.

Hi Kelvin,

It is typical for the 1.2L to otherwise a great composed, well insulation and great handling ride.

I always recommend mandatory ethrottle, brisk/pulstar performance sparks, K&N/Hurricane performance air filter and surbos to alleviate this phenomenon.

Ethrottle is especially effective to get to 1.75k rpm where our turbo max out on the required torque of 160+ Nm.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Clement,

Sorry ... michelin Primacy 3 ST dun have 235/55/18 (mixed up with michelin Latitude Sport 3 that has the 55 profile but more performance oriented and hence nosier) but 235/50/18 instead for my fxt but have 216/60/17 for our qashqai 1.2L.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Drive,

If in Singapore and using offline map of googlemap to save data, you loses one of the key live traffic functionality of googlemap.

For offline map, sygic with most accurate turn by turn instructions and alerted will be the #1 choice which you also have to pay extra for live traffic.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi richard,

"Ethrottle is especially effective to get to 1.75k rpm where our turbo max out on the required torque of 160+ Nm."

Er... Very chim for me.

Can explain in layman term? U mean even b4 2k rpm we can max the turbo output of the engine? Paiseh.. Really know nuts about engine and pickup torque.

Hi richard,

"Ethrottle is especially effective to get to 1.75k rpm where our turbo max out on the required torque of 160+ Nm."

Er... Very chim for me.

Can explain in layman term? U mean even b4 2k rpm we can max the turbo output of the engine? Paiseh.. Really know nuts about engine and pickup torque.

Hi newflqq,

Not sure FL qashwsi but if your refer to spec of pre FL, max torque of 160nm+ is at 1.75k rpm.

My thinking is that with ethrottle you can adjust throttle response to be more sensitive at the expense of FC to reach this 1.75k rpm or max torque and hence betta pick up.

Hope this make sense.

Cheers.

Richard

Good morning Kelvin,

350 includes installation and warranty.

If ok to pamper your ride, do get the sgd105 K&N air filter and follow the earlier shared sgd2 mod for improved air intake.

Enjoy and pls share your tots after fixing the pivot ethrottle and setting of say sp3 before getting excited for even higher setting ..yes, I am confident that you can no longer do without it until you change to Pulstar or Brisk performance plugs.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: You or any bros wishing new lelong brisk performance plug set at sgd80 and installation of sgd30-40 at Elite Cars Venture pls PM me.

Bro,

The kn filter,sgd02 mod and the pulstar plug all can be done at Mcwell?

• Praise 1

Bro,

The kn filter,sgd02 mod and the pulstar plug all can be done at Mcwell?

Hi Kelvin,

K&N filter yes but pulstar sparks from ebay seller and fitting in any workshop or elite cars venture cos he knows qashqai from me and 30-40 to do so. Sgd2 you can try lah else pm me and I do for you.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Guys, have any FL QQ owners changed their rims and was told the TPMS will have to be dismantled and removed? Anybody managed to transfer the TPMS to new rims and tyes?

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Hi richard,

"Ethrottle is especially effective to get to 1.75k rpm where our turbo max out on the required torque of 160+ Nm."

Er... Very chim for me.

To further add to Richard's explanation.....

A throttle is a device (valve) controlling the flow of fuel or air or power to an engine regulated by the accelerator pedal.  In modern vehicles, movement of the accelerator pedal is fed into a Engine Control Unit (ECU), a computerized system which controls the flow of fuel and air.  The ECU is factory programmed for specific car performance to achieve rated and specified fuel consumption, etc. 

An E-throttler is a after-sale add-on device (not from factory) which interfaces to the ECU to further optimize the throttle performance characteristic of the car.  With the E-throttle, the ECU can be "programmed" to allow increase flow of fuel/air so that engine reaches the 1,750 rpm faster where the engine will operate at its maximum torque of 165Nm. 

At max. torque, your car will enjoy the best pick-up performance (from stationary). With E-throttle, your car will get to the max. torque in a shorter time...  Essentially you will feel less of a drag from moving off from stationary...

Below are charts taken from a E-throttle supplier.  The black line represent the factory programmed ECU performance.  The blue/green lines represent the performance of the ECU after the E-throttle is fitted. The blue lines means that the ECU (throttle opening) allows greater flow of fuel/air for the same rate of accelerator pedal motion, which will help get the engine to the max torque at 1,750 rpm in a shorter time... btw, opening throttle bigger will have an impact of greater fuel consumption which Richard mentioned too.

The 2nd chart is the torque/horsepower performance of the Qashqai 1.2 Dig-T.  You will notice that the max. torque of 165Nm is at 1,750 rpm. Max. torque will help to get car moving from stationary position.  Once the car is in motion, it does not require as much torque to keep it moving further or to accelerate.  That is why the torque curve tapers off after 1,750 rpm.  

Hope this helps...

post-185926-0-07917700-1510411484.jpg

post-185926-0-60140300-1510411501_thumb.jpg

Edited by QQ2017
  • Praise 2

Hi bros,

Sharing this sgd2 mod for 1.2l bros that is fully reversible and cannot imagine any concern to be raised by tanchong.

This mod for direct and fresh cool air thru front grill is based on original idea by bro dopeyone here with some variation and I find pick up choking up before 3k rpm when needing to rev up ... is no longer there.

Our small little engine rev sweetly to 3.5-4.0k rpm before gear change ..perfect !

Enjoy !

Richard

Hi Richard, i wanna give you a praise but out of limit liao. i always love this kinda of innovative mod that allows more air to engine. What a good work!
  • Praise 4

Hi Guys, have any FL QQ owners changed their rims and was told the TPMS will have to be dismantled and removed? Anybody managed to transfer the TPMS to new rims and tyes?

Thanks.

I did. They have to cut the rubber on the stem before removing the sensor. Hence, the stem could not be used again. Check with shop first if they have the stem.
  • Praise 1

Hi Richard, i wanna give you a praise but out of limit liao. i always love this kinda of innovative mod that allows more air to engine. What a good work!

Hi DopeyOne,

Thanks but it was bro DopeyOne here that noticed the restrictive airflow and came of the idea of doing the improvement. I just wanted it to be reversible and hence this sgd2 way.

Cheers.

Richard

So how different is an E throttle from simply mashing the pedal and giving it some gas?

Hi therock,

My opinion on E throttle is that it is an additional aid to pleasant driving. It's like having power steering and power windows instead of manual steering and windows. You don't need it but good to have it. Nowadays the latter items are standards. Why manufacturers have not adopted the E throttle idea universally in their cars is due to legislative concerns rather than anything else. Maybe soon?

For about $350 and I think it can be easily disable or removed, you could consider. Personally I have not own one so sorry no reviews.

There are many others who have given good reviews.

Best Regards

[drivingcar]:yeah-im-not-drunk::grin:

• Praise 1

Thanks bro

After my stint driving one in UK, I love the interior, the soft touch materials, the many safety features, and the seats are very comfortable for long distance driving.

Legroom at the back is ok, around the same or slightly better than the Mazda 3, but the throttle response ... I drove a 1.6 Tdi, which had a very solid torque band, so when I came back, one of the first cars I test drove was the 1.2T... 

I really missed the tdi... 

I did. They have to cut the rubber on the stem before removing the sensor. Hence, the stem could not be used again. Check with shop first if they have the stem.

Thanks. Any idea what the stem is called and how much is it? Does the TPMS functions properly after changing?

So how different is an E throttle from simply mashing the pedal and giving it some gas?

Hi the rock,

Simple answer will be that your feet will never be as sensitive or as quick as the electrons moving in the ethrottle.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi therock,

My opinion on E throttle is that it is an additional aid to pleasant driving. It's like having power steering and power windows instead of manual steering and windows. You don't need it but good to have it. Nowadays the latter items are standards. Why manufacturers have not adopted the E throttle idea universally in their cars is due to legislative concerns rather than anything else. Maybe soon?

For about $350 and I think it can be easily disable or removed, you could consider. Personally I have not own one so sorry no reviews.

There are many others who have given good reviews.

Best Regards

[drivingcar]:yeah-im-not-drunk::grin:

Hi robtot,

Oreli have ..The S and S# settings i fxt and also turbo harrier are the similar among others with sport mode etc. and obviously with higher FC.

The only difference is that there is limited settings and with ethrottle, you have more combination and while ethrottle is only on control of throttle, I believe S, S#, sport mode etc. also add airfuel control ..dunno.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement