Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Hi everyone,

Been driving a pre-FL qashqai for over 2 years now. Im really digging the D-shaped steering wheel found in the face-lifted models. Was wondering if anyone knows of workshops that sell and install them? 

Thanks!

I have a question about the car lights.

When the headlights are on, and I close the driver's door and lock the car, the lights will turn off automatically after a few seconds.

However, if I close the passenger side door and lock the car, the lights will stay on.

Any idea why it is like this? Is it a feature or something?

Hi everyone,

Been driving a pre-FL qashqai for over 2 years now. Im really digging the D-shaped steering wheel found in the face-lifted models. Was wondering if anyone knows of workshops that sell and install them?

Thanks!

Any part of the car can be ordered by any workshop as a spare part for repairs.

But whether it fits is another question.

Edited by DriveCar

Got this from homefix for $4+. Super bright led. Button at the centre uses 4 AAA batt. Theres another version like a big switch that uses 3 AAAs.

Comes with velcro at the back and 2 magnets. Gonna put this in the boot as a lazy person's lighting quickfix haha

post-169804-0-45560900-1518954578_thumb.jpg

Edited by haronkr
  • Praise 3

Got this from homefix for $4+. Super bright led. Button at the centre uses 4 AAA batt. Theres another version like a big switch that uses 3 AAAs.

Comes with velcro at the back and 2 magnets. Gonna put this in the boot as a lazy person's lighting quickfix haha

I'm lazier than u. I bought something similar but with motion sensor so don't need to press on/off. Haha.
  • Praise 1

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hi Harhar,

Think you will have to wait and buy off ebay.uk since it will not be easier available when new like now.

From the below, a brand new pre FL one is oreli sgd400-600 not including shipping, installation etc. and this would be a sgd1k mod if new even if available and wiring works which no workshop will guarantee:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&mvsub=1&_mcatda=true&selcontext=productType%3ACAR_AND_TRUCK&selfil=2%2C3%2C1%2C9%2C8&selvel=Nissan~Qashqai~2017~J11%252C%2520J11_%2520%255B2013-2018%255D%2520SUV~1.2%2520DiG-T~J11%252C%2520J11_&_nkw=steering%20wheel%20Nissan%20Qashqai%202017%20J11%2C%20J11_%201.2%20DiG-T

BTW, you have to get use to using D style steering and not anymore functional or perhaps even harder to get out of difficult situation .. for your consideration only and my limited experience on them.

Cheers,

Richard

aestmod charges $80 to install new blackvue purchased from them

Hi Wildfaye,

Sgd80 is quite standard minimally while free lance installers at Carousell offer sgd50 to do so but think betta to go back to proper shop since electrical gadgets regardless where one bought their car DVR.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Just installed a set of 4 strut bars for the Qashqai. Done at E-Rev Motorsports.

post-165460-0-73685900-1519462038_thumb.jpg

Front bar linking the two suspension towers together

post-165460-0-49798800-1519462042_thumb.jpg

Mounting point for front bar. Replaces the original bracket (sorry I don't have picture, you can check out your own car)

post-165460-0-04308300-1519462046_thumb.jpg

Front lower arm bar

post-165460-0-54198400-1519462049_thumb.jpg
Rear lower arm bar and anti-roll bar

post-165460-0-49726500-1519462052_thumb.jpg

Reduced ground clearance in the middle with anti-roll bar. But still higher than suspension's lowest point, so OK.

post-165460-0-66261600-1519462055_thumb.jpg

Reduced ground clearance with front lower arm bar. Should be OK since this is not a lowered car.

Disadvantages:

1) Slightly heavier car weight due to additional bars.

2) Slightly reduced ground clearance, but not an issue on normal roads and humps, unless you plan to go off road.

3) Access to bottom oil pan is restricted, need certain technique to remove easily.

Advantages:

1) Much less body roll when taking sweeping corners at higher speed (such as entrance/exit of expressways).

2) Steering accuracy is improved. A small movement on steering wheel used to have no effect on steering, but now even a little movement will translate to steering.

• Praise 1

Disadvantages:

1) Slightly heavier car weight due to additional bars.

2) Slightly reduced ground clearance, but not an issue on normal roads and humps, unless you plan to go off road.

3) Access to bottom oil pan is restricted, need certain technique to remove easily.

Advantages:

1) Much less body roll when taking sweeping corners at higher speed (such as entrance/exit of expressways).

2) Steering accuracy is improved. A small movement on steering wheel used to have no effect on steering, but now even a little movement will translate to steering.

how much?

Hey guys!

This is my first time being actively involved with my parents to get a new car as it will help me to understand our car buying system and jargons in sg.

We're strongly considering the qq 1.2t, my aunt is also using it and they have great reviews about it! Haven't read this thread totally but am slowly going through page my page!

What are some of the important things/add on that is good and useful for the QQ? Like I've read few pages back, the 360 cam and the reverse sensor!

Is the inbuilt GPS good for you guys? I was thinking of opting out of it (save $800) as I feel phone GPS is good enough.. My aunt also said it's just okok.

Hope you guys can share what add ons did your SE gave you too so I can try my luck too! Haha.. Thank you!

• Praise 2

Hey guys!

This is my first time being actively involved with my parents to get a new car as it will help me to understand our car buying system and jargons in sg.

We're strongly considering the qq 1.2t, my aunt is also using it and they have great reviews about it! Haven't read this thread totally but am slowly going through page my page!

What are some of the important things/add on that is good and useful for the QQ? Like I've read few pages back, the 360 cam and the reverse sensor!

Is the inbuilt GPS good for you guys? I was thinking of opting out of it (save $800) as I feel phone GPS is good enough.. My aunt also said it's just okok.

Hope you guys can share what add ons did your SE gave you too so I can try my luck too! Haha.. Thank you!

the car should already have a reverse cam. 360 cam is unnecessary if it doesnt come as default.

with regards to gps, it depends on your expectations. it is still good as a back up. generally, using google maps or waze on the phone is a better choice.

a discount is better instead of freebies. =) you might be able to get better stuff outside. it also depends how flexible your sales advisor is. most value added ones would be subwoofers, car mats, boot mats..

• Praise 1

Thanks for your responses guys! Really appreciate the community here. 

I was reading this thread and realize that there are quite a few issues for QQ 1.2T as well.. how are some of your experiences so far, and some of the common issues?

Am currently debating over this or the Tucson 1.6T, not a fair comparison I know, but my parents like Tucson as we had the 2005 model till scrap. But QQ pricing is $15K cheaper!