Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Dear friends,

I reversed into a pillar and cracked one of my rear lights. No other damages. TC quoted me $380 for the tail light unit (one side) but I reckon it is a little on the high side.

Appreciate if you could PM me if you know of any reasonable workshops in SIn Ming area for replacement. 

Have a nice day ahead.

↡ Advertisement

Need some help guys, I’m sure it’s been mentioned before but abit difficult to find answers as thread is abit long, sorry. I’m still at the qashqai thread part 1 pages.

Basically, car got into a minor accident sometime back, but nothing serious on my 2017 qashqai 2.0. Last sat went to TC to install the front turning sensor and at the same time tot of asking TC to repair my front bumper which was slightly misaligned and replacement of front grill due to some scratches. However the mech found that both the headlamp’s catch holding on the top part of the front bumper were damaged, thus causing the front bumper to dislodge. (Refer to picture)

I was told that in order to get it fully repaired, I had to change both headlamps which cost $1600 each and that’s excluding the respraying of front bumper and radiator grill replacement. Apparently, for the headlamp, u can’t just buy the housing where the catch is and that it sells as a whole piece. Both my headlamp is actually working perfectly fine. After days of research, it appears that to have it repaired is more economically sound.

So my question is this:-

anyone knows where I can get this type of damage repaired? (If it’s metal piece it’ll be easier as I think it can be welded, but I believed the catch is plastic part so I’m not sure how it can be repaired)

PS: I’ve actually sent several emails looking for used headlamp to many shops in mycarforum but to no avail.

attachicon.gif4BC07A5B-0DA1-4AFF-A082-B03A497DE55E.jpegattachicon.gifD5A63CF3-6F42-4568-B199-AF35AB438881.jpeg

Just some orientation, I took the photo while I was standing in front on my car and the first pic is the driver side headlamp and the 2nd pic is the passenger side headlamp.

Hi Wai437

You may like to try plastic bumper kit eg bondo. Some comes with patch which normally use for cracks and holes but should be able to 'build up' broken parts.Save you tons of money if successful.

Regards   :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Hi Wai437

You may like to try plastic bumper kit eg bondo. Some comes with patch which normally use for cracks and holes but should be able to 'build up' broken parts.Save you tons of money if successful.

Regards :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Thanks Robtot, I’ll google it further. Much appreciated.

Any other bros have any other ideas? Exploring my available options

Dear friends,

I reversed into a pillar and cracked one of my rear lights. No other damages. TC quoted me $380 for the tail light unit (one side) but I reckon it is a little on the high side.

Appreciate if you could PM me if you know of any reasonable workshops in SIn Ming area for replacement. 

Have a nice day ahead.

I used to go to City Auto in Sin Ming area for my servicing.

Maybe you wanna give them a call to check it out? [flowerface]

Anyone of you ever install a front camera and link to HU for viewing?

Any shop to recommend?

Thanks

Hi JT88

I actually bought this and got Aestmod to install.

新款凌度汽车行车记录仪双镜头高清夜视24小时监控360度全景无线 https://m.ezbuy.sg/product/51000111832074?src=Background

Pretty good so far, of cse different from your requirement of appearing in HU.

Hope this helps!

Hi bros, do you all have any lobang to buy the LED lights for our headlamps as the one i bought previously has started to die when it overheats. I opened my bonnet and noticed the fan for the the LED headlamp has died and once the bonnet temperature is hot, the LED will start to flicker. My car is the 2015 model.

Do I just replace the bulbs or i can use back the tiong LED ballast/transformer?

Hi bros, do you all have any lobang to buy the LED lights for our headlamps as the one i bought previously has started to die when it overheats. I opened my bonnet and noticed the fan for the the LED headlamp has died and once the bonnet temperature is hot, the LED will start to flicker. My car is the 2015 model.

Do I just replace the bulbs or i can use back the tiong LED ballast/transformer?

Hi Koh,

I use this especially since they have 5000k temp ones which is not too white and matches our DRL (mine is also Nov 2015):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/All-in-One-Car-Headlights-9005-P6-LED-HB3-9005-Bulb-Auto-Front-Bulb-55W-5200lm/32621819015.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.AQpS3E

1 pair last 9 months and 2nd pairs used for last 15 months.

I have spare ones that I can loan you and you can return me when your order ones arrives but please ensure return is only 5000k temp only ... please PM me and I can fit for you this weekend.

Cheers,

Richard

(edited)

Dear friends,

I reversed into a pillar and cracked one of my rear lights. No other damages. TC quoted me $380 for the tail light unit (one side) but I reckon it is a little on the high side.

Have a nice day ahead.

Hi Warlock,

Sgd380 is reasonable and I would do it at TanChong then.

Warrantied in case big shit leakage.

Else go ebay.uk for used one and diy for less than sgd150 ?

http://r.ebay.com/tk9sNO

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Koh,

Use back ballast only from same brand/supplier of led.

High voltage electrical stuff betta to be 200% sure and avoid bring a statistic in car fires in stomp and straits times.

Cheers.

Edited by richard_crl032

(edited)

Thanks Robtot, Iâll google it further. Much appreciated.

Any other bros have any other ideas? Exploring my available options

Hi Wai,

Get a used pair which are from ebay uk .... take your time to choose excellent used ones.

Less than sgd500 including shipping, gst and installation.

Not sure and doubt any adhesive with these broken plastic parts of the headlights will work especially longer term.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-98391300-1523070860_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

Thanks all for the advice! Will hunt around in Sin Min area and compare.

Hi Warlock,

Sgd380 is reasonable and I would do it at TanChong then.

Warrantied in case big shit leakage.

Else go ebay.uk for used one and diy for less than sgd150 ?

http://r.ebay.com/tk9sNO

Cheers.

Richard
Hi Koh,

Use back ballast only from same brand/supplier of led.

High voltage electrical stuff betta to be 200% sure and avoid bring a statistic in car fires in stomp and straits times.

Cheers.

• Praise 1

Hi Koh,

I use this especially since they have 5000k temp ones which is not too white and matches our DRL (mine is also Nov 2015):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/All-in-One-Car-Headlights-9005-P6-LED-HB3-9005-Bulb-Auto-Front-Bulb-55W-5200lm/32621819015.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.AQpS3E

1 pair last 9 months and 2nd pairs used for last 15 months.

I have spare ones that I can loan you and you can return me when your order ones arrives but please ensure return is only 5000k temp only ... please PM me and I can fit for you this weekend.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi bro, thanks for the link! I bought mine in 2016 Oct as recommended by you. They are really bright and they are still working fine, just that it started to flicker after 45mins of driving about 2 mths ago. I will just switch it off and use my fog lamps if it starts to flicker. I wanted to buy a replacement but the same seller seems to have stop selling it. The new ones that you recommends seems to have adjustable focal length which is good. I will go buy it soon.

post-20226-0-09929100-1523072025_thumb.png

• Praise 2

Hi JT88,

You need a switcher or multi-display processor and many choices on suitable product.

You can have front, left, right etc. camera/views, relevant views when signalling etc. but imho, all these distracts the driver and can be avoided ... in fact, such products always states disclaimer.

Or perhaps I should not say too much and sell you my NIB processor from Japan ... keke !

Cheers,

Richard

HI Richard:

Actually I bought a camera which fit to Nissan front logo. the front camera just to make sure we do not hit something in front during parking.

Hi JT88

I actually bought this and got Aestmod to install.

新款凌度汽车行车记录仪双镜头高清夜视24小时监控360度全景无线 https://m.ezbuy.sg/product/51000111832074?src=Background

Pretty good so far, of cse different from your requirement of appearing in HU.

Hope this helps!

Hi Junguang5

thanks for the info, actually what I need is a front camera that can link to HU to see during parking, not video recording. 

post-197985-0-27195800-1523079079_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Hi Drivecar thanks for the detailed info. just to check, did u wire to the reverse as well? btw, would it be better to connect to the obd port inside the dashboard for power rather than the diagnoistic connector as shown in the installation?

Hi. No I didn't wire to reverse.

I feel it does really matter where the obd is connected to since it's just for power. I just connect to a free port on a obd splitter.

• Praise 1

(edited)

HI Richard:

Actually I bought a camera which fit to Nissan front logo. the front camera just to make sure we do not hit something in front during parking.

Hi Junguang5

thanks for the info, actually what I need is a front camera that can link to HU to see during parking, not video recording.

Hi JT,

This is what I bought from Japan for selectable 1, 2, 3 or 4 view into you headunit ... should be betta display quality than those tiong ones in my car:

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/creer/mcs293/

Pls let me know if you wish to biy it from me as I am not using it .. and save shipping cost as I bought with many other items.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-97520000-1523081959_thumb.png

post-149594-0-76268800-1523082081_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Morning guys, i need some help! My Qashqai is not starting. I pushed the push start but can only hear multiple clicks. The head light and all still working. Do it mean it is my starter motor?

• Praise 1

Morning guys, i need some help! My Qashqai is not starting. I pushed the push start but can only hear multiple clicks. The head light and all still working. Do it mean it is my starter motor?

Likely your battery flat and needs replacement which most of us kana within 12-18 months.

Call the Nissan 24 hour assistance:

https://www.nissan.com.sg/after-sales/services/24-hour-emergency-assistance.html

You need to pay for the labour (check the link) and battery which costs $250. If within one year it's free or within 2 years 50% discount.

• Praise 1

Likely your battery flat and needs replacement which most of us kana within 12-18 months.

Call the Nissan 24 hour assistance:

https://www.nissan.com.sg/after-sales/services/24-hour-emergency-assistance.html

You need to pay for the labour (check the link) and battery which costs $250. If within one year it's free or within 2 years 50% discount.

The battery was only replaced June last year. There is multiplie clicks and the electronic parking brake light is flashing.

The battery was only replaced June last year. There is multiplie clicks and the electronic parking brake light is flashing.

Yes, likely battery problem. If replaced last jun by tan chong, call them, they will replace it for free.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2