Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

1. If it bothers you, perhaps, install a new headunit? Music would sound much better too.

2. Yes, it is illegal to change. It may fail inspection/lta checks.

Will just turn a blind eye for now for the GPS...haha...

Noted on point 2...guess I have to make sure I change back before inspection. Should have seen in before I buy...stupid me.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi! I've owned the QQ for a couple of months till date. Looking forward for more sharing of knowledge from you guys out there. Any chance I can join any WA groups available ?  [wave]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi bro and sis, just bought a used 2015 Dec Qashqai 1.2. Very good ride with lots of tech! Haha

1) Want to check as I previously saw some post on changing of speedometer to km/h, which shop is able to do that? Do I need to get the part myself?

2) I still have warranty with tan chong but previous owner I don't think he have done servicing with tan chong before as the warranty booklet is all empty and still pack in the clear bag unopen. should I extend the warranty and go back to do servicing?

3) Any recommended place to change the dome light to led as I see the shape of the light is round type, may need to specially order for qashqai?

4) lastly any group or forum to join? The Facebook team Qashqai page I requested to join but till now no respond.

Thanks in advance for the assist =)

Edited by Johnnytohwh

Hi bro and sis, just bought a used 2015 Dec Qashqai 1.2. Very good ride with lots of tech! Haha

1) Want to check as I previously saw some post on changing of speedometer to km/h, which shop is able to do that? Do I need to get the part myself?

2) I still have warranty with tan chong but previous owner I don't think he have done servicing with tan chong before as the warranty booklet is all empty and still pack in the clear bag unopen. should I extend the warranty and go back to do servicing?

3) Any recommended place to change the dome light to led as I see the shape of the light is round type, may need to specially order for qashqai?

4) lastly any group or forum to join? The Facebook team Qashqai page I requested to join but till now no respond.

Guess the admin still recovering from the world.cup fever

2) The warranty is for 5 years. You can check with Tan Chong. It should also show up in the verifying servicing history founds on Tan Chong Nissan website. The previous owner might need to do a change of ownership record with Tan Chong first though. Alternatively, go to Tan Chong with evidence of the purchase/ownership transfer. Since it is a used car, will personally recommend the first servicing to be done at Tan Chong especially its in the warranty period to get any faulty parts (covered by warranty) fixed.

3) do you mean the front fog lights?

Neutral Newbie

Dear QQ member , i was curiois and worry about our car  battery life , as my job always need  to travel to restricted area such as Jurong  island and airport cargo . Have been driving  13 month  and just done 20k B package  services . I was told tat my battery is still 100%, and not necessary to change . He mension some battery can go up to 24 months . Is tat true? I use to  off the start stop function 99% .

Dear QQ member , i was curiois and worry about our car battery life , as my job always need to travel to restricted area such as Jurong island and airport cargo . Have been driving 13 month and just done 20k B package services . I was told tat my battery is still 100%, and not necessary to change . He mension some battery can go up to 24 months . Is tat true? I use to off the start stop function 99% .

My advise regardless of car is to invest in a jumpstart external battery kit especially since you drive into restricted areas where towing and getting assistance can be a challenge. It is inexpensive.

On how long the original battery will last depends on luck and how the battery is used. One way is to also install a voltmeter (in many forms) to monitor the voltage. generally, the voltage should not drop below 12v for prolong periods of time and it can go up to around 13-14v.

yes, turning off the start stop function will prolong the battery life.

Neutral Newbie

My advise regardless of car is to invest in a jumpstart external battery kit especially since you drive into restricted areas where towing and getting assistance can be a challenge. It is inexpensive.

On how long the original battery will last depends on luck and how the battery is used. One way is to also install a voltmeter (in many forms) to monitor the voltage. generally, the voltage should not drop below 12v for prolong periods of time and it can go up to around 13-14v.

Regarding jumpstart external battery kit, any good brand to intro? And usually how much?

Neutral Newbie

2) The warranty is for 5 years. You can check with Tan Chong. It should also show up in the verifying servicing history founds on Tan Chong Nissan website. The previous owner might need to do a change of ownership record with Tan Chong first though. Alternatively, go to Tan Chong with evidence of the purchase/ownership transfer. Since it is a used car, will personally recommend the first servicing to be done at Tan Chong especially its in the warranty period to get any faulty parts (covered by warranty) fixed.

3) do you mean the front fog lights?

Thanks! My used car dealer have drive in to help me settle for the rattling sound that is common among the QQ and Tan chong told him only 3 Years. I will be going down and check as while they are fixing the rattling sound, they accidentally remove the reverse camera cable which now is just a dark screen when doing reverse.

3) I mean the interior dome light, the one light up when u open the door. I saw some on aliexpress that is fitted for qashqai, wanna check if any bro/sis here have done at our local shop?

Thanks!

Haha, just got approved to join the team Qashqai Facebook page. Thanks

Haha, just got approved to join the team Qashqai Facebook page. Thanks

Regarding jumpstart external battery kit, any good brand to intro? And usually how much?

there are many cheap ones on taobao and qoo10. it can range from around 50 to 150. if afraid of no name batteries, go for those with known brand names.

some of the jumpstart batteries come with inbuilt torches, allow usb charging and allow jumpstart through usb (which you could try first before touching the battery).

(edited)

Just want to check.

1. I read that the SD card for the GPS is tie to some serial numbers so it will be useless to clone someone else's. Is this correct? My 2nd hand QQ GPS not working and just past 2 years old. Went to TC Ubi was told after warranty need to pay $133.50 to replace. Of coz not willing to do that. I have been relying on my phone anyway but just a bit sore eye that the build in one is not working.

For point 1, yes the SD Card is tied to the specific software installed in the unit. So you cannot just copy from another card. Edited by Kstoh

(edited)

1) This was a special one-off customised project arranged by Richard for 5 (I think) persons. I was one of them. Don’t think any workshop offers it. The hard part is getting the kmph dial. Yes, if you can get it, Aestmod can change for you.

2) TCM no longer fills up the booklet. The records are online. Go tell TCM you are new owner and get access to the records.

4) There is a QQ Whatsapp Group (probably more than one) but it is so active that you get hundreds of messages every day and your data easily bust. I exited when going holiday and never joined back.

Edited by Kstoh
  • Praise 1

For point 1, yes the SD Card is tied to the specific software installed in the unit. So you cannot just copy from another card.

Yeah...it is ridiculous to pay so much for a map that hardly update. Just have to live with my google maps.