Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

So all buy with eye open.. read all the âissue(s)â then decide

Dont buy liao .. come in complain then threaten to take legal action.. then in the end, no action and sell car lose money.

So future buyer please beware also.. save ur $$

Legal action ..

These people must be eating too full

↡ Advertisement

Just to share my personal experience.

I got my QQ close to 1 yr anniversary, and in the last year alone it lost power more than 10 times with no reason. In the last month alone 3 times. Everytime it happened I let TC ubi check and they will say no problem detected, then subtlely hinted to me to make sure don't use auto stop start. This is the point I realize they know about the engine problem, but cannot admit due to legality.

For those of you who have no problem, I think you are just lucky so far.

For those of you who are having same issue, do consider to Lodge a report to LTA and maybe we should do it collectively, because this is a serious safety issue.

Also keep a look out for excessive Engine Oil consumption and oil burning.

This is also 1 of the major and frequent report in UK and you can read about it in their QQ forum. 

Some believe this also attribute to the power loss as well.

But i do believe you need more than just collective lodging. It will be good to engage some independent car expert to substantiate this finding. 

I guess the fun part of qashqai is find and rnd mod to counter all the issuse .....

Mod never stop

Yeah U king of DIY i remembered fondly.

This is also 1 of the major and frequent report in UK and you can read about it in their QQ forum.

But i do believe you need more than just collective lodging. It will be good to engage some independent car expert to substantiate this finding.

Not king lar...

It just eat too full...

So we are in the subby family now

From 1 Tan family to another Tan family lol

But I prefer the tan sister...

The khazakstan , Pakistan, Uzbekistan , all the tan sister dam pretty

But I prefer the tan sister...

The khazakstan , Pakistan, Uzbekistan , all the tan sister dam pretty

there is another Tan sister.

Tangugu

Talk big only lah... You believe these people?

That why I say ...

Eat too full...

All talk and afraid resale price suffer....

Bs

Edited by Meemee

Why not bring to other branches let them check?

Yes, I brought to Bukit Timah branch yesterday, spent the whole morning, with in car video recording to show them what it looks like when it stalled, yet again no conclusion.

But this time they installed a black box inside the car for more detailed recording. So if it happens again, I can bring the box for analysis.

I bought the car brand new 1 year ago, and I have no problem telling people not to buy this car. So please do yourself a favor and look away.

Hi Randy,

This oil leak issue due to piston ring hardness being out of spec and too soft should only affect those Feb 2016 and earlier.

Cheers.

Richard

Yes, I brought to Bukit Timah branch yesterday, spent the whole morning, with in car video recording to show them what it looks like when it stalled, yet again no conclusion.

But this time they installed a black box inside the car for more detailed recording. So if it happens again, I can bring the box for analysis.

I bought the car brand new 1 year ago, and I have no problem telling people not to buy this car. So please do yourself a favor and look away.

U shld ask newspaper to interview u so that ur warning can have better outreach

Car owners facing problems with car is news worthy?

U living in which era? Whole bunch of news on internet abt car owners with issue .. publish by news website

He may be able to save lives due to car lost power

Edited by Budgetice
  • Praise 1

It's just another silly tax providing more money to pay million dollars salaries.

Hi Dach,

Actually hor ... 2400 or 0.3% of 800k tax payers earns more than $1.5kk/yr in 2017.

You can go to this site to check out percentile of income of the total number of 800k tax payers:

https://www.salary.sg/2017/compare-your-annual-income-2017/

Not sure how many but do not believe there are much more than 100 that pay $1.5kk salary in govt services ... the rest of 2300 of them are parking their lambo and silver shadows at marina bay office carparks or their bukit timah houses.

Yes, it surprises me also that singaporeans earn that kind of $ ... to make it to top 5% or 40000 earners, you need to make $270k as an individual and not household income.

Cheers.

Richard

Just to share my personal experience.

I got my QQ close to 1 yr anniversary, and in the last year alone it lost power more than 10 times with no reason. In the last month alone 3 times. Everytime it happened I let TC ubi check and they will say no problem detected, then subtlely hinted to me to make sure don't use auto stop start. This is the point I realize they know about the engine problem, but cannot admit due to legality.

For those of you who have no problem, I think you are just lucky so far.

For those of you who are having same issue, do consider to Lodge a report to LTA and maybe we should do it collectively, because this is a serious safety issue.

Hi Kol,

Sorry to heard but just to let you know that you are not alone. My 1.2l was collected 2015 Oct and this power loss started 2 yrs into ownership .. SS disable module installed few months from early 2016 onwards.

It was first experienced by wife and indeed dangerous as she was getting into main road .. see if rpm is stuck at 1k. I was quite disturbed since it was driven by wife and it happened the 2nd time when I drove from stationary .. again rpm stuck at 1k rpm which is more dangerous than if it does not move at all .. car behind think you are fooling around or simply bang into you.

I also went to TanChong service who are nice and sympathetic but no clue what happened and spoke of this black box being received to help monitor .. you are benefitting from my request to them .. lol !

They did update dunno what software and on the same nite of collecting back the car, I again experienced it for the 3rd time ! Miraculously, this issue did not recur for next 8 months until we parted company.

In that last 8 months, however, we experienced lock up of ebrakes when parked over the weekend >>20 times which TanChong service cannot resolve after repeated. We had to rev hard .. very hard.. until there is loud sound before it get released and glad we do have have to do parallel parking over days else it will be stucked. My wife in fact requested that we swap parking with my forester to allow her to park on our drive way to avoid the embarassment of waking up the neighbourhold every early morning of working Mondays .. it is that loud :(

Bro Randy give a great summary .. great looking both exterior and interior with very comfortable ride for its class despite a SUV which I misses but simply too many UNRESOLVED issues including this safety related powerloss one but we cannot blame TanChong but Nissan UK which made ownership of this 1.2l very frustrating and risky ... not ebrake lock issue but this power loss had also been raised by several bros.

Btw, 2.0 NA qashqai did not have many issues ... primarily odd noises and inherent charging/battery early failures shared also by 1.2L turbo .. 8 yrs old engine compared to this "new" 1.2L engine by Renault-Nissan UK.

Enuff said ... cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1