Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Hi Kol,

Sorry to heard but just to let you know that you are not alone. My 1.2l was collected 2015 Oct and this power loss started 2 yrs into ownership .. SS disable module installed few months from early 2016 onwards.

It was first experienced by wife and indeed dangerous as she was getting into main road .. see if rpm is stuck at 1k. I was quite disturbed since it was driven by wife and it happened the 2nd time when I drove from stationary .. again rpm stuck at 1k rpm which is more dangerous than if it does not move at all .. car behind think you are fooling around or simply bang into you.

I also went to TanChong service who are nice and sympathetic but no clue what happened and spoke of this black box being received to help monitor .. you are benefitting from my request to them .. lol !

They did update dunno what software and on the same nite of collecting back the car, I again experienced it for the 3rd time ! Miraculously, this issue did not recur for next 8 months until we parted company.

In that last 8 months, however, we experienced lock up of ebrakes when parked over the weekend >>20 times which TanChong service cannot resolve after repeated. We had to rev hard .. very hard.. until there is loud sound before it get released and glad we do have have to do parallel parking over days else it will be stucked. My wife in fact requested that we swap parking with my forester to allow her to park on our drive way to avoid the embarassment of waking up the neighbourhold every early morning of working Mondays .. it is that loud :(

Bro Randy give a great summary .. great looking both exterior and interior with very comfortable ride for its class despite a SUV which I misses but simply too many UNRESOLVED issues including this safety related powerloss one but we cannot blame TanChong but Nissan UK which made ownership of this 1.2l very frustrating and risky ... not ebrake lock issue but this power loss had also been raised by several bros.

Btw, 2.0 NA qashqai did not have many issues ... primarily odd noises and inherent charging/battery early failures shared also by 1.2L turbo .. 8 yrs old engine compared to this "new" 1.2L engine by Renault-Nissan UK.

Enuff said ... cheers.

Richard

Thanks for the update. Looks not like an isolated case. The quality of cars from Nissan UK I cannot believe is so lousy
↡ Advertisement

Thanks for the update. Looks not like an isolated case. The quality of cars from Nissan UK I cannot believe is so lousy

just like you have said, made of any country regardless of Europe, Czech, Japan, Thai, Korea share same risk of possible defect or quality issue.
  • Praise 1

just like you have said, made of any country regardless of Europe, Czech, Japan, Thai, Korea share same risk of possible defect or quality issue.

Japan made one is lesser risky. Safest of all. How the heck these nissan engineers approve the engine and sell this car to consumers?

Don’t be so quick to judge. So u think jap products are best? You forgot the takata airbag incident and the numerous recalls by toyota/Honda due to real cases of accidents?

• Praise 1

Donât be so quick to judge. So u think jap products are best? You forgot the takata airbag incident and the numerous recalls by toyota/Honda due to real cases of accidents?

Well.... if you are against Japan product, no amount of words will convince you

Donât be so quick to judge. So u think jap products are best? You forgot the takata airbag incident and the numerous recalls by toyota/Honda due to real cases of accidents?

Hi Bleahx,

Yes Jap products are the most reliable overall which is a unrefutable fact ... not the faster or most advanced but certainly most reliable. Their culture and dna will typically not allow them to behave otherwise .. at least not for long.

Discussion on exception are fine but hope to stay within the context.

Recall to me is fine since it means remedial actions are planned and taken ... and not covered up or ignored.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

I’m not anti jap, just pointing out that you should be objective given the facts out there. Jap made stuff are not exactly problem free. U should realize that jap economy went through a tough period and many cost cutting measures which may have led to some quality issues.

• Praise 2

Raise the issue to LTA for those that experience the power loss and have proof of such incident

This could really save lives

Hi Budgetice,

Indeed will be good but frankly not worth the efforts and only for exceptional resilent individuals or big corporation with $ to try to benefit themselves.

Power loss is also not new since the car is a complicated beast .. much more so with current highly electronic ones for FC, enviroment etc.

Life is short for me ... just LL and manage the loss to move on :(

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Iâm not anti jap, just pointing out that you should be objective given the facts out there. Jap made stuff are not exactly problem free. U should realize that jap economy went through a tough period and many cost cutting measures which may have led to some quality issues.

Hi Bleahx,

Indeed .. japan economy started the rut since late eighties .. just managed to see their short glorious days for a few years when I started work.

Sad also to see that they are also losing it more and more .. ageing population not helping.

Just go on down to shinjuku and the influx of tiongs who buys out the backstreet shops .. saw it deteriorates and can only shake head and not unlike our new Simplepore Chinatown in geylang.

Cheers.

Richard

Japan made one is lesser risky. Safest of all. How the heck these nissan engineers approve the engine and sell this car to consumers?

Hi Roger,

Guess primarily an european car liao assembled by immigrants and beer guzzling rednecks .. designed and final say by local non Japanese managememt or Japs who are localised Brits liao.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Kol,

Sorry to heard but just to let you know that you are not alone. My 1.2l was collected 2015 Oct and this power loss started 2 yrs into ownership .. SS disable module installed few months from early 2016 onwards.

It was first experienced by wife and indeed dangerous as she was getting into main road .. see if rpm is stuck at 1k. I was quite disturbed since it was driven by wife and it happened the 2nd time when I drove from stationary .. again rpm stuck at 1k rpm which is more dangerous than if it does not move at all .. car behind think you are fooling around or simply bang into you.

I also went to TanChong service who are nice and sympathetic but no clue what happened and spoke of this black box being received to help monitor .. you are benefitting from my request to them .. lol !

They did update dunno what software and on the same nite of collecting back the car, I again experienced it for the 3rd time ! Miraculously, this issue did not recur for next 8 months until we parted company.

In that last 8 months, however, we experienced lock up of ebrakes when parked over the weekend >>20 times which TanChong service cannot resolve after repeated. We had to rev hard .. very hard.. until there is loud sound before it get released and glad we do have have to do parallel parking over days else it will be stucked. My wife in fact requested that we swap parking with my forester to allow her to park on our drive way to avoid the embarassment of waking up the neighbourhold every early morning of working Mondays .. it is that loud :(

Bro Randy give a great summary .. great looking both exterior and interior with very comfortable ride for its class despite a SUV which I misses but simply too many UNRESOLVED issues including this safety related powerloss one but we cannot blame TanChong but Nissan UK which made ownership of this 1.2l very frustrating and risky ... not ebrake lock issue but this power loss had also been raised by several bros.

Btw, 2.0 NA qashqai did not have many issues ... primarily odd noises and inherent charging/battery early failures shared also by 1.2L turbo .. 8 yrs old engine compared to this "new" 1.2L engine by Renault-Nissan UK.

Enuff said ... cheers.

Richard

Thanks for sharing.

It seem you got a lemon car, sad to say you have to went thru this.

Thanks for sharing.

It seem you got a lemon car, sad to say you have to went thru this.

Hi Conti,

My pleasure but as mentioned, several bros in the 200+ whatsapp group that I started 3 yrs ago shared the same power loss issue and did a count of shown hands to know what I am talking about.

Many lemons indeed ... but again, enuff said since I had moved on but will not hesitate to continue to support these 200+ bros who know what I went thru much more but best left unsaid unless also happened to another bro here.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Budgetice,

Indeed will be good but frankly not worth the efforts and only for exceptional resilent individuals or big corporation with $ to try to benefit themselves.

Power loss is also not new since the car is a complicated beast .. much more so with current highly electronic ones for FC, enviroment etc.

Life is short for me ... just LL and manage the loss to move on :(

Cheers.

Richard

If there are 200+ incidents, then its worth reporting, not to ask for compensation etc.. but to get lta to remove it from the road

now the qq is driven by my wife.. so hopefully nothing happen to mine

If there are 200+ incidents, then its worth reporting, not to ask for compensation etc.. but to get lta to remove it from the road

now the qq is driven by my wife.. so hopefully nothing happen to mine ðð»ðð»

Hi bro Budgetice,

Understand and fingercrossed wun happen then .. it happened to me with angry disposition back then and not easy to cut loss also.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi bro Budgetice,

Understand and fingercrossed wun happen then .. it happened to me with angry disposition back then and not easy to cut loss also.

Cheers.

Richard

Seems serious as the issue can happen anytime

Some after 2 years, some within 2 years

Looks like its time to do some shopping