Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

The turbo lag is not so nice. But once the turbo kicks in, the acceleration is actually not bad. Just let the revs climb, and I will feather the accelerator to let the CVT shift. Once you get the feel you can simulate the shifting pattern of an automatic.

Fuel consumption is not so good, around 10-11 km per litre, no matter pump Shell 95 or V power. Just get used to it, at least the road tax is low haha.

also transmission feels a bit sticky when the car is around 55kph. I thought CVT transmission would be smoother!

The turbo lag is not so nice. 

--> This is because of the turbo lag?? I had absolutely no idea. I thought, I need to get my transmission checked during next servicing. :D

Sorry, I am super newbie about cars... You guys need advice about computers/phones/or other gadgets, then maybe I can help someday.. :-)

Just get used to it, at least the road tax is low haha.

--> I like your attitude Bro! Hahaha

Edited by poorcarowner
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

also transmission feels a bit sticky when the car is around 55kph. I thought CVT transmission would be smoother!

The turbo lag is not so nice.

--> This is because of the turbo lag?? I had absolutely no idea. I thought, I need to get my transmission checked during next servicing. :D

Sorry, I am super newbie about cars... You guys need advice about computers/phones/or other gadgets, then maybe I can help someday.. :-)

Just get used to it, at least the road tax is low haha.

--> I like your attitude Bro! Hahaha

The turbo lag refers to the acceleration when moving off from a stop, when the RPM needs a few seconds to increase from idle and activate the turbo (about 1800 RPM and above). I don't have the problem that you face at 55km/h.
  • Praise 1

The turbo lag refers to the acceleration when moving off from a stop, when the RPM needs a few seconds to increase from idle and activate the turbo (about 1800 RPM and above). I don't have the problem that you face at 55km/h.

Ah I see. Noted. Everyday got something new to learn! :-) Thank you.

Hi Steve,

Do not believe turbo activate 1800rpm and above ... maxes out torque at 1800 rpm.

Cheers.

Richard

Anyone change the radiator fan in TC before?

Is it under warranty?

This morning heard noisy from the fan and after turn off air con the noise disappeared. The fan has reached it life line....

• Praise 1

Anyone change the radiator fan in TC before?

Is it under warranty?

This morning heard noisy from the fan and after turn off air con the noise disappeared. The fan has reached it life line....

Hi Airy

Once i changed radiator fan at TC. I just told the SA that my AC is not cold. They changed the radiator fan no questions asked. It took the whole day though for it to be replaced.

Regards

Hafiras

• Praise 2

Hi all,

i’m driving a 1.2T QQ brought new in Feb 2017 (pre facelift). i recently managed to read thru quite a fair bit of the thread but still wanted to seek some advice.

car currently at 67k mileage. some minor issues appeared but recently it’s been bad. i’m facing power loss at a/c 23 deg fan speed 2/3. most of the time the car very reluctant to move off. need to step full the acc and release it when i feel that the car finally starting to move.

and there’s a rattling noise at low rpm (less the 2k can hear when u drive with the window down in the MSCP), but i’m unable to replicate the issue at TC because dunno why it only happens after coldstart in the morning (with warm up about 2-3mins).

• Praise 2

Hi all,

iâm driving a 1.2T QQ brought new in Feb 2017 (pre facelift). i recently managed to read thru quite a fair bit of the thread but still wanted to seek some advice.

car currently at 67k mileage. some minor issues appeared but recently itâs been bad. iâm facing power loss at a/c 23 deg fan speed 2/3. most of the time the car very reluctant to move off. need to step full the acc and release it when i feel that the car finally starting to move.

and thereâs a rattling noise at low rpm (less the 2k can hear when u drive with the window down in the MSCP), but iâm unable to replicate the issue at TC because dunno why it only happens after coldstart in the morning (with warm up about 2-3mins).

Hi Ev

Sorry to hear ....

Next time if you encounter power loss, look out for the rpm if stuck at 1k rpm even if you try to accelerate. If yes, it is a known unresolved issue by TanChong even for FL ones .. nothing to do with your aircon setting. If no, could it be expectation as the gearbox of j11 is really not the most refined and often behaves lost, loosen or both for a lack of better word.

On rattling sound, many possibilities and do ask TC to check for loosen exhaust pipe bracket but it is a long shot. However, since only audible after cold start, window down and mscp where small noise also get reflect and amplified, there should be no major concern.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi richard, thanks for your reply.

guess i’ll have to look for options since i spend most of my time running around in the car. been real frustrating these few months driving. that huge drep cost for 2 years makes me cry. zzz

• Praise 1

Hi all,

iâm driving a 1.2T QQ brought new in Feb 2017 (pre facelift). i recently managed to read thru quite a fair bit of the thread but still wanted to seek some advice.

car currently at 67k mileage. some minor issues appeared but recently itâs been bad. iâm facing power loss at a/c 23 deg fan speed 2/3. most of the time the car very reluctant to move off. need to step full the acc and release it when i feel that the car finally starting to move.

and thereâs a rattling noise at low rpm (less the 2k can hear when u drive with the window down in the MSCP), but iâm unable to replicate the issue at TC because dunno why it only happens after coldstart in the morning (with warm up about 2-3mins).

Ur rattling noise occur ard 1500rpm? If so, TC will know what to tighten. Its a loose hose.

Else if could be objects in ur car.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

Welcome to the club

Ur rattling noise occur ard 1500rpm? If so, TC will know what to tighten. Its a loose hose.

Else if could be objects in ur car.

Hi Budgetice,

Do you happen to know which is the particular hose.? An arrow indicated on engine would be most helpful.

Best Regards

• Praise 1

Hi Budgetice,

Do you happen to know which is the particular hose.? An arrow indicated on engine would be most helpful.

Best Regards

Think its water heater hose or something.. cant recall .. but is a know problem.. if the car has a noise at 1.5k rpm
  • Praise 1

Hi all,

Try to pump higher octane fuel and see if goes away. Ask TC to check tensioner pulley, one of the possibilities. Edited by Ct3833

Hi all,

Hi Ev0lish8

The rattling sound after coldstart happened to me too. You might want to feel the air intake housing and feel if there is any vibration there. For mine, i felt there is a vibration there. I unscrew the screw and tighten the screw back. While tightening the screw, i push and hold the air intake housing towards the windscreen position and that solved my rattling sound after coldstart. Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Hafiras

• Praise 1

Try to pump higher octane fuel and see if goes away. Ask TC to check tensioner pulley, one of the possibilities.

Dear All,

I have to agree with Ct3833 and assure all that an additional +point when using 98RON (at least for Caltex) is the car runs extra fine and quiet. Fill up with 98RON on almost empty tank, wait for 3-4 days. The car will initially run worst (dont worry), before the ECU retune and corrects itself.

In my honest opinion QQ can run on 95RON but runs very well on 98RON.

PS: I believe some have indicated no change in car behavior using 98RON. In this case I am sure due to other underlying reasons (e.g.dirty filter, plugs etc)  

Regards           [thumbsup]:a-good:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1