Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Hi Ev0lish8

The rattling sound after coldstart happened to me too. You might want to feel the air intake housing and feel if there is any vibration there. For mine, i felt there is a vibration there. I unscrew the screw and tighten the screw back. While tightening the screw, i push and hold the air intake housing towards the windscreen position and that solved my rattling sound after coldstart. Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Hafiras

Thanks Ev0lish8 for this tip. I think this site

might also help.

Best Regards   [idea]

↡ Advertisement

Anyone has recently changed their tyres?

My 2015 QQ 2.0 used 19 inch continental Conti sport 5 but current tyres from Tan Chong are Yokohamas. Price per Tyre is approx 310 for Yokohamas. Outside I can get Conti sport 5 for 350 per Tyre. Anyone know any differences between the 2? I asked the service agent at TC to share but he Super hesitant to compare the 2.

TIA.

• Praise 1

The same rattling sound I have during the coldstart seems to come from a power loss, rather then something loose.

It happening every morning until I'm getting numb to it.

Need to flooring the pedal more often nowadays when the car seems to face a powerloss to move off from traffic.Kinda sux and am thinking of trading it in for a new Slyphy. Maybe Slyphy is worse?

Hi all,

i’m driving a 1.2T QQ brought new in Feb 2017 (pre facelift). i recently managed to read thru quite a fair bit of the thread but still wanted to seek some advice.

car currently at 67k mileage. some minor issues appeared but recently it’s been bad. i’m facing power loss at a/c 23 deg fan speed 2/3. most of the time the car very reluctant to move off. need to step full the acc and release it when i feel that the car finally starting to move.

and there’s a rattling noise at low rpm (less the 2k can hear when u drive with the window down in the MSCP), but i’m unable to replicate the issue at TC because dunno why it only happens after coldstart in the morning (with warm up about 2-3mins).

seriously I don't believe the guys at TC dont' know about this rattling cold start problem. They must have been sick hearing this from many QQ drivers. They just 'teh gong' pretend don't know. Since can't replicate it at TC surely after car warmed up driving there. Something they can't fix and most of us just suck thumb and get used to this sound every morning.

• Praise 1

The same rattling sound I have during the coldstart seems to come from a power loss, rather then something loose.

It happening every morning until I'm getting numb to it.

Need to flooring the pedal more often nowadays when the car seems to face a powerloss to move off from traffic.Kinda sux and am thinking of trading it in for a new Slyphy. Maybe Slyphy is worse?

seriously I don't believe the guys at TC dont' know about this rattling cold start problem. They must have been sick hearing this from many QQ drivers. They just 'teh gong' pretend don't know. Since can't replicate it at TC surely after car warmed up driving there. Something they can't fix and most of us just suck thumb and get used to this sound every morning.

Just record the sound for them to hear loh.. leave the car overnight and request for courtesy’ car.

try recording before. in the end the wind noise louder. lol

air filter rattling was sorted out in the early months of ownership. used a cable tie. dunno why they use this type of slot in pattern for the intake hose part.

door panels creaking will depend on temperature.

plastic clip rattling above the glove box gloss panel sorted also

internal glove box rattling can seem to solve thou. tried a few methods.

driver seat click sound solved by TC.

this car makes a lot of funny noises lol. cross those carpark humps, the whole dash like gonna break.

hey guys, morning couldnt start e engine. showing all the lights on (parking light flashing) and indicate system fault. is this out of battery or its car issue. anyway probably calling a tow to tan chong but was thinking if anyone had this before.

I can still listen to radio in e car.

hey guys, morning couldnt start e engine. showing all the lights on (parking light flashing) and indicate system fault. is this out of battery or its car issue. anyway probably calling a tow to tan chong but was thinking if anyone had this before.

I can still listen to radio in e car.

Most likely is battery lifespan up. Encounter this issue 2 weeks back before cny. Call up TC and they sent a mechanic to change it in a pickup. Less then 10minutes of work for the replacement and cost around $170++

Most likely is battery lifespan up. Encounter this issue 2 weeks back before cny. Call up TC and they sent a mechanic to change it in a pickup. Less then 10minutes of work for the replacement and cost around $170++

Thanks! in e end got AiG service to jump start and I drove to tan chong for check. 133sgd nett for change of battery. Remembered someone was saying that if ask TC emergency service to change it will not change the fiamm agm type of battery.
  • Praise 2

Thanks! in e end got AiG service to jump start and I drove to tan chong for check. 133sgd nett for change of battery. Remembered someone was saying that if ask TC emergency service to change it will not change the fiamm agm type of battery.

Cheers! My is still the FLAMM battery brand upon replacment.

Omg. How did u manage to get $133. Good price.

• Praise 2

yea could be haha. let's hope this one last longer.

My battery last me less then 16 months.

The start stop feature is always turn off when i am driving and i dont charge any devices in it. Both My neighbour qq battery last him less then 11 months. This car is quite an electricity eater.

• Praise 2

The start stop feature is always turn off when i am driving and i dont charge any devices in it. Both My neighbour qq battery last him less then 11 months. This car is quite an electricity eater.

this is my 20th month. I do use the start stop function regularly. but I dun charge stuff in it as well. probably will change battery next time at 1.5yr as preventive measure.

Hi devil,

Google duncho and qashqai ... he had done extensive measurement and it seems that the less than ideal charging design is the cause of this known battery change interval issue.

Cheers.

Richard

On this battery issue, guys can I get some clarification? how much is the battery cost if you go to TC workshop ah? I need to change mine soon I guess. dont quite see any signs of wear off just yet, but its more than 26 months since last change.. I know I know, I should change it proactively, but a bit short of cash at the moment and the car seems to turning on every morning.. so, just fingers crossed.

I also agree with some of you Bros/Sis who mentioned about using higher octane fuel. These days I pump Esso 8000 only, which is Esso's best I think. The car definitely feels quieter and smoother. just my experience.

these days, the biggest headache I have is with the bluetooth connection. Music starts to stutter once in a while, when the phone is connected through bluetooth. Through Aux port everything okay, no issues. But through Aux, you cannot use the steering wheel buttons for Back/Fwd. The bluetooth issue has been going on for a while, damn irritating. 

Also, just wondering, is there anyway to use any of the buttons to pause music, when playing over bluetooth? I like hardware buttons, easy to press while driving, but I am unable to map any of the buttons to pause music. wonder, if any of you Bros/Sis figured this out....

Edited by poorcarowner
  • Praise 1

On this battery issue, guys can I get some clarification? how much is the battery cost if you go to TC workshop ah? I need to change mine soon I guess. dont quite see any signs of wear off just yet, but its more than 26 months since last change.. I know I know, I should change it proactively, but a bit short of cash at the moment and the car seems to turning on every morning.. so, just fingers crossed.

I also agree with some of you Bros/Sis who mentioned about using higher octane fuel. These days I pump Esso 8000 only, which is Esso's best I think. The car definitely feels quieter and smoother. just my experience.

these days, the biggest headache I have is with the bluetooth connection. Music starts to stutter once in a while, when the phone is connected through bluetooth. Through Aux port everything okay, no issues. But through Aux, you cannot use the steering wheel buttons for Back/Fwd. The bluetooth issue has been going on for a while, damn irritating.

Also, just wondering, is there anyway to use any of the buttons to pause music, when playing over bluetooth? I like hardware buttons, easy to press while driving, but I am unable to map any of the buttons to pause music. wonder, if any of you Bros/Sis figured this out....

This is my personal experience, to change the battery before it spoils. Saves you a lot of trouble.

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2702219-nissan-qashqai-2014-part-2/page-443?do=findComment&comment=6551029

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2