Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

For the rattling at the console, likely loose HU wires. Ask tc to remedy. I did mine just last servicing. Ho say liao. Installer did not do a good job.

2l 3 Yr old.

1, 2, 4 no

3 yes

All the TC installers failed.

When I open the front dash to change my tweeters, I realised the temperature sensor clip is already broken. Culprit is the installer for the front distance sensor. Cos they need to remove the front dash to lay the wires for the visual and beeping device.

Worse, the sensors were fitted wrongly so when left has obstacles, the right LEDs light up. So I had to open the right bottom panel where they hid the sensor module, found out the wires are in a mess, switched the L and R wires, and the module is just left inside. I had to wrapped it in foam myself and "secure" it so it doesn't move about behind the panel. 

When I open the HU to connect wire harness for my DSP, the wires behind is in a mess. Culprit is the HU installer.

When I open the door panel to change speaker, the panel already lost a clip. Culprit is the installer for the auto fold module. Cos who else will open the panel?

So it's either all 3 installers failed, or they are the same person. LOL.

↡ Advertisement

When you full lock turn to either side, the power steering pump will continue to push the fluid but when the steering wheel cannot move anymore, there's a pressure build up. It's not good in the long run. I will avoid full lock steer or hold the steering in full lock for longer than necessary. I will also return the steering wheel to "neutral" when parked to avoid the pump "in action" when I start the car later.

If it's indeed wear and tear and the sound is driving you nuts then time to change the worn part. But if you avoid full lock steer then the sound won't happen. It's worrying only when you normal steer and there's sound.

When you full lock steer and hold the wheel in that position, in some cars you can even feel the pulsating on the steering wheel. That's the pump driving the fluid. Maybe we have forgotten those days without power steering. The amount of force that assist in steering, when continue to push but the wheels can be turned anymore, you surely can feel the pump on the steering wheel.

Thanks Keefe! That only happen when i turn left or right fully. But sometimes it happened before i have turned the steering wheel fully.

I not sure whether is it wear and tear. The recent servicing at TC say it normal and nothing was done

• Praise 1

Thanks Keefe! That only happen when i turn left or right fully. But sometimes it happened before i have turned the steering wheel fully.

I not sure whether is it wear and tear. The recent servicing at TC say it normal and nothing was done

I’ve come to realise that at AD workshops unless a component is clearly broken. They will call it normal or wear and tear. Because they cannot claim warranty if the component is not broken. If customers are paying they also cannot risk changing a part anyhow when it’s not broken.

Bring it to outside workshop. Unless they are honest and long term know each other very well kind of workshop. They’ll be more than happy to tell you to change.

Then install a third party part but call it original. Then your not fully broken part gets sold as re conditioned. Hahahaha.

Iâve come to realise that at AD workshops unless a component is clearly broken. They will call it normal or wear and tear. Because they cannot claim warranty if the component is not broken. If customers are paying they also cannot risk changing a part anyhow when itâs not broken.

Bring it to outside workshop. Unless they are honest and long term know each other very well kind of workshop. Theyâll be more than happy to tell you to change.

Then install a third party part but call it original. Then your not fully broken part gets sold as re conditioned. Hahahaha.

Wow.. thanks for the info! I have to visit the servicing centre less than a month after the last visit. There a loud throttle sound when i on the engine but found out it the air con as the sound disappear when i off the aircon. Hopefully they will change it for me under warranty!
  • Praise 1

Hello! Letting go a NPMP Nissan Preventive Maintenance Program worth $1090 (2 Package A + 1 Package C) for Qashqai 1.2 at good discount. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Letting go a set of Yokohama Bluearth 225/45R19 96W for Qashqai 2.0.

Replaced in Feb 19, mileage around 6k. Selling due to trade-in of car. PM if interested. Thanks.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Anybody like to take over my Tan Chong servicing package for pulsar @ $900?

3 more services to go. Expire mar 2020.pm me thanks

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Dekitting the following:

1) Blind spot monitoring

2) E-pivot

3) Brand new K&N filter

4) Auto dim rear view mirror

5) Cabin a/c filter (brand new)

6) 17” BBS rim with Bridgestone Alena tyres (50% thread remaining)

12) Heko door visor

13) 10.2” android HU (2 months old)

19) Pioneer sub-woofer (from TC)

• Praise 1

Dekitting the following:

1) Blind spot monitoring

2) E-pivot

3) Brand new K&N filter

4) Auto dim rear view mirror

5) Cabin a/c filter (brand new)

6) 17” BBS rim with Bridgestone Alena tyres (50% thread remaining)

12) Heko door visor

13) 10.2” android HU (2 months old)

19) Pioneer sub-woofer (from TC)

Bro,

Can you pls PM me, my mobile 90011548. Im in QQ chat

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Anybody like to take over my Tan Chong servicing package for pulsar @ $900?

3 more services to go. Expire mar 2020.pm me thanks

Hi, the expiry date is march 2021.

guys, 

Anyone know how or if its possible to remove the roof rails? 

Also, any QQ 2.0 owners here can advise what fuel grade you pump? I've been pumping Ron 98, but was thinking if it's necessary. 

guys,

Also, any QQ 2.0 owners here can advise what fuel grade you pump? I've been pumping Ron 98, but was thinking if it's necessary.

Min ron is indicated at ur fuel cap area

guys, 

If you follow the manual, RON92 is good enough for the 2.0

Hi guys, may I ask where can I fix my reverse camera? The lenses cap got scratched over time. The camera system is the stock set given by tan chong.

• Praise 1

Hi guys, may I ask where can I fix my reverse camera? The lenses cap got scratched over time. The camera system is the stock set given by tan chong.

Come.to me