Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Hi, my QQ 1.2 battery (FIAMM VR760) will be two years come next month. I believe this is about the lifespan of this battery. My first one lasted only 15 months. Understand this FIAMM battery from TC costs about $272 (w GST). Anyone QQ bros has any recommendation for a cheaper alternative? I know the our QQ needs a bigger battery because of the Start / Stop functions. Thanks in advance to those who can gives their two cents worth.

↡ Advertisement

Hi, my QQ 1.2 battery (FIAMM VR760) will be two years come next month. I believe this is about the lifespan of this battery. My first one lasted only 15 months. Understand this FIAMM battery from TC costs about $272 (w GST). Anyone QQ bros has any recommendation for a cheaper alternative? I know the our QQ needs a bigger battery because of the Start / Stop functions. Thanks in advance to those who can gives their two cents worth.

PM me. I can give you a contact. Made in Korea battery designed for start/stop vehicles. KORBATT

I just noticed that there is an oil leak at the throttle body.

Is it an cheap and simple fix?

Or am I in for a shock?

Hi Wildfaye29,

A clear picture of the leak would be helpful. Accordingly TC knows about a possible leaky timing cover.

Regards :yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Praise 1

PM me. I can give you a contact. Made in Korea battery designed for start/stop vehicles. KORBATT

Hi Keefe,

Much appreciate your help. I can’t seem to find the way to PM you for the contact. Able to let me know how to? Thanks again

Neutral Newbie

hi guys, 

I am driving the 1.2T bought in 2016.  i would say 75% city driving

My FC is really bad... past months is like 8km/L.  Is this mainly due to a small engine (although has turbo) trying to "push" a very heavy car and bcos mostly city driving so making it worse?  I resorted to pumping 98 petrol to make the car more powerful when moving from complete stop but doesnt seem to solve the problem. 

Anyone has the same experience as me?

Or does anyone have any suggestions what i can do?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

hi guys,

I am driving the 1.2T bought in 2016. i would say 75% city driving

My FC is really bad... past months is like 8km/L. Is this mainly due to a small engine (although has turbo) trying to "push" a very heavy car and bcos mostly city driving so making it worse? I resorted to pumping 98 petrol to make the car more powerful when moving from complete stop but doesnt seem to solve the problem.

If your driving through and fro on expressways, FC will be better. You also have to be light footed with your accelerator pedal.

You can try checking the filter in the airbox if it is dirty and needed replacement. Also check if there is also any blockage of the airflow into the engine. I used Hurricane filter and my FC improved.

Check if your spark plugs need changing, use better performance plugs. Also use fuel injector cleaner once in a while as it will make your drive smoother.

Another improvement I saw is when I drove using semi-auto mode. You can give it a try. My FC averages about 12km/l of city + expressway driving. Could be better with tuning done.

Speaking of tuning, anyone done it for your QQ? How much does it usually cost for you?

• Praise 1

(edited)

hi guys,

My FC is really bad... past months is like 8km/L. Is this mainly due to a small engine (although has turbo) trying to "push" a very heavy car and bcos mostly city driving so making it worse? I resorted to pumping 98 petrol to make the car more powerful when moving from complete stop but doesnt seem to solve the problem.

Bro can try changing spark plug to those silver type de instead of iridium cost abt $170

If wanna use hurricane filter, must have discipline to change before u sent the car in for svc. Dun let TC catch u.

If u can bring the car for a trip north like malacca, u will feel after long dist driving car throttle response slighlty better. Then maybe u dun wont floor the accelerator as much

Edited by alex976
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Ask you Pros ah, what is this throttle controller I keep seeing here on the forums ah?

I drive a 1.2lit QQ and always feel that the acceleration from stop is damn slow for this car.. Will these throttle controllers make the car accelerate faster from stop? sometimes if at a traffic light I am the first car, I feel so paiseh when the signal goes green. because my car feels so slow to get up to speed.. all the cars behind me must be thinking that this old man should give way to younger cars! Hahaha

Hi,

It does but pls only use pivot ethrottle as other may give you trouble.

But nothing is free and FC will increase as it is pretty addictive once you get used to it but it is user selectable from Sport mode of 1 to 7.

Distractors will say does not increase torque or hp which is true but it does get your rpm to max torque faster and hence it will be faster.

Dun bother with other mods as this is the best you can do for 1.2 qashqai while performance sparks and air filter with better airflow makes pickup a bit smoother.

Tuning that voids warranty for turbo cars like qashqai will certainly help but you have to decide to tune for 95 octane or 98 octane ..nlatter being more significant increase in torque and hp as well as important correction of key "flat" spots but restrictive in usable petrol octane type henceforth.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

(edited)

hi guys,

Hi Blime,

You are obviously heavy footed and I would recommend ethrottle which tancheong is quite tolerant without major concern on warranty.

You may even find that your FC improves since your leg can never be faster than electrons into throttlr and you dun unnecesarily flood your enginr and waste petrol.

I can only recommend pivot cos seen too many jialat errors with others and leave owners in desperation if not familiar how to remove it.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Curious. Why does Tan Chong over fill the engine during servicing?

I just drained out the engine oil using oil extractor method. Before removing the oil filter, it's already 4.4 litres.

The manual says 3.6 litres. That's an extra 0.8 litres. I wonder what's the rationale behind this.

Hi Keefe,

1.2 qashqai built before Mar 2016 have oil leak issue due to bad piston rings and many owners reported to tancheong.

As such, they tends to over fill eo during service to alleviate this issue.

I cannot remember exactly but 3.6l is for eo change only or drain and top up .. please refer to eo volume when engine is dry which should be 5l+ since you cannot 100% change out.

I prefers to do 100% flush ..every 50k km will be nice.

Cheers.

Richard

Neutral Newbie

Hi Blime,

You are obviously heavy footed and I would recommend ethrottle which tancheong is quite tolerant without major concern on warranty.

You may even fine that your FC improves since your leg can never be faster than electrons into throttlr and you dun unnecesarily flood your enginr and waste petrol.

I can only recommend pivot cos seen too many jialat errors with others and leave owners in desperation if not familiar how to remove it.

Cheers.

Richard

Hmm. I dunno leh.. Is accelerating to 2- 2.5rpm from stationary considered heavy footed?

Hmm. I dunno leh.. Is accelerating to 2- 2.5rpm from stationary considered heavy footed?

Hi Blime,

Depends how hard you hit the accelerator or how patient you are to allow the car to pick up speed.

8km/l is not normal .. I was heavy footed with my 1.2 qashqai when I had it and still gets 10km/l. I also expect cars affected by eo leak to be badly affected as they ages for obvious reasons.

8-9km/l is FC for my forester xt with 350nm and 240 bhp liao.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Blime,

Depends how hard you hit the accelerator or how patient you are to allow the car to pick up speed.

8km/l is not normal .. I was heavy footed with my 1.2 qashqai when I had it and still gets 10km/l. I also expect cars affected by eo leak to be badly affected as they ages for obvious reasons.

8-9km/l is FC for my forester xt with 350nm and 240 bhp liao.

Cheers.

Richard

Sibeh eng today.... haha.....

Sibeh eng today.... haha.....

Hi mh23,

Hope still got some kakis here meh ... also nothing much on forester without getting into hardcore performance mods le.

Glad things all working out for you and ready to give up your beloved 1.2l QQ :)

Cheers.

Richard

Hi mh23,

Hope still got some kakis here meh ... also nothing much on forester without getting into hardcore performance mods le.

Glad things all working out for you and ready to give up your beloved 1.2l QQ :)

Cheers.

Richard

Have la... just that you choose differently... Going to miss my QQ and change something else.... haha.....

Have la... just that you choose differently... Going to miss my QQ and change something else.... haha.....

Hi mh23,

Thanks thanks :)

Your change is a huge one and it is not only a car . best wishes yours truly and no, you will not miss your qashqai when there when the forest of cheap cars present to you .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi mh23,

Thanks thanks :)

Your change is a huge one and it is not only a car . best wishes yours truly and no, you will not miss your qashqai when there when the forest of cheap cars present to you .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

lol.... different la....

↡ Advertisement