Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

2 hours ago, bon_bbc said:

Hi Good Bro and Sis,

Collected car this afternoon after complete engine overhauling

It will never be as good as the original engine from the factory. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 1/2/2020 at 9:03 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

It will never be as good as the original engine from the factory. 

I beg to differ. The parts are original and new. The engine becomes better than the state before repairs. No?

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Keefe said:

I beg to differ. The parts are original and new. The engine becomes better than the state before repairs. No?

Most people are quite alarm when we mention engine 'overhaul'. They think nothing is good than the original. Actually this time the original is faulty. In the Sunderland factory, I think Nissan knew that a wrong specs for piston no.2 was installed in some affected batch.

In UK for instance it is quite common for owners to do engine overhaul as long as they can get the original parts and know how. In Singapore some workshops are capable of doing it too. It is definitely doable but definitely not for you or I.

In the factory, engine built-up cannot be build entirely by only robots. Engines are still built individually so to speak. Many hands still 'insert' the pistons into the chambers etc.

My point is that car engines are actually the most straight-forward and reliable part of a component in a car unless in this case of faulty design or parts. That's why it is Renault engine.

I also want to assure bon_bbc and Keefe not to be worried since the overhaul was done at TC with real parts and proper expertise. You practically have new pistons on existing engine block unless the engine block is also damage, then the engine have to be replaced.

Best Regards  [thumbsup]

Hi Bro & Sis,

I want to transfer QQ servicing 1A and 1C packages with $500 valid until 24/10/2021. Interested party, pls whatsapp me @ 90023231.

Thank you

On 1/2/2020 at 6:38 PM, bon_bbc said:

Hi Good Bro and Sis,

Collected car this afternoon after complete engine overhauling

How to tell if one piston is not firing? Open up the hood? 

Neutral Newbie
40 minutes ago, Battledome64 said:

When you engage into gear, you will feel the car jerking front and back while stationary and loss of power. Sometimes, misfiring may not be the piston issue, it could be spark plug etc.

On 1/5/2020 at 7:25 PM, robtot said:

Most people are quite alarm when we mention engine 'overhaul'. They think nothing is good than the original. Actually this time the original is faulty. In the Sunderland factory, I think Nissan knew that a wrong specs for piston no.2 was installed in some affected batch.

In UK for instance it is quite common for owners to do engine overhaul as long as they can get the original parts and know how. In Singapore some workshops are capable of doing it too. It is definitely doable but definitely not for you or I.

In the factory, engine built-up cannot be build entirely by only robots. Engines are still built individually so to speak. Many hands still 'insert' the pistons into the chambers etc.

My point is that car engines are actually the most straight-forward and reliable part of a component in a car unless in this case of faulty design or parts. That's why it is Renault engine.

I also want to assure bon_bbc and Keefe not to be worried since the overhaul was done at TC with real parts and proper expertise. You practically have new pistons on existing engine block unless the engine block is also damage, then the engine have to be replaced.

Best Regards  [thumbsup]

Hi All,

Do not be too sure .. some old kakis of mine here will know the dramatic ending and engine overhaul for piston rings replacement for oil leak issues for Mar 2016 prior 1.2 Qashqai.

Production built and service repairs are NEVER the same which any factory and technical service folks can tell you.

Cheers.

Richard

On 1/5/2020 at 3:57 PM, Keefe said:

I dun think so. It's still too early to tell

Edited by RogerNg_185295

On 1/7/2020 at 1:53 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi All,

Do not be too sure .. some old kakis of mine here will know the dramatic ending and engine overhaul for piston rings replacement for oil leak issues for Mar 2016 prior 1.2 Qashqai.

Production built and service repairs are NEVER the same which any factory and technical service folks can tell you.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi

Regardless, I wish bon-bbc and keefe will enjoy many good years with their Qashqai.

Best Regards [thumbsup][thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 1/7/2020 at 2:01 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

I dun think so. It's still too early to tell

I take it as running-in stage. So far so good and felt smoother, as compared to two months back. 

• Praise 1

On 1/5/2020 at 7:25 PM, robtot said:

Best Regards  [thumbsup]

LOL. No, I am not worried at all. I agree with you totally.

On 1/6/2020 at 2:26 PM, Battledome64 said:

When the engine is running, the cylinders "fire" in the sequence 1-3-4-2-1-3-4-2...

When one cylinder is not "firing" e.g. 2, then it becomes 1-3-4-*-1-3-4-*...

You can hear the difference. And can also feel the vibration.

Some people say when you rev the engine it is more obvious but actually it's not true. Cos when you rev the engine, the sequence is the same but happens faster so the interval is shorter then it sounds smoother than in lower revs.

I had an experience of a failed ignition coil so also missing one cylinder. Same sound and feel.

Neutral Newbie
8 hours ago, Keefe said:

When the engine is running, the cylinders "fire" in the sequence 1-3-4-2-1-3-4-2...

When one cylinder is not "firing" e.g. 2, then it becomes 1-3-4-*-1-3-4-*...

You can hear the difference. And can also feel the vibration.

Some people say when you rev the engine it is more obvious but actually it's not true. Cos when you rev the engine, the sequence is the same but happens faster so the interval is shorter then it sounds smoother than in lower revs.

I had an experience of a failed ignition coil so also missing one cylinder. Same sound and feel.

Mine was 1-3-2-*-1-3-2-*-1-3-2-*...

On 12/17/2019 at 9:23 PM, Cxtreme said:

Hi guys wanna ask what's market price for tyres. Went to tc after 43k and they ask to change. Change to Bridgestone alenza at 169 per piece. Sorry quite noob here when it comes to car so wanna learn more for future

Hi, had query for tyres replacement in this forum before. Just checked Michellin 215/60 R17 ST (silent tuned?) is $195 each exclude GST. 

My mileage now is 65k+. Mechanic checked the tyres and mentioned can also replace after the next service.

I just changed to Alenza. So far so good and it’s pretty quiet. On NSHW smooth too. Went to Cameron Highland mossy forest. Climb up without problem with minimum slipping. Overall I would say it’s a balance tyre. 

Neutral Newbie

Dear Bro & Sis of QQ forum,

I appreciate any advice on my problem. Thank you.

2 years old QQ 2018 1.2T facelift model, mileage 60k. No mod. done.

Engine stalled whenever air con is turned on. Turn on blower without air-con, engine did not stall.

Car able to restart & move without aircon (just blower) but acceleration is sluggish and rpm is a little erratic.

No symptoms b4 this.

Sent to TC Ubi, was told might be due to misfiring, cannot confirm yet and was retained for further diagnosis.  was hinted that a possibility of serious engine problem which requires overhaul/replacement like the case of bon_bbc.

Anyone encounter the same issue? 

Will TC sales provide courtesy car for prolonged repair?

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement