Original Valve Cover Gasket - $180
Front Brake Pads (Ceramic) - $120
Rear Brake Pads (Normal) - $90
Spark Plugs (Denso) - $135

Reasonable price?
Or have any other WS to recommend?
Thanks.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:46 PM, StreamRSZ said:

Tan chong already stop selling qashqai? can seems to find it under tan chong new list of car anymore. 

TC seem to position Kicks as a replacement for the Qashqai, plus the UK don't manufacture the 1.2T version anymore, now only with newer 1.3T with 140 and 160hp  with only the 160hp version having dual-clutch automatic.  

4 hours ago, Thecarboy302 said:

TC seem to position Kicks as a replacement for the Qashqai, plus the UK don't manufacture the 1.2T version anymore, now only with newer 1.3T with 140 and 160hp  with only the 160hp version having dual-clutch automatic.  

i think UK market wasnt cater for 1.2T at all. UK market cater for 1,3T , 1.6T and 2.0 version.

the 1.2T somewhat cater for SG.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:51 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Uramasa,

Leave it .. no change in torque or power that violates your road tax paid and nothing to worry for inspection.

Cheers.

Richard

Great!

Thanks, Richard.

19 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

i think UK market wasnt cater for 1.2T at all. UK market cater for 1,3T , 1.6T and 2.0 version.

the 1.2T somewhat cater for SG.

UK Qashqai launched with 1.2T and 1.6T petrol versions, since 1.6T only available in manual, I guess that's why TC didn't bring in that, they brought in the 2.0 NA instead. Late 2018 they replaced the 1.2T and 1.6T with a single 1.3T engine with 2 states of tune, 140 version replaced the 1.2T and 160 version replaced the 1.6T, only 160 version can be had with a 7 DCT. It has been almost 2 years since Nissan UK stopped producing 1.2T version, I guess TC probably has a fair number existing old stock on hand and only just managed to clear them recently. 

From posts I have seen here, the 1.2T seems very problematic....

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Thecarboy302 said:

UK Qashqai launched with 1.2T and 1.6T petrol versions, since 1.6T only available in manual, I guess that's why TC didn't bring in that, they brought in the 2.0 NA instead. Late 2018 they replaced the 1.2T and 1.6T with a single 1.3T engine with 2 states of tune, 140 version replaced the 1.2T and 160 version replaced the 1.6T, only 160 version can be had with a 7 DCT. It has been almost 2 years since Nissan UK stopped producing 1.2T version, I guess TC probably has a fair number existing old stock on hand and only just managed to clear them recently. 

From posts I have seen here, the 1.2T seems very problematic....

wah.. bro you really study qashqai 👍. ya also read that 1.2T is very probllematic. Was wondering 2.0 have any issues?

17 minutes ago, StreamRSZ said:

wah.. bro you really study qashqai 👍. ya also read that 1.2T is very probllematic. Was wondering 2.0 have any issues?

Haha no lah, just so happen to watch UK car reviews (Carbuyer and Carwow) for quite a number of years liao, then when TC brought in the Qashqai and I realised they brought in the UK-made model so I went to research a bit on it as I was curious as to why they brought in 1.2T and 2.0 NA. 😅

Majority bought 1.2T models, very few actually bought the 2.0, hard to get feedback on 2.0. Are you looking to change soon? I noticed you asked on both Qashqai and Shuttle threads. 😆

Edited by Thecarboy302

1 hour ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Haha no lah, just so happen to watch UK car reviews (Carbuyer and Carwow) for quite a number of years liao, then when TC brought in the Qashqai and I realised they brought in the UK-made model so I went to research a bit on it as I was curious as to why they brought in 1.2T and 2.0 NA. 😅

Majority bought 1.2T models, very few actually bought the 2.0, hard to get feedback on 2.0. Are you looking to change soon? I noticed you asked on both Qashqai and Shuttle threads. 😆

Yes bro. i am doing home work now. planning to change next year end after i pay up for my COE stream. i have shortlisted a few models. Although still a fan of honda. But some specs is not really to my liking for some shortlisted models. QQ on the other hand have features that are worth for money well paid. As you know, buying car is a big ticket to most of us here. Have to do homework and study the model to make sure every cent given is worth. At the end of the day , still i am the one driving the car and have to be happy with no regrets to what i bought.

Turbocharged

bought my 2.0 qasqhai mid 2016. Stock car. No issues since then except for fast battery drain (batt lasts only 1.5 years roughly) and just recently, aircon leak which I am monitoring whether will further deteriorate.

19 inch tyres are pricy compared to the 1.2T due to odd size.

Other than that, pretty much no issues.

But it is CVT so you need to be aware you'll not be the first off at the junction. After 40km/hr, it picks up speed pretty well. Brakes also quite jiak.

Fuel consumption is so so. I am around 10.4km/l as I have both expressway (60%) and city driving (40%). Ride is pretty comfortable on expressways. It might be due to the tyres but road noise was a tad too loud compared to my old Latio (better fitting works all round compared to the qasqhai).

No auto tailgate so it might be a problem for some. And I also wish it has aircon vents at the back, esp if you always have passengers behind.

Edited by Kxbc
  • Praise 3

Sharing my new Head Unit which I changed early this year. I changed for my XT but I see that my QQ has the same HU size.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie
13 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

Yes bro. i am doing home work now. planning to change next year end after i pay up for my COE stream. i have shortlisted a few models. Although still a fan of honda. But some specs is not really to my liking for some shortlisted models. QQ on the other hand have features that are worth for money well paid. As you know, buying car is a big ticket to most of us here. Have to do homework and study the model to make sure every cent given is worth. At the end of the day , still i am the one driving the car and have to be happy with no regrets to what i bought.

If you want lesser maintenance problems, go for the 2.0 NA version. 

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

Agreed, it is a big ticket purchase and one that you need to live with for the next few years hence homework must be thoroughly done. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 3/14/2020 at 7:23 AM, Mcfsq said:

Hi 

My 3 Yr old needs repair for air intake manifold gasket and engine crank shaft oil seal. Wondering if anyone has done this at a workshop outside and is there a reliable place which you would recommend? 

You can DM me for details.

20 hours ago, Kevin5k said:

If you want lesser maintenance problems, go for the 2.0 NA version. 

yea thats what i am thinking about also. now is a good time to do homework and compare and gather experience owners for feedback on the 2.0 riide.

↡ Advertisement