Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

For the replacement for the 2016 Qashqai Rear windscreen wiper, must it be from Nissan brand or any OEM brand from petrol station will do?

↡ Advertisement

55 minutes ago, NissanQQ said:

For the replacement for the 2016 Qashqai Rear windscreen wiper, must it be from Nissan brand or any OEM brand from petrol station will do?

i believe the correct size and type will be able to replace. No need go back nissan just for this.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

i believe the correct size and type will be able to replace. No need go back nissan just for this.

On 7/20/2020 at 12:28 PM, WilliamWin said:

Hi QQ owners,

Recently done 80K service at TC svc Ctr BK tima. Svc guy advised me to change a lot of things, Crankshaft oil seal, Manifold gasket, Rocker cover gasket, Throttle O ring, Lower link . All cost will be about $1600. Parts cost is cheap but charges for labor is counting as individually. I surprised to know many parts need for less than 4 year car and all these not cover for 3+2 year warranty. 

AirCon filling gas also chargeable ($$104) after cooling coil repair. 

Just want to know whether wear and tear to change all these in this less than 4 years car? 

This might help...works for me

Neutral Newbie

I don't think the 1.2 is so problematic , other than not enough power at pickup and poor FC , if you are driving 100% city  . If you don't mind lost  to other car after the red light turn green , there are still a lot of good points. The Car , internal and external look okay and nice  .The Car  is stable , good FC  and comfortable ride on highway . The road tax  is so cheap . The car price should be also much cheaper than  2.0 . I have been driving for 4 years , I don't seem any big issue , like cannot move  or etc  . 

Hi WPS,

If yours is after 2106 Mar, the eo leak had been rectified.

A lot of the issues share here are the pre FL version and it may be that most if not all had been resolved but I was told even some FL version were still facing power loss issue that was not resolved for the those affected pre FL ones borders safety concerns.

No doubt the qashqai is a very comfortable car and it looks very nice.

Enjoy and cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Hi,

Seems charging issue never solved but hope power loss had been since damn scary when I experience twice and my wife once when we it.

Imagine coming up to main road with oncoming cars and rpm stuck at 1k rpm .. no even moving would have been safer.

Cheers.

Richard

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-8642531/Consumer-watchdog-says-seven-popular-cars-need-recalled.html

32195702-8642531-image-a-1_1597963277437.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Sharing my TPMS video. I installed TPMS for my pre-FL Qashqai but I understand the FL model comes with factory fitted TPMS.

My QQ has passed the 5-year mark, still advisable to go back TC for servicing, or better off go outside? If outside, any bros can recommend any reliable shop, preferably in the north?

Neutral Newbie
19 hours ago, Icetee168 said:

Hi 

has any bro changed their shock absorber for 2017 qashqai?

any brands and models to recommend?

thanks in advance!

Get OEM....Otherwise, you may want to consider Blistein series

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 9/4/2020 at 2:48 PM, Tinydot said:

My QQ has passed the 5-year mark, still advisable to go back TC for servicing, or better off go outside? If outside, any bros can recommend any reliable shop, preferably in the north?

PM me (if interested).

On 6/3/2020 at 9:57 PM, Icetee168 said:

today my wifey took the qashqai to nissan at leng kee for servicing and to diagnose some noises from the under carriage as she doesnt wanna go to outside workshop. the mileage on the car is 73000km plus and instead of conducting a package A ($181.68 b4 GST) for 70000km.

the service advisor did a package B ($337.81 b4 GST) without telling her and further got her to do air con cleaning plus disinfection ($119.62 b4 GST) saying it is for covit 19 and safety issues. SA also recommended an engine flush ($72.9 b4 GST) and told her that it is necessary at this mileage. She has also paid for 3L synthetic engine oil at $89.30 b4 GST

The whole bill came up to $663.00 with GST. I read that tan chong standard are getting bad after taken over by contractors. But to prey on a helpless woman is unbelievable and down right dishonest. I have to say some outside workshops have more integrity then them...

I told my wifey that this will be our last car from tan chong as too many unhappy experiences.  

Took my car for last servicing TC as part of my NPMP package. The left rear cabin light was spoilt. As part of the package, it says clearly that the interior light is covered by the package. When I asked SA to fix it, he said must change the entire light fitting and not just the light bulb, because "the left rear light fixture is a problem for many QQ owners" and NPMP package doesn't cover. I refused to agree to let him change the fixture. My car only 38K used! I told him to check the light bulb first, and if any problems, write it down in the report and we will talk after. Lo and behold, when I arrived for pick up, the light bulb change worked. And this SA called me 3 times to try and convince me to take up the next NPMP package at 10% discount. When I cannot trust the SA, how to pick up package with them?! Got these kind of nonsense statements made by SA. Of course I reject their 10% discount.

5 hours ago, nashstruck said:

Took my car for last servicing TC as part of my NPMP package. The left rear cabin light was spoilt. As part of the package, it says clearly that the interior light is covered by the package. When I asked SA to fix it, he said must change the entire light fitting and not just the light bulb, because "the left rear light fixture is a problem for many QQ owners" and NPMP package doesn't cover. I refused to agree to let him change the fixture. My car only 38K used! I told him to check the light bulb first, and if any problems, write it down in the report and we will talk after. Lo and behold, when I arrived for pick up, the light bulb change worked. And this SA called me 3 times to try and convince me to take up the next NPMP package at 10% discount. When I cannot trust the SA, how to pick up package with them?! Got these kind of nonsense statements made by SA. Of course I reject their 10% discount.

Dun have  to worry about the discount offered by Tan Chong coz it will run until your NPMP package expired and beyond...

Most of nissan or subaru owners will not take up another package after NPMP lapsed...do like what most car owners do, give a chance to other workshops who will value your business

• Praise 1

My QQ1.2T is going for 90K last service of NPMP package. I am thinking of asking TC to replace the Spark plugs and CVT fluid instead of waiting for 100K and I am not going for another NPMP package. Do you guys replace at 90K or wait till 100K? Any recommendation of outside workshop can do the job? 

20 hours ago, Kalthus said:

My QQ1.2T is going for 90K last service of NPMP package. I am thinking of asking TC to replace the Spark plugs and CVT fluid instead of waiting for 100K and I am not going for another NPMP package. Do you guys replace at 90K or wait till 100K? Any recommendation of outside workshop can do the job? 

np harm replacing early. better for the engine and gearbox too.

Edited by StreamRSZ