Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Neutral Newbie

Hi, im new here. just bought a second hand 2016 QQ 1.2T at 80km mileage. may i ask if there are any important things to look out for? 

↡ Advertisement

On 3/24/2020 at 11:56 AM, hojjjim said:

Hi, im new here. just bought a second hand 2016 QQ 1.2T at 80km mileage. may i ask if there are any important things to look out for? 

If i were you.. do a major servicing, change every fluid and filter. Ask the mechanics do a thorough check. Check spark plugs (should already be worn or recently replaced), tyres, brake condition

Neutral Newbie

Monitor engine oil level. I think I read somewhere in this thread that 2014 to early 2016 QQ 1.2T have piston ring problem and makan a lot of engine oil. Many of the bros here have engine overhaul to replace better piston rings under warranty.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, need advice.

My friend has a 2016 QQ, bought servicing package with Nissan. Discovered the intake manifold gasket leakage which very quite rare for normal usage of car <30K mileage.

Possible to claim Nissan for the repair or replacement of parts?

Thank you.

Neutral Newbie

Tomika Aircon Service 

Technically incompetent. Changed my compressor and fan. Quoted a price and after doing the job, called and played the tactic that many other things need to be changed and charged a higher price. Accepted that and paid him. After one week aírcon gave out hot air and I went back. They checked and said nothing is wrong and I have to insist that they went for a drive with me. After that left my car there for them to fix. Went back after he said was fixed but it wasn’t. Then they said they didn’t know what the problem was and even sort of told me he was too busy to attend to my problem because he had other customers (and I was not a customer?!) After much talk they reluctantly by passed the heater to remove the hot air. After 1 day the car gave out noise. Messaged him but he ignored me. I brought it to the my Mechanic repair shop and the gentlemen was able to tell me quite instantly what was wrong and was able to temporary solve the noise problem until parts are available. Very bad experience. 

1 hour ago, TSam said:

Tomika Aircon Service 

Technically incompetent. Changed my compressor and fan. Quoted a price and after doing the job, called and played the tactic that many other things need to be changed and charged a higher price. Accepted that and paid him. After one week aírcon gave out hot air and I went back. They checked and said nothing is wrong and I have to insist that they went for a drive with me. After that left my car there for them to fix. Went back after he said was fixed but it wasn’t. Then they said they didn’t know what the problem was and even sort of told me he was too busy to attend to my problem because he had other customers (and I was not a customer?!) After much talk they reluctantly by passed the heater to remove the hot air. After 1 day the car gave out noise. Messaged him but he ignored me. I brought it to the my Mechanic repair shop and the gentlemen was able to tell me quite instantly what was wrong and was able to temporary solve the noise problem until parts are available. Very bad experience. 

what is exactly the problem after your mechanic checked on it?  did your mechanic managed to solved the hot air after Tomika changed your sky high price parts? 

Edited by StreamRSZ

today my wifey took the qashqai to nissan at leng kee for servicing and to diagnose some noises from the under carriage as she doesnt wanna go to outside workshop. the mileage on the car is 73000km plus and instead of conducting a package A ($181.68 b4 GST) for 70000km.

the service advisor did a package B ($337.81 b4 GST) without telling her and further got her to do air con cleaning plus disinfection ($119.62 b4 GST) saying it is for covit 19 and safety issues. SA also recommended an engine flush ($72.9 b4 GST) and told her that it is necessary at this mileage. She has also paid for 3L synthetic engine oil at $89.30 b4 GST

The whole bill came up to $663.00 with GST. I read that tan chong standard are getting bad after taken over by contractors. But to prey on a helpless woman is unbelievable and down right dishonest. I have to say some outside workshops have more integrity then them...

I told my wifey that this will be our last car from tan chong as too many unhappy experiences.  

(edited)
9 hours ago, Icetee168 said:

today my wifey took the qashqai to nissan at leng kee for servicing and to diagnose some noises from the under carriage as she doesnt wanna go to outside workshop. the mileage on the car is 73000km plus and instead of conducting a package A ($181.68 b4 GST) for 70000km.

the service advisor did a package B ($337.81 b4 GST) without telling her and further got her to do air con cleaning plus disinfection ($119.62 b4 GST) saying it is for covit 19 and safety issues. SA also recommended an engine flush ($72.9 b4 GST) and told her that it is necessary at this mileage. She has also paid for 3L synthetic engine oil at $89.30 b4 GST

The whole bill came up to $663.00 with GST. I read that tan chong standard are getting bad after taken over by contractors. But to prey on a helpless woman is unbelievable and down right dishonest. I have to say some outside workshops have more integrity then them...

I told my wifey that this will be our last car from tan chong as too many unhappy experiences.  

is yours the 1.2T or 2.0 qashqai? facelift or pre facelift version?

Edited by StreamRSZ

9 hours ago, Icetee168 said:

This also happens in many external workshops as well. It can also be worst. Some finds parts where it doesnt need to be repaired or replaced. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 6/3/2020 at 9:57 PM, Icetee168 said:

Hi Icetea,

Dun feel bad, this is standard package and $ as well as some being good to do, including sythetic oil, engine flush and aircon cleaning.

I am ok and not ignorant on these things but I wil still do these mentioned 3 items ... so enjoy the nice feeling that your engine is well protected by syntheticneo that also last 10km instead of 5km, fresh clean air from cleaned aircon system and cleaned engine.

Even for the package B, at least someone had taken a closer look at your car and did not report any major issue .. should also be positive. In addition, you can go back to them if something is amiss.

If indeed the 1.2L, I do agree it is not a reliable car especially those earlier ones before Jub 2016 ... 2.0L is fine and if you had owned 3 new Sunny of different gens like I did but din own the qashqai 1.2l, you may say tanchong has the most vfm and reliable cars.

PS: 1.2L qashqai made in uk and using Renault engine is not exactly a typical car from Nissan, japanese or Tanchong.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

10 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Icetea,

Dun feel bad, this is standard package and $ as well as some being good to do, including sythetic oil, engine flush and aircon cleaning.

I am ok and not ignorant on these things but I wil still do these mentioned 3 items ... so enjoy the nice feeling that your engine is well protected by syntheticneo that also last 10km instead of 5km, fresh clean air from cleaned aircon system and cleaned engine.

Even for the package B, at least someone had taken a closer look at your car and did not report any major issue .. should also be positive. In addition, you can go back to them if something is amiss.

If indeed the 1.2L, I do agree it is not a reliable car especially those earlier ones before Jub 2016 ... 2.0L is fine and if you had owned 3 new Sunny of different gens like I did but din own the qashqai 1.2l, you may say tanchong has the most vfm and reliable cars.

PS: 1.2L qashqai made in uk and using Renault engine is not exactly a typical car from Nissan, japanese or Tanchong.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard

I am feeling bad because I have done the air con cleaning, changed air con filter and engine flush in my last servicing.

Seriously, didn't expect tan chong to do a package B for 70000km servicing. Till date, I still couldn't believe nissan excludes engine oil from their servicing packages. Anyway, what done is done as wifey is the one that agreed to it and I cant be upset with wifey otherwise she would use her nagging power on me during bedtime as peaceful sleep is very important to someone my age...

I used to own a subaru before and tan chong workshops have given me many unhappy experiences, if it is not my wifey who doesnt wanna go to an external workshop i would not have gone back to nissan.

Basically, reliable cars and workshops are a thing of the past or is it my fate that i m not destined to meet one 🙂

Enough said, remember to wash those hands and stay safe...

On 6/6/2020 at 10:21 PM, Icetee168 said:

Hi Richard

I am feeling bad because I have done the air con cleaning, changed air con filter and engine flush in my last servicing.

Seriously, didn't expect tan chong to do a package B for 70000km servicing. Till date, I still couldn't believe nissan excludes engine oil from their servicing packages. Anyway, what done is done as wifey is the one that agreed to it and I cant be upset with wifey otherwise she would use her nagging power on me during bedtime as peaceful sleep is very important to someone my age...

I used to own a subaru before and tan chong workshops have given me many unhappy experiences, if it is not my wifey who doesnt wanna go to an external workshop i would not have gone back to nissan.

Basically, reliable cars and workshops are a thing of the past or is it my fate that i m not destined to meet one 🙂

Enough said, remember to wash those hands and stay safe...

Hey Icetee,

Shit .. din realised aircon just serviced 😞

I would got back and demand reimbursement as their service record must show for them to check !

Cheers.

Richard

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

anyone ever experienced this problem on the Qashqai 1.2T?

Infotainment system just keeps restarting, the screen shows error codes in chinese (错误代码001 [Error Code 001], tried to tap the 机器复位 [Reset Machine] button but no response at all)

cant play music via bluetooth, cant access the touchscreen at all, pressing radio buttons no use also..

is there a way to fix myself? hahah thanksss

IMG_6235.JPG

Edited by fatburger

Neutral Newbie
On 6/17/2020 at 7:13 PM, fatburger said:

anyone ever experienced this problem on the Qashqai 1.2T?

Infotainment system just keeps restarting, the screen shows error codes in chinese (错误代码001 [Error Code 001], tried to tap the 机器复位 [Reset Machine] button but no response at all)

cant play music via bluetooth, cant access the touchscreen at all, pressing radio buttons no use also..

is there a way to fix myself? hahah thanksss

IMG_6235.JPG

XhDtTCC.jpg

Having the same problem, Tan Cheong quoted $350 to repair. Saying that their technician will have to remove the unit for a few days to service it.

Now looking at other possible alternatives. 

Hi Bros, do you guys know how many litres of engine oil is needed for our 1.2A ? My mechanic told me ours need 5 litres which I am quite surprise as this is only a small 1.2L engine. Thank you for your reply in advance. 

1 hour ago, Ralliwira said:

Hi Bros, do you guys know how many litres of engine oil is needed for our 1.2A ? My mechanic told me ours need 5 litres which I am quite surprise as this is only a small 1.2L engine. Thank you for your reply in advance. 

It is 4+ Litres. As a result, we would need to get a 5L, as 4L is insufficient. You can refer to the owner's manual. Turbo engines tend to require more oil as well.

↡ Advertisement