Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

3 hours ago, tmloh1978 said:

Yes, exactly same. Care to share which workshop you went?

Will PM you the workshop. 

My phone not working properly. Sorry for the nuisance posting😓

3 hours ago, tmloh1978 said:

21 hours ago, LEWISSVF2098 said:

↡ Advertisement

@jaja2000 Hi can also share which outside workshop did you go.

I plan to go to TC for 60km servicing so I'm sure they'll suggest few things to change, which I can do outside instead for less probably.

I been driving this Qashqai for the past almost 5 years and done about 90k mileage. All servicing done by TC. Just went for the mandatory 5 years inspection.

But list a few common problems as encountered:

1. Brake tick tok sound when depress. Went TC for checks and they told me was due to the solenoid on and off. The SA at Ubi was rather rude and simply walk away as if wasting his time to check.

2. Front mounting replaced as there were "thud" sounds when making a right turn from stop and centering back steering. The workshop confirmed this problem. TC was unable to locate this problem eventhough leaving the car for their checks earlier.

3. Drive shaft oil seal slight seeping of oil and valve cover gasket. These were replaced by outside workshop.

4. Throttle pipe o-ring, oil sump gasket oil leaking. (Yet to confirm.)

Item 3 and 4 were informed by TC. I would suggest to spent some time to confirm the defects to rectify the problems in order to save some (lots of) money for these repairs. 

Other than that, this car serves me well and  have no other complaint.

• Praise 1

On 4/19/2021 at 11:37 AM, jaja2000 said:

I been driving this Qashqai for the past almost 5 years and done about 90k mileage. All servicing done by TC. Just went for the mandatory 5 years inspection.

But list a few common problems as encountered:

1. Brake tick tok sound when depress. Went TC for checks and they told me was due to the solenoid on and off. The SA at Ubi was rather rude and simply walk away as if wasting his time to check.

2. Front mounting replaced as there were "thud" sounds when making a right turn from stop and centering back steering. The workshop confirmed this problem. TC was unable to locate this problem eventhough leaving the car for their checks earlier.

3. Drive shaft oil seal slight seeping of oil and valve cover gasket. These were replaced by outside workshop.

4. Throttle pipe o-ring, oil sump gasket oil leaking. (Yet to confirm.)

Item 3 and 4 were informed by TC. I would suggest to spent some time to confirm the defects to rectify the problems in order to save some (lots of) money for these repairs. 

Other than that, this car serves me well and  have no other complaint.

Is yours a 1.2 or 2.0?

Shouldn't TC fix all problems discovered since the warranty is of 5 years? 

Neutral Newbie

Hi. I’m driving 1.2 turbo. Manufacturinq 2016. Does the mirror auto fold when locking the car? 

1 hour ago, Des29 said:

Hi. I’m driving 1.2 turbo. Manufacturinq 2016. Does the mirror auto fold when locking the car? 

Nope, no autofold when locked for the earlier batch, need to press button to fold it.

Think only the facelift have it.

↡ Advertisement