Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

On 7/18/2021 at 8:17 PM, Gt5454 said:

Just try to do some trouble shooting my self. It seems that the rattling noise will go off if I switch off the air con. So could it be the compressor / condenser or the fan that is causing the noise ? 

Hi gt,

Rattling should be fan .. common issue.

Some workshops will help to save some $ for you by retrofiting new fan motors for you.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

Hi Gt,

Definitely the fan. Went TC to check and replace it free as warranty claim.

Didn't know that the fan has different speed thus when air con compressor is on the noise rattles.

Thanks Richard and jaja2000,

went to check and it’s indeed the fan. Unfortunately warranty over so I had to pay $635 for the part before labour 😰

11 hours ago, Gt5454 said:

went to check and it’s indeed the fan. Unfortunately warranty over so I had to pay $635 for the part before labour 😰

you went back TC to replace? so ex.

@StreamRSZ yes crazy ex. Paid $1074 including servicing. My mistake as I thought fan should be a relatively cheap item to replace. The SA told me that it’s the whole module and he gave me some discount on labour charges only 

7 hours ago, Gt5454 said:

@StreamRSZ yes crazy ex. Paid $1074 including servicing. My mistake as I thought fan should be a relatively cheap item to replace. The SA told me that it’s the whole module and he gave me some discount on labour charges only 

you could have went outside workshop to do instead. probably will just cost you a fraction of the price with balance.

(edited)

@StreamRSZ yes lesson learnt but I don’t know any workshop so far as my warranty just ended few months ago and all along have been servicing at TC within warranty period … sigh 

bro do you have any workshops to recommend ? Thanks 

Edited by Gt5454

1 hour ago, Gt5454 said:

@StreamRSZ yes lesson learnt but I don’t know any workshop so far as my warranty just ended few months ago and all along have been servicing at TC within warranty period … sigh 

bro do you have any workshops to recommend ? Thanks 

no leh... im not drving a QQ. i self maintain my car so i dont visit workshops unless necessary for diy stuffs that are difficult.

18 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

you went back TC to replace? so ex.

Hi Stream,

Indeed too ex ... please go to Kim Aircon.

Been there for last 30 yrs and honest, reliable, friendly etc. Kim will take care at minimal expense ... I dare vouch for him without slightest doubt.

Cheers.

Richard

Screenshot_20210725-014231_Chrome.jpg

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Gt5454 said:

Oops ... done and forget about it then.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: Tot bro Stream and with apology to him and you

hello QQ gurus, i am a first time car owner and intend to purchase a 2-3years old face lift 1.2T, can anyone recommend a reliable workshop for prechecks/inspection before i sign the papers with the dealer? thx!

On 7/2/2021 at 7:33 PM, Ralliwira said:

Hi,

I am driving the End 2017 facelifted Qashqai. Today I found out that the left side DRL is dimmer than the right side. May I ask any Bros here whether the LED bulb can be changed ?

Thanks in advance.

Tan Chong Motor is able to repair this one side daytime running light dimmer than the other side problem.

If I didn't remember correctly, it cost $200+.

But the repair was done together during servicing.

So I'm not sure whether the price will be the same if you're not doing servicing with them.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:02 PM, Ralliwira said:

@Cheesepiekia Thanks Bro. Yes, already sent my car to TC last week for the repair and was charged $245. No servicing done just this repair work. Was told if change the whole module will cost $3k.

Glad to hear that.

That is the problem with cars nowadays.

Daytime running light, hi and low beam, signal light all integrated together in the same housing.

And there is no bulb to change.

On 7/23/2021 at 7:34 PM, Gt5454 said:

Did you aircon take longer too cool due the fan?

On 7/7/2021 at 2:15 PM, Wildfaye29 said:

Hi guys, my 2015 1.2T has been making loud noises from the engine bay when moving off in low gear and low speeds.

Its sounds abit like grinding, like a roar. But it seems to go away when driving at a more constant speeds of maybe 50-60kmh or more.

Currently 56k km.

Last changed engine oil almost 10k ago. ATF was changed at 40k.

Any idea if I'm in for a huge repair?

TIA.

Sounds like mine is the aircon fan too

↡ Advertisement