Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

(edited)

1/2 1/2 -

Getting an extra set of pillar

From there ..... Work on

Fiber glass , wooden mount.... Leather wrap ...... Etc

It smoother up acclecration and the roll is more

Meaning the car roll further when the foot is off the accelerator ..

Hi Janjen,

Indeed K&N filter makes your rider arguably lighter but pls dun expect day and nite different. Only ethrottle and piggyback like racechip ultimate gave significant difference on performance in addition to some others like strut bar, lowered spring, BBK etc.

However, there are also those who never want to use K&F filter cos it is oil based especially when you clean it yourself after 50k miles as recommended. I am using it also but my estima had its airflow sensor clogged cos local periodic service dun clean airflow sensor like in usa or europe.

You will find engine shuttering and loss in power and probably high FC if airflow sensor is clogged like in my experience but that was after 200k km and hence I am still using albeit taking care no excessive reoiling after cleaned.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement

I also not on ulitmate ....

But yet I feel I have the oomph .....

:)

Hi Meemee,

Perhaps my expectation then cos estima is 2.4L or 2X the capacity and its 1.9ton may not be obvious after initial pick up at 60-70km/hr.

However at 90km/hr upwards, 1.2L QQ certainly need to keep throttle open while 2.4L estima just cruises along with minimal intervention of the ethrottle. At these speeds, any needed acceleration is also for sure more brisk with the 2.4L estima.

Hence, I would love the ultimate if not my CO's warning not to violate warranty too obviously :(

Cheers.

Richard

My Q1.2T will be delivered by end of month. Booked during recent expo, on 6 bid guarantee. TC got my COE this week. Car reaching shores early next week.

1) What is a good paint protection to take up?

2) Where can I go to get some sound insulation done on the doors?

Thank you.

• Praise 1

Hi Janjen,

Indeed K&N filter makes your rider arguably lighter but pls dun expect day and nite different. Only ethrottle and piggyback like racechip ultimate gave significant difference on performance in addition to some others like strut bar, lowered spring, BBK etc.

However, there are also those who never want to use K&F filter cos it is oil based especially when you clean it yourself after 50k miles as recommended. I am using it also but my estima had its airflow sensor clogged cos local periodic service dun clean airflow sensor like in usa or europe.

You will find engine shuttering and loss in power and probably high FC if airflow sensor is clogged like in my experience but that was after 200k km and hence I am still using albeit taking care no excessive reoiling after cleaned.

Cheers.

Richard

Yes the oil coupled with dirt becomes sticky residue. In my old ride the throttle body became a "sticky" issue.

1) I have good PPS experience with Optishine (read previous posts on this).

2) Go to MeeMee if you are keen on insulation work. 

My Q1.2T will be delivered by end of month. Booked during recent expo, on 6 bid guarantee. TC got my COE this week. Car reaching shores early next week.

1) What is a good paint protection to take up?
2) Where can I go to get some sound insulation done on the doors?

Thank you.

This 6.5 inch sub look good -----to place at the rear doors

Meemee and all expert out there,may l ask what about the front if l were to put this at the rear? Considering using Hertz for my front and left the rear untouch with the Pioneer subwoofer. I'm not that particular but just want something better than stock.

You may need lots of sound damping material for the sub at the door, else lot of metal vibration will generated .

Hence - distortions .....

If you want to drive good speaker , I suggest maybe consider changing a head unit first ......

Cause stock not enough power to drive after market speaker.

1) I have good PPS experience with Optishine (read previous posts on this).

2) Go to MeeMee if you are keen on insulation work.

Sorry ----- Meemee stop doing the door insulation works....

Maybe for a time being.....

Due to family commitments :)

Meemee and all expert out there,may l ask what about the front if l were to put this at the rear? Considering using Hertz for my front and left the rear untouch with the Pioneer subwoofer. I'm not that particular but just want something better than stock.

Now working on how to add damping material :)

You may need lots of sound damping material for the sub at the door, else lot of metal vibration will generated .

Hence - distortions .....

If you want to drive good speaker , I suggest maybe consider changing a head unit first ......

Cause stock not enough power to drive after market speaker.

Sorry ----- Meemee stop doing the door insulation works....

Maybe for a time being.....

Due to family commitments :)

Now working on how to add damping material :)

Ok. Tks.

Hi Bros,

Those whose asked avout thr reverse camera function on my newsmy dual wince and full android headunit, pls see enclosed much clearer and bright view with same stick camera due to simply superior 1024x600 screen against stock's 800x400.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-67981800-1462622354_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Hi dash1234,

Oh no, meemee is showing superior replacement for your pioneer subwoofer cos rear door has the required bigger volume for low bass.

You simply need to get some better 2 way speakers if you.want to improve the sound but as meemee mentioned, better headunit will make more significant difference and stock system + speake4s is quite ok and you hqve to spent quite a lot to upgrade significantly.

Cheers.

Richard

1) I have good PPS experience with Optishine (read previous posts on this).

2) Go to MeeMee if you are keen on insulation work.

Thanks Eric.

And noted MeeMee not free to do insulation anymore :).

Hi dash1234,

Oh no, meemee is showing superior replacement for your pioneer subwoofer cos rear door has the required bigger volume for low bass.

You simply need to get some better 2 way speakers if you.want to improve the sound but as meemee mentioned, better headunit will make more significant difference and stock system + speake4s is quite ok and you hqve to spent quite a lot to upgrade significantly.

Cheers.

Richard

Get a decent set :)

Make the ride more enjoyable .....

Especially after a hard day work .... Pump up the volume and enjoy the ride......

Must start the audio culture going ....

Seem like not many into audio now a days ----

Correct me if I m wrong

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Is the 'power cut' that happens when turning for the 1.2 fixed? If so, what was the cause of this glitch? How was this fixed?

Especially after a hard day work .... Pump up the volume and enjoy the ride......

Correct me if I m wrong

Any recommended place to get the audio done? Should change the heaf unit? Need to add amp, woofer and change speakers?

My friend's new PI toyota sounds great w the locally installed pioneer HU costing S$200-300 and stock speakers. Quite astonishing.

Correct me if I m wrong

Hi Meemee,

Think now stock headunit not too bad and also with nav like ours that deter owners to change.

Also younger gen grow up on ipod mp3 and not into high fidelity.

Oso, have car nowadays damn achievement liao with high payments to make and there are also many other distraction as alternative avenue to spend $, including high priced housing.

Cheers !

Richard

Is the 'power cut' that happens when turning for the 1.2 fixed? If so, what was the cause of this glitch? How was this fixed?

It's the idling start/start software bug and solved with updated software.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1