Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Neutral Newbie

On 4/10/2023 at 8:17 PM, Ralliwira said:

@Magikarp The DRL is spoilt. Go back to Tan Cheong and get it done. I did mine 2 years back for about $250. A very fast job which I think Tan Cheong has figured out how to change the bulb. Those outside workshop I checked with said must change the whole light assembly which cost around 2-3K.

Thanks. That’s good news. Thought I may have to spend a bomb to get it repaired. 

Neutral Newbie
On 4/10/2023 at 10:02 PM, Alex_t said:

@Magikarp For me, both my DRLs spoilt at a month's interval during my 2nd year of ownership, they are therefore replaced under warranty. Now, 5th year anniversary, both DRLs spoilt again at an interval of 6mths. i have no intention to repair them although I know TC can repair @ $250/pc. Just live with the dimmed DRLs since it's no longer "one-eyed" 😄

Hmmm. The problem is I don’t know when the other one will be spoilt. May need to go for more road trip to purposely spoil it 😅

Neutral Newbie
On 4/11/2023 at 9:10 AM, Watwheels said:

How about trying to remove the fuse? 

Go to the fuse box, open the cover and see underneath it. You should see a map of all the fuses are located, find the DRL fuse. Use the tweezer tool provided and pull out the DRL fuse. Forget about the DRL if it is giving you so much problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. Another option for me to consider

Neutral Newbie

Anyone faced with these issues before and can identify the issues:

1. “Tuk tuk “ sound when steering left and right while accelerating.

2. Spongy feel and loud “tud” sound when approaching speed humps.

On 5/10/2023 at 9:40 PM, han123 said:

Anyone faced with these issues before and can identify the issues:

1. “Tuk tuk “ sound when steering left and right while accelerating.

2. Spongy feel and loud “tud” sound when approaching speed humps.

Suspension dying liao

Neutral Newbie

Bros, is there any place or anyone that repair or replace reverse sensors?

My qashqai reverse sensors are not working with a funny beep sound. Doesn't work when I go near any of the 4 rear sensors 

Tks.

On 5/31/2023 at 8:39 PM, Spezlezz said:

Bros, is there any place or anyone that repair or replace reverse sensors?

My qashqai reverse sensors are not working with a funny beep sound. Doesn't work when I go near any of the 4 rear sensors 

Tks.

those car accessories shop will have. just replace them if not working

(edited)
On 5/31/2023 at 11:24 PM, Spezlezz said:

Tks Bro. The workshop I go doesn't do this[:)]

workshop usually don't supply reverse sensors, have to go to car accessories shop like those selling audio head unit ones will probably have

Edited by QQDreamer

Neutral Newbie
On 3/2/2023 at 6:34 PM, QQDreamer said:

@ah-ho have u managed to resolved your issues for your QQ?

@QQDreamer Basic problem solved. But im still stuck with the acceleration problem. Underpower when pickup.  And the warning light still on. Sigh, my mech not experience enough.  Consumption now abt 450km for full tank.

On 6/2/2023 at 7:41 AM, Ah-Ho said:

@QQDreamer Basic problem solved. But im still stuck with the acceleration problem. Underpower when pickup.  And the warning light still on. Sigh, my mech not experience enough.  Consumption now abt 450km for full tank.

your misfire issue solved? seek other workshop opinion. 

(edited)
On 6/2/2023 at 7:41 AM, Ah-Ho said:

Do try pivot ethrottle to help pick up but consumption may then be 400km or less.

The other key issue is that earlier batch of QQ has piston rings issue leading to oil consumption i.e. chamber may be clogged up and efficiency lost.

Cheers.

Edited by richard_crl032

Neutral Newbie

6 mths ago.. I have changed

4x coil & spark plug hoping to solve acceleration problem. But problems unsolved.

3 mths after..  changed

Cylinder head casket

Skiing cylinder head and reset tapper

Valve cover casket

Inlet valve

Exhaust valve

Fan belt

Crank shaft oil seal

Fuel pressure regulator

Thermostats with hosing

Gear box filter and fluid.

Sigh... after doing all these, my problem still unsolved.  Acceleration still no power when acceleration...  I will need to off aircon to get more power on pickup. 

On 6/2/2023 at 10:37 PM, Ah-Ho said:

6 mths ago.. I have changed

4x coil & spark plug hoping to solve acceleration problem. But problems unsolved.

3 mths after..  changed

Cylinder head casket

Skiing cylinder head and reset tapper

Valve cover casket

Inlet valve

Exhaust valve

Fan belt

Crank shaft oil seal

Fuel pressure regulator

Thermostats with hosing

Gear box filter and fluid.

Sigh... after doing all these, my problem still unsolved.  Acceleration still no power when acceleration...  I will need to off aircon to get more power on pickup. 

Maybe is the gearbox issue. Did the mechanic check the gearbox?

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Sorry if it's going to be a long post but just to share my experiences so far buying/owning a 1.2 QQ.

Bought a Sep/Oct 2016 QQ from direct seller, 1st owner, she's an acquaintance of a family member.

Mileage at 34k km, seller is an air stewardess who is migrating end of this month. 

Test drove the car at her place, no funny sounds everything looks good save for minor scratches and dinks.

Collected the car middle of this month and so far I have done the following

1. Interior & Exterior cleaning at Island Car Wash & Grooming since the car was quite dirty - $160

2. Change 4x tyres to Bridgestone Alenza 001 at Yung Hin Tyre & Battery - $560

Current set was still original Goodyear Efficientgrip SUV from week 14, 2016. Thread still okay but changed since coming 7 years old and my steering wheel felt very heavy. 

3. Change to Varta Silver AGM battery at Yung Hin Tyre & Battery - $260

Current battery changed in 2021, so I just thought might as well change one shot together with the tyres.

Past week noticed a rattling sound from the centre dashboard when idling and rattling sound on the right side when I am accelerating.

At cruising speed, both sounds will go away. Progressively, the rattling sound from right side persisted when I am idling as well. 

Both sounds will go away when I off the aircon thus had a feeling it's an aircon issue. Aircon was still very cold except for the 2 issues above.

Just came back from L&Kim Aircon this afternoon, a worker came by to check. At first he said could just be mounting issue since its worn but he will check. 

The boss came with his rod and start checking, both diagnose as compressor issue.

They also brought their neighbour workshop fella to check on the mounting.

Advised to change the compressor first and observe after, if not the engine mounting also may have to change.

Now my car is with L&Kim, was advised about 6+pm will be done. Cost : $830

One last thing that I noticed, when returning the steering wheel from full lock while reversing, there will be a TOK sound. When moving normally and turning, no such sound.

Having almost read through the pages of this thread, I have found a few things that may be causing this but it's KIV first, for now I wont full lock while reversing.

Other than the above wear and tear things I have changed, the ride has been good much better since I was driving a Sylphy before this. 

FC can't say much since I am still on my first full tank pumped last week.

Now I am thinking where to send the car for it's first major 40k km servicing, considering between:

1. going back to TC and get their NPMP

2. go to Autosaver

3. go to ERA Auto c/o Kelvin

Any bros got any recommendation be it the above 3 or other workshops? Thanks!

↡ Advertisement