Simi si "Chinese Helicopter"? Dialect lingua

Darthrevan

No choice bro. From young, my dad never talk to us in Hainanese. :mellow:

understand, i so old liao only know a little bit (shame!) [:/][:/]

↡ Advertisement

the dialect to me feel very 'hard' like rock (like kena hammered!), if you know what i mean, some dialect you can feel the soft, smooth and gentle of it, but Hockchew is really one of its kind, you can't speak without raising your voice [laugh][laugh]

Hockchew's name usually ends with ing ...

Ling..

Ding..

Ting...

Bing...

Ying...

[laugh]

my wife is hockchew..

Learn dialect / language from pretty girls is the best.. Got eye candy, and that's motivation to learn more. Though, those two, not my type lah.. =D

Like that:

time to bring back canto movies/dramas

Starhub has TVB to watch canto dramas. Canto movie go JB buy lah.

dialect is one of the languages u can communicate in front of foreigners cos even now, pinoys, ang mo, prc can speak mandarin but not hokkien unless they r Taiwanese.

Hockchew's name usually ends with ing ...

Ling..

Ding..

Ting...

Bing...

Ying...

[laugh]

my wife is hockchew..

did you get hammered ? [laugh][laugh]

Actually the dialects never disappears what? Every day I hear people scold foul language from hokkien and Cantonese mah.....

young people also scolding, ah tiongs also know the hokkien bad words ........it will never die out~~~~

Actually the dialects never disappears what? Every day I hear people scold foul language from hokkien and Cantonese mah.....

young people also scolding, ah tiongs also know the hokkien bad words ........it will never die out~~~~

Do u mean Tiu & Tiao? :)

dialect is one of the languages u can communicate in front of foreigners cos even now, pinoys, ang mo, prc can speak mandarin but not hokkien unless they r Taiwanese.

Wrong. I think PRC from Fujian province speaks Hokkien too.

Anyway, regretted not learning Teochew and improving my Mandarin. Me Teochew but cannot speak Teochew. Mandarin also cannot make it. [shakehead]

• Praise 1

Same thing for that stupid initiative to "Stop at 2".

Great job by them! [thumbsup] Dialects should never have been "banned". It was a stupid initiative by WHOEVER started it. [:|]

They should have telecast all the Taiwanese shows here in Hokkien.

Some of the Taiwanese variety shows have occasional hokkien singing and that part is usually cut away.

Listening to Hokkien songs/ language will compromise your command for Mandarin, REALLY?

• Praise 1

Some of the Taiwanese variety shows have occasional hokkien singing and that part is usually cut away.

Listening to Hokkien songs/ language will compromise your command for Mandarin, REALLY?

Exactly. Those censored away are normally the crux of the dialogue, funniest that give the most "flavour". Dubbed into mandarin just doesn't cut it. Same as a lot of Hong Kong shows. After translated, the jokes just do not sound as funny anymore. [shakehead] It's really a pity.

so that the "talents" wont understand what we talking about [lipsrsealed]

wait they also talk in their own dialects among fellow villagers working here!!! end of the day, in one office, too many dialects (local and FT/FW) filling the room!!! how? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

but back to the topic ------------- its time to pay respect, by using it, to our own dialects which our pioneering forefathers brought to sgp when they moved here from their home country nearly 100 years ago!!

i think ATB, Pinoy xmm, know dialects but limit to only "tiu". "Gan".... not sure about angmoh

Agreed!

Exactly. Those censored away are normally the crux of the dialogue, funniest that give the most "flavour". Dubbed into mandarin just doesn't cut it. Same as a lot of Hong Kong shows. After translated, the jokes just do not sound as funny anymore. [shakehead] It's really a pity.

No matter what dubbing language is used, the entire feel of the show changes, slightly at least, even if the dubbing is good. Whether dialects, or the entire language is changed, sometimes I will feel unease when I see the actors mouth moving and the dubbed language is different from how the mouth supposed to be moving. Not sure if I'm making sense here, haha..

• Praise 1

It's actually "Chinese Educated". Last time education system can choose between Chinese or English. If Chinese every subject will be taught in Chinese.

But the Hokkien Beng cannot pronounce "educated" so "helicopter" is used.

Kapeesh?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15