The 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia

Nostalgia

On 9/27/2020 at 11:23 PM, mel1888 said:

If u drive Veloce alone, please DO NOT bring any credit cards. Else bring your wife. Giulia is the mistress men wish their wife was.

Any insight into super vs veloce. Is the 40k delta worth it?

I suspect it’s not just a different Bin engine or just a detuned from 280 to 200 bhp

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

I suspect it’s not just a different Bin engine or just a detuned from 280 to 200 bhp

It is the same engine but Veloce has mechanical LSD, better seats, different trim. 

On 9/25/2020 at 7:21 PM, Kofsiao said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. 

Well he told me servicing was expensive and advised me to stick with beemers or mercedes. 

Maybe I will go do a test drive first. I have seen a couple of the road and find them gorgeous. Might let heart overrule brain. 

Did u end up with the Giulia? :grin: 

4 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Don’t think the nett difference is 40k, probably less than that. But with the facelift prices and current COE.. I dunno.

if you’re serious about considering one, I can recommend someone to u.

besides power, there’s mechanical LSD, bigger brembos, front seats that hug you more, 19” rims, adaptive suspension. 

the facelift has a nicer interior now, with better steering wheel, wrapped leather dash, touchscreen infotainment with additional info like Oil Pressure, Boost and Torque gauges, leather gear knob, wireless charging, more logical centre console layout, and Harmon/Kardon sound system that sounds good.

plus a new palette of colours to choose from.

• Praise 5

On 12/27/2020 at 2:57 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

Don’t think the nett difference is 40k, probably less than that. But with the facelift prices and current COE.. I dunno.

if you’re serious about considering one, I can recommend someone to u.

besides power, there’s mechanical LSD, bigger brembos, front seats that hug you more, 19” rims, adaptive suspension. 

the facelift has a nicer interior now, with better steering wheel, wrapped leather dash, touchscreen infotainment with additional info like Oil Pressure, Boost and Torque gauges, leather gear knob, wireless charging, more logical centre console layout, and Harmon/Kardon sound system that sounds good.

plus a new palette of colours to choose from.

Would you know Hows the spare part and service cost like.. manageable or need to sell a kidney for 30,000km servicing ?

🤪

18 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Would you know Hows the spare part and service cost like.. manageable or need to sell a kidney for 30,000km servicing ?

🤪

I remember being told it comes with 10 free servicing at 10,000km interval. Not sure if its still the case now.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I remember being told it comes with 10 free servicing at 10,000km interval. Not sure if its still the case now.

Wow that’s nice .. as long as it’s totally free and not have to pay for parts which is usually markup by quite a bit at AD

Edited by Sdf4786k

4 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Wow that’s nice .. as long as it’s totally free and not have to pay for parts which is usually markup by quite a bit at AD

Yup mine came with 5 year warranty and 10 servicing included every 10k. Excluding wear and tear parts.

generally Alfa parts are not expensive.

• Praise 4

On 12/29/2020 at 6:18 PM, wlalala said:

really beautiful vehicle

nowsaday  beemer and benz and audi dun make ppl turn head liao.

this car will really make ppl turn their head 180' and really look at it😁

Edited by Beregond

13 hours ago, Hamburger said:

If drive a i8, confirm turn head. 😬

Err i8 got complicated problems that can be difficult to solve .. 

temp overheating is one of them .. not all but some of the cars do act up 

used prices are really attractive some more 3cylinder 1.5 .. extend coe also quite manageable just for looks alone .. 

• Haha! 1

18 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Yup mine came with 5 year warranty and 10 servicing included every 10k. Excluding wear and tear parts.

generally Alfa parts are not expensive.

So how does the wear and tear definition works? Water pump and coil packs , suspension consider wear and tear?

are the definition very close to what Ford had once upon a time?

I would think electric gremlins are not wear and tear as well as dashboard cracks? 

else 30 k parts changes are considered wear and tear .., 

Edited by Sdf4786k

3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

So how does the wear and tear definition works? Water pump and coil packs , suspension consider wear and tear?

are the definition very close to what Ford had once upon a time?

I would think electric gremlins are not wear and tear as well as dashboard cracks? 

else 30 k parts changes are considered wear and tear .., 

I didn’t ask what’s considered wear and tear. But reasonably speaking, suspension, brake pads, air filters, spark plug, wiper blades, tyres, aircon filters etc.. should be wear and tear and be replaced at separate cost from the free servicing.

unless suspension creaks or leaks at 10k or 20k, which is way below its lifespan, then I’d argue for warranty replacement. 

2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I didn’t ask what’s considered wear and tear. But reasonably speaking, suspension, brake pads, air filters, spark plug, wiper blades, tyres, aircon filters etc.. should be wear and tear and be replaced at separate cost from the free servicing.

unless suspension creaks or leaks at 10k or 20k, which is way below its lifespan, then I’d argue for warranty replacement. 

I believe that’s quite reasonable to expect..

So some AD who do warranty 5 years usually mentioned that from year 3 onwards are the engine and drive train. The rest is consider wear and tear.

I test drove the veloce couple of days ago and the drive is astonishingly good. I'm a little ok with Alfa since it's ZF gearbox, Bosch electronics and the carbon fibre shaft is from Hitachi since they have outsourced outside italy for parts. My only concern is fuel consumption will be high and also servicing cost higher compared to other German cars. 

On 1/1/2021 at 2:16 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

4 hours ago, Raj7398an said:

I test drove the veloce couple of days ago and the drive is astonishingly good. I'm a little ok with Alfa since it's ZF gearbox, Bosch electronics and the carbon fibre shaft is from Hitachi since they have outsourced outside italy for parts. My only concern is fuel consumption will be high and also servicing cost higher compared to other German cars. 

So whats the veloce average FC in sg driving? how about the super?

↡ Advertisement