The 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia

Nostalgia

Worrying signs.  Article first linked from Jalopnik

http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/first-drive-review-2016-alfa-romeo-giulia-2/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-FBPAGE-_-SundayTimesDriving-_-20160516-_-Driving-_-470274143-_-Imageandlink&linkId=24540857

However, in other areas, Alfa Romeo seems like a stuck record, its needle unable to play past a reputation for poor quality.

One Giulia was wheeled off like an A&E casualty after the infotainment system failed. Another I drove had an engine warning light screaming for attention from the instrument binnacle, and the cruise control refused to switch on. A third car tested suffered a frozen infotainment system, which could only be brought back to life by stopping the car and switching the ignition off and back on, and at times some air vents stopped blowing air whilst others continued.

One colleague suffered jammed parking sensors, so they drove around with the car going “beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep”.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Fans will call this small issues. [laugh]

Italian cars are not known for quality or reliabilty. Fans know that [laugh] . And for this brand not coming up with any good models for so long do not expect too much from the Giulia although the maketing campaign makes it look damn good. As long as the car looks stunning and turn heads all else are small issues.

• Praise 1

But apparently, this new babe seemed to have acheived the impossible - sharp, precise RWD handling and quick responsive steering, and good range of rev-happy engines, with Jaguar XE-beating ride comfort!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/alfa-romeo/giulia/first-drives/2016-alfa-romeo-giulia-20-multiair-review

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/alfa-romeo/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-2016-review/

Reading these reviews got me all excited about it.

• Praise 2

Yep small issues.....also complain.

Hear the exhaust revving

Feel the rear wheel drive handling

See that amazing sleek design

"soul" is more important than all the tiny ity gritty stuff....lol

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Fans will call this small issues. [laugh]

Italian cars are not known for quality or reliabilty. Fans know that [laugh] . And for this brand not coming up with any good models for so long do not expect too much from the Giulia although the maketing campaign makes it look damn good. As long as the car looks stunning and turn heads all else are small issues.

Fans call problems "character".

I call it denial.

• Praise 6

Fans call problems "character".

I call it denial.

denial delusion..same lah...haha

Supersonic

denial delusion..same lah...haha

When was the last time alfa produced something worthy and not a Fiat in disguise?

Let's face it...the world has moved on.

At least these Alfa owners can label themselves a true petrolhead if they can overlook these minor shortcomings.

I don't want to be a petrolhead then. I just want my car to function the way it should. Lol

• Praise 2

Supersonic

At least these Alfa owners can label themselves a true petrolhead if they can overlook these minor shortcomings.

I don't want to be a petrolhead then. I just want my car to function the way it should. Lol

Liddat french car owners can oso label themselves a true petrolhead....LOL

Liddat french car owners can oso label themselves a true petrolhead....LOL

Bro you heng here not many french cars owners.. haha

Alfa car specs always look good on paper, but as for reliability, it is an issue. My relative drove a Alfa156 years ago, told me always have to send the car back to agent and the servicing and repair was very expensive. 156 was a problem car and I was told 159 has improved a lot, not sure how true. 

Supercharged

Maybe will b amazed if drivin on racetrack or touge, but nothin ordinary cars can't handle on spore roads. Unless i really like the car so much to ignore such issues n has lotsa money n time to keep going back to agent or ws, ill b sure to give them a miss. twas fortunate id delisted citroen cactus last year.

Turbocharged

When is that true alfa era?

"I ask Harald Wester about these Gremlins, and he puts it down to modern cars’ computers having around 100 million lines of code — “twice as much as a new airliner.”

From the article, this is the most telling of their mindset IMO and consequently the quality of cars they are putting on the road.

Even more worrying is when modern cars heavily depend on the electronics.

Been there, done that and with this kind of mindset, I would not consider owning an alfa again.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

to me the giula doesn't look nice compared to the 156 or 159.

I don't see the reason to own one. 

↡ Advertisement