The 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia

Nostalgia

As for the Veloce, I think AF did a great job. They kept the weight down, though, no mention of aluminium in the construction.

The front half of the Giulia is 80% made of aluminium while the rear half has 45% aluminium. The propeller shaft is carbon fibre, throughout the entire Giulia range. That much done to keep weight down. It is in the brochure from EA.

↡ Advertisement

The front half of the Giulia is 80% made of aluminium while the rear half has 45% aluminium. The propeller shaft is carbon fibre, throughout the entire Giulia range. That much done to keep weight down. It is in the brochure from EA.

Weight is still quite heavy regardless?

That's impressive. The G30's doors, front bonnet & rear boot is made entirely out of aluminium.

Shortly after I took delivery of my car, the expected had to happen, there was a rather large "ding" on the front passenger door side. It was very obvious. I took the car to my panel workshop and they showed me it was made from aluminium. They masterfully got rid of the ding, and the whole door had to be resprayed, matching the rest of the panels & unseen to the naked eye - they assured me. I also had to re-do the nano coating as the door had to be resprayed. One of those things. And it is what it is...

Weight is still quite heavy regardless?

I was rather impressed by the Giulia's weight. It's featherweight, IMHO. Good job, AF.

Saw the AF brochure; says the kerb weight of the Veloce = 1,530 kg. So 0-100 in 5.7s is totally attainable.

The F30 328i which is comparable to the Giulia Veloce lists it's kerb weight as 1,430 kg (I think 1430 does not include the driver and fuel), according to some websites listing these figures. Compared to the F30, the Veloce has adaptive dampers.

The G30's kerb weight is 1615 kg, and that includes a 75kg driver and fuel 90%, according to the BMW Manual (no other occupants and or baggage).

Edited by Razzd

Is the Alfa Romeo club in Singapore dead? 

I wonder if the Giulia arriving in Singapore will revive the Sg Alfa Romeo club.........

I wonder if the Giulia arriving in Singapore will revive the Sg Alfa Romeo club.........

Most of the owners regretted so...

Forget about AROC la. It's history.

There's an active WhatsApp group for serpents now.

now yr driving?

As per my signature. Audi A3 2017.

AROC was a great phase.... gonna miss it...

Oh is it a public whatsapp?

Supersonic

Guys, Alfa Romeo has just opened a showroom at Suntec City.

Currently only saw one Giulia inside.

Do check it out. It's at the former Lamborghini showroom.

Guys, Alfa Romeo has just opened a showroom at Suntec City.

Currently only saw one Giulia inside.

Do check it out. It's at the former Lamborghini showroom.

Never knew there was even a lambo showroom in suntec previously